max_R35
  • ME MODERATOR
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
My tuner told me that he witnessed faster spool after he installed my inlets

1st Series II Gulf Spec GT-R Black, Black/Red

Engine/Drivetrain:
Cobb AP-NIS-006, Custom Dyno Tune: Ben @ GTC, GTC 4" Ti Exhaust, GTC Turbo Inlet Pipe, GTC 80mm Intake, AMS catless DP, AMS Intercooler, Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors, HKS spark plugs, HKS Actuators, Cobb Silicon Hoses, Cobb XLE BPV, GBP SD Kit B, SIR 265LPH pumps, Castrol Engine Oil, Dodson Transmission and Diff Fluid, Willall Transmission Cooler + Sump, Willall Engine Sump, Willall Diff Coolers, AAM Engine Oil Cooler, CBRD Radiator, Carbing Coolant Overflow Tank, Samco Radiator Hoses, Dodson 60C Thermostat, Dodson Sportsman Kit + Extras, Michelin PSS 295/35/20 Square

Visual:
Stillen Front License Plate Bracket, Yoshi/RevoZport DN Duckbill CF Trunk, GT-RR CF Steering Wheel, Fringe XVO Afterburner tips, SMS Design & Performance Spec Mi CF Engine Cover # 9of10, Carbon Dry AC surround and door handles, Rexpeed Mirrors, Emblems, Carbon Side Emblem Cover and Carbon Hood Dampers, Matte Black VR G2 F20x10 R20x11

View PostAMS, on May 18 2010, 04:52 PM, said:

We rarely are the first to market on the product but in our eyes we always produce the best product when we do finally release it :)

#62 CornedOutVR38 Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

CornedOutVR38
  • Banned
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
Nice, what was the gain as measured at the wheels? What kind of dyno?

View Postvanos, on 23 July 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

I did a before & after dyno and got 27hp at the flywheel (downpipes and GTC inlets). Not sure how much of that was inlets and how much downpipes...

I love the sound from the GTC inlets!!

9.870 @ 140.47
Bone Stock 3.8L

#63 hks Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

hks
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

View PostBill@SprayItRacing, on 07 July 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

On a more serious note, I will see if I can source that 90 degree barb fitting.. I swapped it over on mine, no problem but if I can get them reasonably will be ever nicer Posted Image

were you able to source the barb fitting? if not I'm assuming you just twist off the from stock and twist back on GTC? twist I mean with pliers I don't mean it's threaded.

money cant buy taste. GTRice taking over

#64 tripleJs15 Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

tripleJs15
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • Tokyo Nightmare

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
Would it benefit me upgrading to these from polished (not ported) 2012 inlets ?

2013 GT-R Black Edition (Jet Black) - Mods on the way
2010 GT-R Premium - Ben @ GTC Tuned, E85 and supporting mods, 360Forged Concaves on Toyo's

#65 vanos Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

vanos
  • Members
  • R35.se

• PipPip
  • 452 posts

View PostCornedOutVR38, on 23 July 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Nice, what was the gain as measured at the wheels? What kind of dyno?

No idea. The dyno (Vtech) measures loss to the wheels but I didn't ask for any numbers..
The biggest difference was above 5800-6000rpm.

Posted Image

#66 M O N S T E R Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

M O N S T E R
  • Members
  • Knowledge is recession proof!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts
Ben@GTC is near impossible to get a hold of. Do you know when they will be getting the 90mm GTC Titan catback and Y-pipe back in stock?

#67 audioenvy Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

audioenvy
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,247 posts

View Postcpunlamd, on 24 July 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Ben@GTC is near impossible to get a hold of.

Have you tried sending him an email?

Flex fuel 8-second street car tuned by Bill @ SprayItRacing

#68 M O N S T E R Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

M O N S T E R
  • Members
  • Knowledge is recession proof!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

View Postaudioenvy, on 24 July 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

Have you tried sending him an email?

I dialogue with Ben via PM.

#69 audioenvy Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

audioenvy
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,247 posts

View Postcpunlamd, on 24 July 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

I dialogue with Ben via PM.

He's pretty quick on the draw via email, in my experience. Maybe he likes me? ;)

Flex fuel 8-second street car tuned by Bill @ SprayItRacing

#70 MF92 Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

MF92
  • Members
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
Hey man, ben doesn't come on the forums a ton, but he is extremely quick to respond via e-mail, however you must keep in mind the 5 hour time difference

Final #s coming soon
Old #s: 740whp & 680wtq on pump94 & stock block

'09 GT-R Red (Black Interior)

SJL Custom turbos w/ forge actuators

Built Block (courtesy of SJL)
Built Transmission (courtesy of SJL) w/ 2013 upgraded cooling lines
Full AAM Catless Variable Exhaust
AAM 3" Intake w/GTC inlets and AMS 4-bar MAP sensor w/ gotboost harness
AAM Intercooler w/ GReddy IC pipes & GFB BOVs
GTC Speed Density Tune
Deutschwerks 950cc injectors & Wallbro Fuel Pumps
Boomerang & AUX/NAV bypass and Backup camera (courtesy of adrey)
ADV1 7.1 wheels in gloss black
AP JHooks, Endless mx72 pads, AMS Brake Lines
KW Sleeve's, Stillen Sway Bars

#71 vanos Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

vanos
  • Members
  • R35.se

• PipPip
  • 452 posts

View Postaudioenvy, on 24 July 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

He's pretty quick on the draw via email, in my experience. Maybe he likes me? ;)

wtf? I thought he only liked me!? my record is a reply within 2 minutes. What's yours.. :)

Posted Image

#72 speedxxxracer Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

speedxxxracer
  • Vendors
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 301 posts
Just finally had time to post these up after I installed GotBoost Intake, GTC Inlet, and Rexspeed Downpipes.

Only issues I had were the GTC Inlets. Hopefully the pictures explains it without me going into too much details. GotBoost and Rexspeed definitly no issues whatsoever with quality for price. The GTC Inlet however is VERY questionable. If i received a bad set I hope others aren't.

1. The 90 degree barb did not stay firmly in. I had to use loctite and blow torch to get it to stay inside and not completely turn 360 degrees. Here's the video of it moving freely before securing with loctite.

2. The oil/coolant line that runs from the inlet has interference issues with the welded positions for mounting. I had to do several modifications to both inlets to satisfy my taste.

I sold my 2012 inlets thinking this was going to be the better choice. I now regret doing so after completing install.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1994 Toyota Supra Hardtop | ABM 3.4 Stroker | GT4782R | MoTeC | Tilton | N20 | HRE | Bride | KW | Hypertune | Brembo | 1200+rwhp
2009 Nissan GT-R | HRE P43SC w/PSS 285/295 | Amuse Exhaust/Mid-Pipe | Rexpeed Downpipe | GTC Inlets | Walbro Pumps | ID1000 | 3" Got Boost Intake | HKS Coilovers | AP NIS-006

www.injectedperformance.com
www.autobanhmotorsports.com
www.tpglobalautotransport.com
www.gulfstatemotorcars.com

I am a car transporter, car dealer, and performance shop. If you need anything car related, PM ME!

#73 Bill@SprayItRacing Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Bill@SprayItRacing
  • Vendors
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Wow, I have installed 3 of them and have not had that tough of a time of it.  I had 1 other issue of quality control.  Looks like some fit well and others not as much.  I need to take them apart before sending and inspect them it seems.

All 3 the 90 degree vac fitting went right in, I just put some teflon tape on it and zero problems with that on my end.  Yours looks much looser than what I typically see.

Next up the driver PCV Valve oil fitting bracket did not fit, its held firmly in place with the 2 bolts on the bottom and the PCV hose on top.  So thats the same as what I have seen

The passanger bracket lines up on the ones I have installed, Yours does not line up at all, again not what I typically see when installing them.  

Ben is making new ones as we speak, and he knows of the 1 oil fitting bracket problem.  I will make sure he sees this and is aware of the issues.  

I will take some photos on my next install.

#74 dut Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

dut
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
Can you check mine before sending out? :dunno:

Posted Image

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DBA Front-End Conversion | KW V3 Coilovers | GTC Inlet Pipes | 3" GotBoost Intakes | GotBoost SD Conversion Kit | SIR 1150cc Injectors | SIR Fuel Pumps | HKS BOVs | Titek Downpipes | AAM Resonated Midpipe | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Cobb AP 006

Speed Density E85 Tune By Ben Linney
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#75 Bill@SprayItRacing Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

Bill@SprayItRacing
  • Vendors
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

View Postdut, on 12 August 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

Can you check mine before sending out? :dunno:

I started doing it as of this week, when I knew about the other set with an issue.

#76 PANG Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

PANG
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
Shoot, better check my set tonight before powdercoating

2010 GT-R GMG... sold
2010 GT-R Pearl white ...sold
2015 GT-R ...waiting...
2000 S2000 10.8@137 DA+6800
2009 335i Xdrive coupe
2013 Ford F-150 FX4 Ecoboost

#77 Ben Linney GTC Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

Ben Linney GTC
  • Vendors
  • is on The Grid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
sorry to see this speed. all the pipes are made from same jig. made/supplied some 50 sets, its oem based on RHD suction pipes, but have been fitted ok of LHD. best get in touch with me or bill to sort something out

GTC TiTAN * GTC CARBON AERO * GTC COOLING * GTC CLUTCH FRICTION * GTC VR38 ENGINE * GTC CALIBRATION * GTC FUEL *

Posted Image

Website - http://www.gtc-r.com

Email - team@gtc-r.com

Facebook page - https://www.facebook...198875273460388

#78 hks Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

hks
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 263 posts
these are just brackets so just rig something up or use zip ties. you cannot see them anyways. hahahahahahaha.

money cant buy taste. GTRice taking over

#79 Bill@SprayItRacing Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Bill@SprayItRacing
  • Vendors
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

View Posthks, on 13 August 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

these are just brackets so just rig something up or use zip ties. you cannot see them anyways. hahahahahahaha.

Absolutely not, Brackets need to be secured and not with zip ties.

#80 speedxxxracer Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

speedxxxracer
  • Vendors
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 301 posts
Also to add, these were the 2nd GTC inlets I received. The first Inlets were pretty sketchy. I contacted Jeremy@SSP and he didn't think the inlets were suppose to look like that. Luckily Jeremy@SSP had a set at his shop and went out of this way to swap the inlets I ended up installing. I have pictures of the 1st set if anybody is interested.

1994 Toyota Supra Hardtop | ABM 3.4 Stroker | GT4782R | MoTeC | Tilton | N20 | HRE | Bride | KW | Hypertune | Brembo | 1200+rwhp
2009 Nissan GT-R | HRE P43SC w/PSS 285/295 | Amuse Exhaust/Mid-Pipe | Rexpeed Downpipe | GTC Inlets | Walbro Pumps | ID1000 | 3" Got Boost Intake | HKS Coilovers | AP NIS-006

www.injectedperformance.com
www.autobanhmotorsports.com
www.tpglobalautotransport.com
www.gulfstatemotorcars.com

I am a car transporter, car dealer, and performance shop. If you need anything car related, PM ME!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users