THIS IS BULLSHIT GEICO!

90 replies to this topic

#1 Python Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Python
  • Members
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Does geico not insure the gtr? because 3 months into my insurance policy i received a letter saying i am being canceled :lame:

i have had them for a few years with liability on my corolla. i am in my 30's with no accidents or tickets in at least 10 years.excellent credit too. i chose them a few years ago because of how cheap the insurance was and their customer service was very good as well. my car is parked in a garage and not even being driven that often due to winter. the neighborhood is decent too. i paid for the 6 months of full coverage and three months into it i get this bullshit in the mail.

the gist of the letter was a routine policy review determined they are not able to renew the 2010 Nissan. they regret to inform me that this is a vehicle they don't normally insure. REALLY? some of the characteristics of a vehicle deemed unacceptable are high performance characteristics , ect ect.

I can't believe this shit. i have never had a nice car in my life and this comes as a complete surprise, especially considering my driving history and business with the company. i was suppose me to make a  "hey finally got my dream car thread" and these greedy pricks send me this bullshit. an insurance company who doesn't want to pay for something in case something bad happens. who would have thought huh? :soapbox: i mean of course i can take my business somewhere else, but i liked them up until they insult me with this. i remember state farm and Allstate wanted like 230 a month and geico was charging me like 90 because i still have my corolla as a second vehicle. now I'm thinking i am going to get boned trying to insure somewhere else.

this does not seem fair. are you telling my that in the city of Chicago geico cancels policy's for benz bmw Bentley ect lol? :xZ!o: any help would be appreciated. I'm not even going to call the number yet. :punch:

Edited by Python, 25 January 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#2 celsius Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

celsius
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts
get StateFarm

#3 konaforever Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

konaforever
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 992 posts
Weird. Just renewed my policy with Geico for my 2009! Maybe they just don't like you for some reason? :poke:

2009 GTR - red/ecutek tune/titek midpipe
2008 350Z - sold
2005 e46 M3 - sold

#4 Python Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Python
  • Members
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

View Postkonaforever, on 25 January 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

Weird. Just renewed my policy with Geico for my 2009! Maybe they just don't like you for some reason? :poke:

right?

#5 m3sparky Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

m3sparky
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
i have nationwide and either they dont know what a gtr is or im getting an awesome deal 110 bucks a month for full 100k coverage.

2013 Nissan GT-R BE pearl white - ECUTEK tuned by JOHN VISCONTI. Flex Fuel Kit , HKS spec R titanium exhaust ,Got Boost intakes, AAM catless midpipe, AMS catless downpipes, GFB bov's, Pumps for e85 , SIR 1150 Injectors , ADV10 wheels. Endless Pads/oil. EQ tuning dynocom - 713hp @ 5500 rpm 735 torque@ 3600 rpm
cosmetics - Tint, clear bra , clear front reflectors, l.e.d lamps , c/f steering wheel trim, c/f hood intake vents, c/f vinyl roof, Rexpeed c/f skirts , side markers and hood dampers ,auto tecknic shifters.

10.1@137mph ( best mph 137.6)( best 60 foot 1.56)
2013 GMC Denali awd
2011 bmw 550i

Posted Image

#6 GTRcHaRgEr Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

GTRcHaRgEr
  • LiMiTLeSs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
Or maybe its due to the state your in. I had geico before but I switch to progressive because they were cheaper.

09 Black Premium DBA Conversion ..... ALPHA 12 Powered TSM Tuned.....

#7 Pizzamangtr Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Pizzamangtr
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,206 posts
Gieco here also. Wtf! I've had the sls on the policy. Maybe your region?

Posted Image

#8 BigVic Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

BigVic
  • The Reptile Guy

• PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
I switched to Geico in November from USAA - no problem establishing a policy with the GTR in VA.

'13 Ford F-350 Pearl White Lariat 4X4 (Daily)
'09 Nissan GT-R Platinum - Black/Black

#9 Python Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Python
  • Members
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Chicago il. maybe too many murders :dunno:

Edited by Python, 25 January 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#10 paparazzi Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

paparazzi
  • Site Moderator
  • Torque Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts
Maybe they saw your avatar photo and thought you looked to stoned?? Lol

JDM MINE'S dry carbon Spec X 6.0 with genuine Spec-V turbos
617ft lb and 652whp on MS109

#11 chimmike Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

chimmike
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 157 posts

View PostBigVic, on 25 January 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

I switched to Geico in November from USAA - no problem establishing a policy with the GTR in VA.

Don't know why you'd do that. USAA is by far a superior company.

Sounds to me like Geico's actuarials were reviewing cars and figured out exactly what a GTR is, told underwriting, and underwriting has decided to not write those in certain regions.

My company is strictly commercial, but somehow an underwriter didn't know a Ford GT isn't a mustang and wrote one on a policy. Needless to say after the owner tagged a pole and $30k damage later, they've done a little more thorough research into cars they're not familiar.

Not really a bad against Geico. Granted you're not happy.........but remember they're in the business of making money and there are no laws saying they must insure every vehicle to every driver out there.

#12 justin330i Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

justin330i
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I would look at Amica.  A buddy of mine had USAA and he dropped them and picked up Amica.  I personally haven't had any issues with USAA but I might look into Amica as well.

#13 Willis Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Willis
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I got kicked off there policy as well with my Supra, just about a month ago. They have been a little weird lately. Im not the only one that has been dropped from them that I know. Im thinking of going back to USAA or State Farm.

Train Hard but ALWAYS Stay Humble...

#14 TWYNBYZ Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

TWYNBYZ
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 185 posts
State Farm for the win

2013 Pearl White GTR
Mods incoming:
Swift springs, mid-pipe, intake, exhaust and tune.

#15 playano23 Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

playano23
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 201 posts
State Farm here as well.  Good coverage ~$130 per month full coverage.

#16 Python Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Python
  • Members
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

View Postchimmike, on 25 January 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Sounds to me like Geico's actuarials were reviewing cars and figured out exactly what a GTR is, told underwriting, and underwriting has decided to not write those in certain regions.

My company is strictly commercial, but somehow an underwriter didn't know a Ford GT isn't a mustang and wrote one on a policy. Needless to say after the owner tagged a pole and $30k damage later, they've done a little more thorough research into cars they're not familiar.

Not really a bad against Geico. Granted you're not happy.........but remember they're in the business of making money and there are no laws saying they must insure every vehicle to every driver out there.

i agree. they can not tell they do not insure cars with high performance characteristics though. i can not be the only gtr in IL on geico, or have the only high performance car in IL.

Edited by Python, 25 January 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#17 TheNewGuy Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

TheNewGuy
  • Members
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Uh, no. My gtr is insured thru my gf's USAA policy SOLELY becuase it's about $1800/year cheaper. But USAA are a bunch of sheister scumbags. The multiple class action lawsuits agree with me. I was willing to pay the increased price just to not have to deal with them but my gf intervened on my behalf.

Anyway......Nationwide is a great company that I've never had a problem with. But grain of salt, personal experiences etc etc

#18 BigVic Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

BigVic
  • The Reptile Guy

• PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

A superior company that was charging me $603.00/year over Geico. I had USAA for 12-years prior, no tickets, points, or even a parking ticket. For the heck of it I reviewed my rates and found their "superior service" was overcharging me. They refused to compete with Geico's rates and in this business it's all about savings.

Python - I called Geico for the heck of it and asked them about policy cancelation based on specific cars. Short answer - they have "a list" of both high performance cars (GTR is in that category) and high value cars that usually concern the underwriters. The GTR has recently caught the attention of Geico and they are carefully "remembering" specific key words when speaking to owners. What the hell does that mean? Apparently when I initially applied for my policy I asked about "tracking the car - and if there was any coverage offered." They remembered that conversation, put it in their notes for future policy consideration. If you mentioned modifications to the car, the intent to modify, tracking or drag racing the car, or even adding specialized equipment the flags go up.

Next time - I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Vic

Edited by BigVic, 25 January 2013 - 04:40 PM.

'13 Ford F-350 Pearl White Lariat 4X4 (Daily)
'09 Nissan GT-R Platinum - Black/Black

#19 ModFreaksGTR Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

ModFreaksGTR
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts
That's bullshit man. Typical insurance company. I'm so glad I have USAA.

Posted Image

2013 FBO E85 GT-R "El Diablo Blanco"

#20 ModFreaksGTR Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

ModFreaksGTR
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

View PostTheNewGuy, on 25 January 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

Uh, no. My gtr is insured thru my gf's USAA policy SOLELY becuase it's about $1800/year cheaper. But USAA are a bunch of sheister scumbags. The multiple class action lawsuits agree with me. I was willing to pay the increased price just to not have to deal with them but my gf intervened on my behalf.

Anyway......Nationwide is a great company that I've never had a problem with. But grain of salt, personal experiences etc etc

Your able to get USAA through your GF? That doesn't sound right, I am positive that you must be married to a service member or inherit USAA services from a family member, mother or father. I've never had a problem with them and they cover up to 5k in aftermarket parts per incident.

Posted Image

2013 FBO E85 GT-R "El Diablo Blanco"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users