Where do you guys work lol

110 replies to this topic

#101 Adam@AAMCompetition Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Adam@AAMCompetition
  • Vendors
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
I think of myself as a legal drug dealer. Feeding your need for speed :).

Much respect for any and all law enforcement.

-Adam

Adam Correia
Sales and Marketing

http://www.aamcompetition.com
AdamC@AAMCompetition.com

Posted Image

Leave some feedback HERE

#102 dut Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

dut
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

View Postenshiu, on 04 July 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

+100,000 overpaid jobs, good benefits.

Overpaid? I don't think so considering some of the people I know in sales that make a rediculous amount of money and also a lot of Government workers I work with.

I've been trying to become CHP (California Highway Patrol) for the past couple years because of the retirement they offer, 3% for every year served up to 30 years. I can live with making $70k-ish a year after retiring.

Of course I'm trying at the wrong time where everyone is trying to get into these "type" of jobs, where you don't need schooling. I'm over it now, honestly don't think I can handle it anyways, both mentally and physically.

Posted Image

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DBA Front-End Conversion | KW V3 Coilovers | GTC Inlet Pipes | 3" GotBoost Intakes | GotBoost SD Conversion Kit | SIR 1150cc Injectors | SIR Fuel Pumps | HKS BOVs | Titek Downpipes | AAM Resonated Midpipe | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Cobb AP 006

Speed Density E85 Tune By Ben Linney
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#103 Wakemaker89 Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

Wakemaker89
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 30 posts

View Postbsh, on 02 June 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Business owner / factory sales rep for commercial dehumidification equipment manufacture.
HA! I should give you the number to a hockey rink in dallas they can't keep the rink dehumidified to save their lives!

I work in HR/Operations for a Tech Firm I make good money but not great money... I just don't have a lot of expenses though

Looking for my first GT-R

#104 slamar1 Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

slamar1
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 210 posts
Medical Device Sales

2014 GT-R - Pearl White - SBD Catless DP, Cobb Catted Midpipe, 1000CC Injectors, AEM 320 Fuel Pumps, 3" Intakes, 90mm GTC Ti exhaust, Cobb AP, Tuned by Cobb for 91 Octane - 560hp/550tq
2013 GT-R - Jet Black - Stock - SOLD

#105 krzykk Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

krzykk
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • RSP fetish #23 GT-R driver

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

View PostRimola, on 04 July 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Overpaid ?? Glad you can put a price tag on public safety. Let me throw some knowledge your way.

On average, you pay roughly $500 a year for a full-time police department that is available to every person who lives or travels through the municipality 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. And those numbers are NJ (one of the most expensive property taxed states in the US). Which leads me to believe that other states avg is less than that.

It is highly doubtful that one wonders what the responding officer's salary is when calling 911. People who call the police are concerned with whatever is occurring in their life at that moment. They don't care how much we make, just as long as we show up when they call, no matter the reason.

Just like you, we pay taxes. We don't get tax breaks or incentives, like the wealthy. Most of our families, in fact, are two-income households, same as the majority of American families. Truth is, most starting salaries are in the low-to-mid 30s, and some even lower. Eventually, an officer works his or her way up the pay scale. This takes time. No officer makes $100,000 right out of the academy.

We work holidays, weekends, nights, swing shifts, snowstorms, hurricanes, floods... you name it. My department is on the job 24/7 so that you can get a restful night's sleep. If we do our jobs the way we were trained, we're still called derogatory names. If we are too kind, we're lazy. If we can't solve your problem, we're incompetent. We are expected to be doctors, lawyers, marriage counselors, parents to unparented children, teachers, mechanics, plumbers, veterinarians, wildlife experts...the one and only cure-all, really, to any problem a community has.

I'm not looking for recognition. That's not the point. I ave chosen to deal with the element in society nobody else wants to. Sometimes we leave for work, say goodbye to our families, just like you do before work  and privately wonder if this will be our last shift. Why do I deserve the compensation I  get? Because I earned it.

You have a nice day.

Just read it. Good post Rimola and thank you for your service.

#23............................................................................................................................................................KING
2013 GT-R RAY BLACK EDITION ..........................................................................................................2013 ///M3 FROZEN
Posted Image

#106 Rimola Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

Rimola
  • Members
  • Jugoslavia

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

View Postkrzykk, on 08 July 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

Just read it. Good post Rimola and thank you for your service.

no no no my friend...thank you :)

Posted Image

View PostGreg S., on 22 May 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

The GTR is never the prom queen. But she's always the girl you should marry.

#107 Tim1137 Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Tim1137
  • Members
  • Worlds slowest production GTR

• PipPip
  • 276 posts
Ill chime in although im not yet a GTR owner, I have the ability to afford it.

I work as a Service Advisor at a small Volkswagen dealership. I also own a very small Ebay store which i am trying to expand slowly

2010 GTR Premium - Black on Black, unmodified

#108 pharmdphd98 Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

pharmdphd98
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 119 posts
Pharmacist and Pharmaceutical Scientist.

#109 Cavalier777 Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

Cavalier777
  • Members
  • R36 Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,047 posts

View Postdut, on 05 July 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Overpaid? I don't think so considering some of the people I know in sales that make a rediculous amount of money and also a lot of Government workers I work with.

I've been trying to become CHP (California Highway Patrol) for the past couple years because of the retirement they offer, 3% for every year served up to 30 years. I can live with making $70k-ish a year after retiring.

Of course I'm trying at the wrong time where everyone is trying to get into these "type" of jobs, where you don't need schooling. I'm over it now, honestly don't think I can handle it anyways, both mentally and physically.

haha if you want to see overpaid, just check Freddie and Fannie.

Posted Image

#110 drbobbybones Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

drbobbybones
  • Members
  • Bone Stock

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Overpaid ?? Glad you can put a price tag on public safety. Let me throw some knowledge your way.

On average, you pay roughly $500 a year for a full-time police department that is available to every person who lives or travels through the municipality 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. And those numbers are NJ (one of the most expensive property taxed states in the US). Which leads me to believe that other states avg is less than that.

It is highly doubtful that one wonders what the responding officer's salary is when calling 911. People who call the police are concerned with whatever is occurring in their life at that moment. They don't care how much we make, just as long as we show up when they call, no matter the reason.

Just like you, we pay taxes. We don't get tax breaks or incentives, like the wealthy. Most of our families, in fact, are two-income households, same as the majority of American families. Truth is, most starting salaries are in the low-to-mid 30s, and some even lower. Eventually, an officer works his or her way up the pay scale. This takes time. No officer makes $100,000 right out of the academy.

We work holidays, weekends, nights, swing shifts, snowstorms, hurricanes, floods... you name it. My department is on the job 24/7 so that you can get a restful night's sleep. If we do our jobs the way we were trained, we're still called derogatory names. If we are too kind, we're lazy. If we can't solve your problem, we're incompetent. We are expected to be doctors, lawyers, marriage counselors, parents to unparented children, teachers, mechanics, plumbers, veterinarians, wildlife experts...the one and only cure-all, really, to any problem a community has.

I'm not looking for recognition. That's not the point. I ave chosen to deal with the element in society nobody else wants to. Sometimes we leave for work, say goodbye to our families, just like you do before work  and privately wonder if this will be our last shift. Why do I deserve the compensation I  get? Because I earned it.

You have a nice day.

Great post.  I'm an orthopedic surgeon and we always took good care of cops that got hurt trying to keep guys like me safe.  An almost thankless job that puts your life at stake every day.  How much is your own life worth to you, enshiu?  These "overpaid" guys are the ones that keep you safe behind whatever computer you hide behind.  

I get the comment "you're overpaid" a lot too.  Next time your ankle is in 10,000 pieces, you'll be thankful that you got someone who went through 10+ years of schooling after college and spent their entire twenties inside of a library or a hospital while incurring $200k-$300k of debt.  How much is your (insert body part here) worth to you?

2012 Jet Black Black Edition (daily driver)
2011 Audi Q5 (wife/kid)
2002 Subaru WRX TurboXS Stage 4 (eventual track toy)

#111 gogoevo Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

gogoevo
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 194 posts

You have a nice day.

Well said, well said indeed!

09 GT-R
06 IX Evo MR - SOLD
09 E92 M3 - SOLD

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users