Nissan GT-R Forum banner

NAGTROC Scotch/Whiskey Thread

35K views 471 replies 71 participants last post by  GT-Rpilot 
#1 ·
I love cigars and I've started building my scotch collection to match up to my cigar stash. I'm getting a couple of nice premium scotches in next week but will always keep my eyes open for quality drinks...just wanted to know what you guys like to pour.

Pics and reviews would be great...pour on!!! I'll post the my scotch/whiskey stash when my next shipment comes in...5 bottles of some nice scotch...

See less See more
#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I"m sipping on a bottle of 18yr Highland Park which is really really good. Can't imagine how good the 40yr must taste. Please advise once you get brave enough to crack it. Cheers!

Attachments

#8 ·
Will do...I'm having several buddies over next Friday for some cigars, scotch, and poker. We are going to do some taste testing...neat at first then on the rocks later on...can't wait. My daily scotch lately Macallan 25 (the 30 is for special occasions) and the Dalmore Cigar Malt...nothing like a nice glass at the end of the day to keep you nice and toasted.

#9 ·
Have a hard time picking out which Macallan to drink, so many of them ?

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
I usually Drink any combination of Johnny Walker, finished off a bottle of Swing which for the money I thought was very nice, also been enjoying the smokyness of Double Black.

Recently tried one called Monkey Shoulder its a blend of 3 different Speyside malts.Monkey Shoulder is a blend of 3 Speyside whiskys; Kininvie, Balvenie and Glenfiddich Was not to shabby for around 30 bucks.

#14 ·
It's not scotch. But Yamazki 18 is great single whiskey. All I drink. I've had Yamazki 25. It's very expensive honestly 18 is just as good. macallan you can't go wrong with that either

#17 ·
I know very little about Scotch or Whiskey, but I know what I like (among the very few things I've tried):

Johnny Walker Blue label
Middleton Very Rare (it says?!) Irish Whiskey

Alexd

#19 ·
Jon, you must try scotch & coconut water. I don't mean the canned stuff, it must be fresh out of the coconut. I tried it a few years ago in Trinidad and thought it was good.

#20 ·
My typical choice is Singleton 18 or Macallan Alchemist. Yamazaki is also a great choice.

#27 ·
Justice...tried some bourbon last night...Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit...me likey!
Try Wild Turkey Rare Breed - one of the best bourbons i've had. Haven't had Kentucky Spirit though - is this it? http://www.bourbonenthusiast.com/forum/DBvd.php?id=35&task=displaybottling

Also try 'Bookers' (Jim Beams top bourbon)... i've haven't had the real expensive ones like Pappy Van Winkle (yes thats the name lol) - check out the site above and go through the reviews... good site

#30 ·
Jon, ballin as usual!

I'm thirsty!

I hate this thread BTW, I ended up buying some Oban 14year because of it this weekend (yeah I know it's not in the same class, but I wanted to try it, lol).

#31 ·
Thanks guys...like I have said before...any time you are in my area give me a call. I'll throw some steaks on the grill and we can go to town on some "good" vices...

Phil...that Oban is very good...

Tim...I'll be bringing some choice single malt to the beach party...we need to soak one or two glasses up.

God I hate the internet...just ordered 3 more single malts...I need an intervention

Glenfarclas 40yr
Glenfiddich 30yr
Springbank 21yr

#35 ·
I'm going to a buddy of mine's house that has a nice bourbon and rye collection...plan to do some taste testing along with some choice cigars so I'll try and figure out what I like before I start adding the bourban/rye bottles to the single malt collection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.