- - - - -

2009 R35 GTR Passenger Seat - Side Airbag (no occupant sensor)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 SLCGTR Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

SLCGTR
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 404 posts
i changed to Tillett seats bout month ago and did not have one problem or light and as far as i can tell all my Airbags are good to go

i just fallowed
phlegmon

post and it was perfect
also check out his OG link i added some stuff that i thought might be helpful from a different installers POV

http://www.gtrlife.c...__fromsearch__1

Instagram

#22 ModFreaksGTR Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

ModFreaksGTR
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts
Great info from Phlegmon and SLC GTR. Just got my seats installed this weekend. I had some difficulty ensuring the seats were level after the install. The drivers side was off by maybe an inch and the passenger side was off by maybe half an inch. To fix the problem I took some washers and placed them on the side that needed to be lifted where the seat rails/sliders mount to the base plate.

I was able to find the 2.2 Ohm resistors at radio shack, for those of us who don't want to wait for shipping. Phlegmon really helped me out, I called him numerous times with questions. I cut each resistor a bit so that it would sit almost flush inside the airbag sensor housing. Put a little electrical tape and it was good to go.

I'm just looking around for the occupant weight sensor now. If anyone has one please let me know. I may go to the dealership and get one, they are about 100.00 and no need to disassemble a seat as they come separate. I'm still not sure if its going to be compatible with my car but if I don't find a used one soon ill go pick it up and let everyone know how it turns out.

Posted Image

2013 E85 GT-R tuned by the BEST Ben Linney @ GTC on EcuTek

#23 GSX-R35 Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

GSX-R35
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

View PostJA///MES, on 10 February 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Great info from Phlegmon and SLC GTR. Just got my seats installed this weekend. I had some difficulty ensuring the seats were level after the install. The drivers side was off by maybe an inch and the passenger side was off by maybe half an inch. To fix the problem I took some washers and placed them on the side that needed to be lifted where the seat rails/sliders mount to the base plate.

I was able to find the 2.2 Ohm resistors at radio shack, for those of us who don't want to wait for shipping. Phlegmon really helped me out, I called him numerous times with questions. I cut each resistor a bit so that it would sit almost flush inside the airbag sensor housing. Put a little electrical tape and it was good to go.

I'm just looking around for the occupant weight sensor now. If anyone has one please let me know. I may go to the dealership and get one, they are about 100.00 and no need to disassemble a seat as they come separate. I'm still not sure if its going to be compatible with my car but if I don't find a used one soon ill go pick it up and let everyone know how it turns out.

I'd be interested to see if you can get an occupancy sensor new from your dealership - it'd make life a lot easier for people doing seat swaps if that turns out to be the case. I checked with my own dealership however and they told me it was not possible. I talked to the head of service and the parts department and we turned up nothing since it's not really designed to be a dealer replaceable part. The sensor is buried under several layers of padding and upholstery and is attached firmly by cow clips so if one were ever to go bad the SOP is just to replace the seat bottom. The labor required to replace only the sensor just isn't justifiable for a dealer versus just replacing the whole kit and caboodle.

If it turns out you can't get the POS from your dealer after all, I posted some tips on finding one in my seat swap DIY here:

http://www.gtrlife.c...d-profit-maybe/

2010 Black Obsidian Premium

Performance: Akrapovic Evo exhaust, Cobb Accessport, TSM 1050 injectors, TSM fuel pump upgrade, Gotboost intakes, AMS downpipes, Nismo oil cap (adds a jillion hp I swear!)
Exterior: AMS carbon hood with Rexpeed dampers, Stillen front lip, Full front wrap, Volk GT30 Formula Silver wheels with Volk Formula lugs and Michelin PSS tires, Nissan LED DRLs, Top Secret CF side diffusers
Interior: Cobra Misano 30 seats, Schroth 4-point harnesses, Sparco harness bar, custom GT-RR steering wheel, Nordring plaque in custom dash pad, Specialized Performance rear and front cameras and A/V input
Ultimate upgrades: Driver education with NASA HPDE and SCCA PDX

#24 ModFreaksGTR Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

ModFreaksGTR
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts

View PostGSX-R35, on 10 February 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

I'd be interested to see if you can get an occupancy sensor new from your dealership - it'd make life a lot easier for people doing seat swaps if that turns out to be the case. I checked with my own dealership however and they told me it was not possible. I talked to the head of service and the parts department and we turned up nothing since it's not really designed to be a dealer replaceable part. The sensor is buried under several layers of padding and upholstery and is attached firmly by cow clips so if one were ever to go bad the SOP is just to replace the seat bottom. The labor required to replace only the sensor just isn't justifiable for a dealer versus just replacing the whole kit and caboodle.

If it turns out you can't get the POS from your dealer after all, I posted some tips on finding one in my seat swap DIY here:

http://www.gtrlife.c...d-profit-maybe/

We shall see what happens, I'm gonna look into it this week and see if I can't have something by Friday. I would much rather just buy the OCS from the dealer than have to hunt for one. I will keep everyone posted.

Posted Image

2013 E85 GT-R tuned by the BEST Ben Linney @ GTC on EcuTek

#25 Silkypico Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

Silkypico
  • Members
  • zilknation.com

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
Did you find one?

GT-R LIFESTYLE | GT-R T-SHIRTS | ZILKNATION

2010 Obsidian Black R35 Cobb FlexFuel - Tuned by FFTEC

0 user(s) are reading this topic