9 replies to this topic

#1 Davin Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

Davin
  • Administrator
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,152 posts
Posted Image

In late 2010, I presented an Open Letter to Nissan outlining the key challenges that the GT-R community faced at the time. Since then, a substantial amount of time has passed and the GT-R market has grown, in the process experiencing a number of changes. Despite this growth and the changes seen, a number of significant issues remain and additionally, new questions and concerns have risen.

This dialogue has now been continued with a new Open Letter, updating the core concepts behind the previous Letter for the major challenges that are faced today and focusing on the actual issues that GT-R owners and prospective owners continue to have. The ultimate goal remains the same however: to detail the challenges that must be addressed to improve the ownership experience for the GT-R in its largest market.

To view the new Open Letter to Nissan, click here

#2 max_R35 Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

max_R35
  • ME MODERATOR
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That article is one Nissan should take seriously

Thank you Davin for representing this community

1st Series II Gulf Spec GT-R Black, Black/Red

Engine/Drivetrain:
Cobb AP-NIS-006, Custom Dyno Tune: Ben @ GTC, GTC 4" Ti Exhaust, GTC Turbo Inlet Pipe, GTC 80mm Intake, AMS catless DP, AMS Intercooler, Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors, HKS spark plugs, HKS Actuators, Cobb Silicon Hoses, Cobb XLE BPV, GBP SD Kit B, SIR 265LPH pumps, Castrol Engine Oil, Dodson Transmission and Diff Fluid, Willall Transmission Cooler + Sump, Willall Engine Sump, Willall Diff Coolers, AAM Engine Oil Cooler, CBRD Radiator, Carbing Coolant Overflow Tank, Samco Radiator Hoses, Dodson 60C Thermostat, Dodson Sportsman Kit + Extras, Michelin PSS 295/35/20 Square

Visual:
Stillen Front License Plate Bracket, Yoshi/RevoZport DN Duckbill CF Trunk, GT-RR CF Steering Wheel, Fringe XVO Afterburner tips, SMS Design & Performance Spec Mi CF Engine Cover # 9of10, Carbon Dry AC surround and door handles, Rexpeed Mirrors, Emblems, Carbon Side Emblem Cover and Carbon Hood Dampers, Matte Black VR G2 F20x10 R20x11

View PostAMS, on May 18 2010, 04:52 PM, said:

We rarely are the first to market on the product but in our eyes we always produce the best product when we do finally release it :)

#3 hks Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

hks
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 263 posts
Great write up!!!! I wonder/hope if Nissan reads this stuff?

Edited by hks, 12 June 2012 - 03:12 PM.

money cant buy taste. GTRice taking over

#4 bse Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

bse
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
very nicely put!

#5 drs_gtr Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

drs_gtr
  • Members
  • R35 Member

• PipPip
  • 224 posts
Really thorough and accurate analysis. I think YOU should be the one directing the GT-R program here in the U.S. !!!

Edited by drs_gtr, 13 June 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#6 Jon H Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

Jon H
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

View Posthks, on 12 June 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Great write up!!!! I wonder/hope if Nissan reads this stuff?

Nissan certainly reads this stuff. Thanks again Davin!

2013 GT-R
2009 GT-R (Sold)

BW CW13 - 1:52 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDNx97hxgeQ
Posted Image

#7 hyprpwr Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

hyprpwr
  • hyprpwrphtgrphy.com

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
One of the peeves I have not directly touched on, is the loaner program. Coming from two Infiniti's in the past, they have been open and willing to issue loaners on multiple occasions. With Nissan, unless there is a catastrophic failure, in which Nissan takes responsibility for, you're stuck with a brightly colored minivan shuttle within x range of the dealer until the car is ready. I'm not asking for a Nismo 370z in these occasions, I would be happy with a Versa, just to get from A to B.

Instagram @hyprpwr @hyprpwr_phtgrphy @socalgtr facebook.com/hyprpwrphtgrphy
2014 Midnight Opal GT-R
2013 Nissan 370Z Magma Red
2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD Liquid Platinum
2009 GT-R Gun Metallic (SOLD)
2008 Infiniti G37S (SOLD)
2003 Infiniti G35 6MT (SOLD)

#8 icarus Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

icarus
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
The loaner is a dealer-specific decision.  At one dealership, the service manager was always so apologetic that they only had a Maxima or 370Z to give me.  At another dealership, it's strictly a shuttle ride to Enterprise for me, and they only covered the rental if I was doing significant service work with them.  But their service tech is so good it doesn't bother me.  If I bought the GT-R from the dealer, and had it service regularly at the dealer, I would certainly want an on-the-house loaner like a Maxima.  But if I didn't then I can't really expect them to if I'm just coming in for an alignment.

2010 GMG Premium

#9 FrankyGTR Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

FrankyGTR
  • WHITE NINJA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

View Posthyprpwr, on 13 June 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

One of the peeves I have not directly touched on, is the loaner program. Coming from two Infiniti's in the past, they have been open and willing to issue loaners on multiple occasions. With Nissan, unless there is a catastrophic failure, in which Nissan takes responsibility for, you're stuck with a brightly colored minivan shuttle within x range of the dealer until the car is ready. I'm not asking for a Nismo 370z in these occasions, I would be happy with a Versa, just to get from A to B.
+1 whats up with that i had a G37 from the usa and i used to get t a Fx35 and g25 even 2012mustang GT loaner now at nissan they say because my GTR is from the US i get NOTHING
what a joke,i mean where all in america right and my GTR cost more than ANY INFINITI????GTR owners should get SPECIAL treatment IMO

Edited by Franky2222, 13 June 2012 - 03:11 PM.

are you a GTR owner? join the owners facebook group,just ask me (3) Franky Gtr Love

#10 choester Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

choester
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
did you get a reply from nissan?

2010 GT-R e85 bolt-ons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users