• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 boostingwild Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

boostingwild
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 35 posts
I want to get a GTR in the 60k range which has me finding mostly 2009 and some 2010's.

I recently stumbled upon the following dealer in Louisiana and his GTR's seemed to be priced very low! Anyone got any info on these cars?

http://grandprixmoto...s/inventory.php

I would have to fly from NY to go see them and dont want to waste my time if it seems like a scam or not legit. I spoke with guy and he said the cars are real and at the dealer but none of the pics at the dealer of any cars are in the same place. They are by lakes, train tracks, etc...

Oh and what does MY mean and what are you guys refering to when you write that?

#2 achenator Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

achenator
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
MY means model year.  I live not too far from there and that doesn't look legit. I highly doubt anybody on David Dr. has all those cars.  Prices seem wayyyy too low.

#3 achenator Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

achenator
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
Also if you look, all the stock numbers of all the cars are the same.

#4 boostingwild Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

boostingwild
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 35 posts

View Postachenator, on 11 April 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

MY means model year.  I live not too far from there and that doesn't look legit. I highly doubt anybody on David Dr. has all those cars.  Prices seem wayyyy too low.

thats what im saying. TOOO LOW! im like WHOA!. if ur not that far go look at them for me and when i come to pick it up ill take you out for steak and beers!

#5 FullBoostZilla Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

FullBoostZilla
  • Members
  • Godzilla Lives

• PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
Car Looks legit to me because thats how much I got my Premium for (56k). Mine just had 10k miles less. Id suggest you go to check if thay places exist or may you might just lose a good deal. Hopefully they got the car.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using GT-R Life mobile app

Edited by miami09gtr, 11 April 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#6 ERR0RMACR0 Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

ERR0RMACR0
  • e85 member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts
Doesn't look legit, but if someone lives close by we could find out!

2013 GT-R (Jet Black)
Quickest and Fastest Showroom Stock GT-R: 10.79 @ 126.80mph

FBO except factory catback on e85 full weight
10.19 @ 134.73mph

Current Setup
9.75 @ 146.87mph

#7 achenator Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

achenator
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
I live about 40 miles from there and i'm 99% sure that is not legit.  The porsche dealer here doesn't even have that many nice cars , turbo's etc. for sale

#8 boostingwild Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

boostingwild
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 35 posts

View Postmiami09gtr, on 11 April 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Car Looks legit to me because thats how much I got my Premium for (56k). Mine just had 10k miles less. Id suggest you go to check if thay places exist or may you might just lose a good deal. Hopefully they got the car.

i called guy, even googled mapped place. But i am reluctant to fly from NY there and find an empty lot. The pricing doesnt seem right, the Black 2010 has less miles and is priced lower than the White 2010 with higher miles.

#9 boostingwild Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

boostingwild
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 35 posts

View Postachenator, on 11 April 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

I live about 40 miles from there and i'm 99% sure that is not legit.  The porsche dealer here doesn't even have that many nice cars , turbo's etc. for sale

anyway you can find out? do you have number for porsche dealer? maybe i can call them to see if this is real or not. Guy at the dealer ship says the cars are there and i can come down and look at them!

#10 achenator Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

achenator
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

View Postboostingwild, on 11 April 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

anyway you can find out? do you have number for porsche dealer? maybe i can call them to see if this is real or not. Guy at the dealer ship says the cars are there and i can come down and look at them!
I can find out but it may take a couple days.

#11 FullBoostZilla Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

FullBoostZilla
  • Members
  • Godzilla Lives

• PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

View Postachenator, on 11 April 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

Maybe the black one was in a small accident thats why the pricing is lower. If the place exist and the cars are there you will have a good deal. Good luck!

#12 STIITS Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

STIITS
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 475 posts
You have PM

#13 boostingwild Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

boostingwild
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 35 posts

View Postachenator, on 11 April 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

find out. im curious although all evidence points to it being a waste of time. Thanks in advance if you take time out to investigate

#14 achenator Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

achenator
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

View Postboostingwild, on 11 April 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

find out. im curious although all evidence points to it being a waste of time. Thanks in advance if you take time out to investigate
Yeah I know NOLA pretty well and nobody has that kind of inventory around here.

#15 FullBoostZilla Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

FullBoostZilla
  • Members
  • Godzilla Lives

• PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
Call the place back and ask them to take photos of the cars with the name of the dealership and date. Only way you can confirm for now.

#16 boostingwild Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

boostingwild
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 35 posts

View Postmiami09gtr, on 11 April 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Call the place back and ask them to take photos of the cars with the name of the dealership and date. Only way you can confirm for now.

maybe ill ask him to do this tomorrow. if he does ill post pics here!

#17 Craig Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Craig
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
Certainly some red flags:
  • Domain name was just registered on April 6, 2013
  • Registered to a Claude Hoot, in MI, but the phone number in the registration is a VoIP number from Shreveport, LA
  • The lot in the picture has a bunch of $2-5K beater cars, with very few above $10K. Unlikely that they have a fleet of high end luxury cars somewhere else
  • Pictures of the luxury cars are not in a consistent location, and none of the pics look to be at that location
  • Bottom of the web site page says "© 2012 Global Motors". There was a scam site operating under "Global Motors" a while back (wonder if they're just lazy, reused the old web site and forgot to change a few links here and there)
  • The name of the business at that address is "New Orleans Wholesale" - 504-301-3767

So I'd phone the 504-301-3767 number and say you're looking for Grannd Prix Motors. I'm betting they won't know what you're talking about. Or if you to see how good the guy's stich is, then say that you're heading down with cash in hand, and if he says something about the GT-R isn't "on site", then ask about the other GT-Rs he had listed, and if none are available say you were also interested in the R8 or the Porsche Turbo. Then offer to meet him wherever the cars are. If he can't produce one car, then its a scam..

#18 FullBoostZilla Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

FullBoostZilla
  • Members
  • Godzilla Lives

• PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

View PostCraig, on 11 April 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Certainly some red flags:
  • Domain name was just registered on April 6, 2013
  • Registered to a Claude Hoot, in MI, but the phone number in the registration is a VoIP number from Shreveport, LA
  • The lot in the picture has a bunch of $2-5K beater cars, with very few above $10K. Unlikely that they have a fleet of high end luxury cars somewhere else
  • Pictures of the luxury cars are not in a consistent location, and none of the pics look to be at that location
  • Bottom of the web site page says "© 2012 Global Motors". There was a scam site operating under "Global Motors" a while back (wonder if they're just lazy, reused the old web site and forgot to change a few links here and there)
  • The name of the business at that address is "New Orleans Wholesale" - 504-301-3767
So I'd phone the 504-301-3767 number and say you're looking for Grannd Prix Motors. I'm betting they won't know what you're talking about. Or if you to see how good the guy's stich is, then say that you're heading down with cash in hand, and if he says something about the GT-R isn't "on site", then ask about the other GT-Rs he had listed, and if none are available say you were also interested in the R8 or the Porsche Turbo. Then offer to meet him wherever the cars are. If he can't produce one car, then its a scam..

Nice find Craig

#19 VEGASGTR Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

VEGASGTR
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,272 posts
one  word : SCAM

current: 2014 Z51 A&A supercharged 608whp on 91.

past:
2009 GTR 9.5@150 4.38 60-130
2006 S/C Z06
2002 Twin Turbo Z06

#20 B Feelgood Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

B Feelgood
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 356 posts
Fake as the day is long.  Your first clue should have been that all the pictures of the "inventory" were taken in different locations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users