Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Just picked up my new white 2013 GTR! (Chicago)

5K views 46 replies 24 participants last post by  JesusFast 
#1 ·
Hey guys im new to the forum and new to the GTR world. Would be nice to meet up with some fellow GTR owners sometime to swap some advice! Im in lake Forest. Do any of you chicago guys meet up ever?

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah...you also want to get to know AMS in West Chicago.

I don't think anyone really gets together in Chicagoland on any kind of regular basis.

I did see 4 of us and a former GT-R owner (now Lamborgini) at Byron Drag-Strip about 2 months ago.

Alexd

#12 ·
anyone remember the ams open house party date lots of people were selling parts in the parking lot? i went once or twice a few years back (dunno if its called open house party or not)... NOS girls were there one year (man the shit they were talking about lol) was a good time (wishing i didn't take my gf@ the time).

had a few dyno days at speedquest way back in the day (i can't say much about these guys just went with friends who were Honda freaks).

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
That's where I first met them. They put on a very nice show.

Weekends, I'm usually in Lake Villa or Fox Lake cruising around.

Alexd

#17 ·
Depends upon what you mean. If it's data-logging (3rd gear up to 7000 RPM) there's a relatively safe place in Chicago around Pulaski and Bryn Mawr. If it's 1 mile lengths, then farm roads (asphalt) out around Woodstock. Neither is good for more than one vehicle at a time...

Alexd

#18 ·
Roselle area here. We should definitely set up a meet this spring. Cars asleep for winter unfortunately. :(

#19 ·
No snow for awhile guys.

Anyone want to meet for breakfast at "The Whistle stop" in Fox Lake on Sunday? Or, I'd be open to other ideas N. or N.W. of Chicago. And, 100 octane gas at the Speedway just East of Rt. 41, on the north-side of Rt. 132.

Alexd

#21 ·
On the North side of Fox Lake, on Rt. 12, there's a 106 octane (or close to that) LEADED gasoline supplier, I think it's a BP station. You aren't allowed to pump it directly into your gas tank...must bring containers to fill instead.

The Speedway I go to just East of Rt 41 on Rt132 is 100 octane UNLEADED, and pumped and paid for through the usual pump.

I have had bad experience with leaded high-octane gas, and don't use it.

What are you presently driving...?

Alexd

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah...but our cars are made to be driven, and by-and-large there are more scenic and "useable" roads as we go a few miles away from the Big City. I go back and forth every weekend (from Chicago, with my Nissan Xterra Offroad SUV) to where I garage my GT-R. Sometimes I run up into Southern Wisconsin with the GT-R and really have fun on their back roads.

I'll lay out a path through Kettle Moraine if anyone wants to do a cruise...used to do this regularly with a Camaro/Firebird group; lots of fun!

Alexd

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
+1 i go up to Wisconsin for long open roads. there used to be nice open rd or two in hainseville/round lake by the apple farm & tree/shrubs nursery off of 120.

the zx is on the charger packed away in the garage for the winter. driving the Mazda eco box
getting my drift in before it snows lol

zx needs new clutch so its not going anywhere until then + its still got cats so avoiding race gas for now. 100Oct ill try out after clutch is done next year. what's it cost on average over there?

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think it's $6.99, or thereabouts.

Alexd

#27 ·
Gentlemen, beware, there is a new Raptorr on the road in the North suburbs of Chicago, 2012 GTR, transformed to a killer animal, by the great team at AMS.
Watch for the Alpha 9 passing you by on the road. The best decision I ever made.

http://www.amsperformance.com/amsftp/Sequence%2001.mp4

Enjoy
Ray

#28 ·
Love Chicagoland...congratulations! I used to live in Schaumburg...went to UIC...

#31 ·
no
But I live in the city of chicago

A few of the usual suspects who I know personally on this thread used to hang out with me, when I didnt have a lambo (they seem to be snobs), after I got the lambo they dont like me anymore. so to win back their love, I bought a 2013 GTR.

so Ron, Jafar, JJ ... can we all be friends again and hang out?

#32 ·
Sure.

That Lambo was(is) a beautiful car though!

Alexd

#33 ·
I still got it ;-) Its not going anywhere, I told a friend Lambo = Fine Art, GTR = Killing Machine.

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
Very cool! And its not my thread, so I hijacked it too

Are you in chicagoland? Or just somewhere in the great state of ILLINOIS?

Actually based on your aventador, I think you are the one who is part of Lambo Club (you come with your wife and son?) that Carla sets up those events in the summer? Including those car show things at the prominad.

#37 ·
Cool. Yeah, I am the Gray Murci Roadster that attends from time to time. We did that WI thing at the Crazy Goat or w/e it was.

Wish that warm stuff would start showing up so we could start enjoying these cars again!

#38 ·
Fantastic...TWO people who appreciate both art and science!

Alexd

#40 ·
I am just slightly jeolus of your stable. Share your success story

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.