i received the brand RR bumper from GT-RR.com 1 week ago
took the bumper to 3 most experienced body parts in country
and all of them couldn't fit the bumper ! and all of them said that its the lowest quality fiber glass bumper they've ever seen !
even when they were trying to fit the bumper, it wouldn't fit unless they force it to !
the edges near the indecation signals and the head lights are weavy and not straight as you can feel it by just touching it ! big gaps every where !
even the 2009 oem spoiler doesn't fit ! the bumper is some how narrower than the width of the oem spoiler !
and there is a big gap between the bumper & the spoiler !
and the other issue was that when the bumper is installed .. the hood can't be closed !
the edges in the upper center of the bumper is waaay off ! and it actually goes 1" underneath the hood !
ive never heard of a bumper that needs trimming in order to shut the hood !!
and GT-RR never mentioned that to me before purchasing the bumper !
and not surprisingly, even this 2009 oem white sponge material doesn't fit behind this bumper where it should be !
they tried fitting the bumper after fitting the sponge material but the bumper is way far from even touching the the car !
they noticed that the bumper is molded in a crappy way from behind !
this is the part im taking about
after that i never bothered to take it to any other body shops .. because i've already paid 300$ for all 3 shops just for giving them a hard time with this bumper !
i asked Mark@gt-rr for a refund and they can have their bumper back but i didn't expect the BULL SHIT that was coimng !
this is the email Mark sent :
I first wanted to start out this email by thanking you for letting the team here at GT-RR/Bulletproof review everything that you had sent us!
With that being said, there are a couple of things we wanted to discuss with you.
1) I have attached our “brand_rr notice” that we send out to our clients, when you have time – please review it, however, I wanted to highlight a couple of items that is on it:
a. These bumpers are “handmade”
b. These bumpers are Fiberglass, which is a completely different material than what is used by OEM Manufacture’s.
c. These bumpers, like any “aftermarket” product require test fitting/adjustments done by an “Experienced” Body shop
In summary, the brand_rr bumper is not going to just be a direct bolt on product. Based on our history with the numerous other very happy brand_RR bumper owners, and their install shops…the typical time it takes for an experienced shop to do the installation is about 6-8 hours. It is nearly impossible for any Aftermarket product to as well as a stock OEM part, however, these bumpers are designed to fit extremely tight after it is professionally sanded down on the “B” side which is why we elected to add extra material.
2) I have attached some great photos of some of our very happy brand_RR bumper owners, and I wanted to highlight the fact that these bumpers are all made from the same mold! We only had 1 mold produced due to how low of a volume/special this product happens to be. So, with the right amount of work, I wanted to show you what your car will look like. Also, please click on these links, this link shows one of very happy customers build from prep to completion:
Now, to address some of your points in your email:
1) “the bumper wont fit the car right” – I believe I have addressed this above. This bumper again, is not a “direct snap on part”. We stand behind the fact that our product will fit with the right amount of work done to it.
2) “can’t shut the OEM hood because the bumper is going underneath the hood” – Again, as mentioned above…you are correct, the bumper will fit with the proper amount of “trimming and more alignment”
3) “the bumper is shorter than the spoiler in width” – The bumper and the spoiler need to be put together “off” the car. Once this is done, then the proper modifications can be done by your body shop to ensure proper fitment
4) “and the edges are bad quality” – the bumper itself is inspected before it is shipped to you, so…I am assuming something must have happened during shipment. However, this bumper is “unfinished”, so…when you have the body shop paint it, the edges will be touched up as well.
Again, I do apologize for the delayed response to your email on Sunday, however, we take a great amount of pride in our products, and wanted to evaluate this a team. I hope this email helps clear up the issues that you had.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to call/email me at any time!
and this was my reply (Mark I've tried sending this reply to you after i got your email, but no luck, all im getting from hotmail is Postmaster:Delivery Status Notification (Failure) :
Whaaat are you talking about Mark !!
This is total BULL SHIT !!
Yes you told me that its a custom hand made fiber glass bumper (which every one knows that it is because its definitely not an oem bumper) ?.. But you didn't mention anything about trimming the edges and repairing the low quality bumper you sent me !!
Its your job to do that .. And its my job to bolt it on !! Its as simple as that !!
You never told me its not going to simply bolt on to the car !
Why are you telling me this now !!
Don't come with bull shit excuses !
I'm going to post this on nagtroc !
I've taken this bumper to 3 different work shops and all of them said this Is a faulty product that needs to be molded all over again !!
And I tried to install the lip on the bumper before installing the bumper on the car and it won't fit !!
Even the white sponge oem part that comes with the 2009 gtr which is places behind the bumper can't be fitted ! Every thing is aligned wrong and would cost me more than the price I paid for the bumper just to fix it !!
The customers you sent me pics of their bumpers, they received good aligned ready to bolt on bumper and I received the opposite !
Even the carbon grill is aligned wrong ! Its kinda bent on the edge and you can see it clearly ! And the weaves are shit !
I need a refund of the price of the bumper which is 1170$ + the price of the carbon grill which is 340$ or something near that price !!
I will keep the LEDs and the other oem grills
If you think the bumper you sent me is perfect .. Then why don't you just have it back and refund my money ..
You can always fool some other customers but not me with your BULL SHIT !
Edited by alpha Godzilla, 22 June 2012 - 11:29 AM.