Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Which is the BEST radar detector ?

15K views 170 replies 50 participants last post by  Ilonggo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
As the title states

I am looking for opinions on the BEST radar detector on the market at the moment

Also interested in having jammers - but the ones which give you enough time to brake and then allow the cop to detect the speed

I am looking for a stealth - undetectable system

Any suggestions as I have been told of a few but would love to hear what you guys use and your opinions so I can make the right decision

Thanks in advance

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
LOL - that is not the reason why I got pulled over and towed off the highway :( ... it was my plate !! LOL

I need this radar so I can get down to London from Woodbridge faster then my best time of 1 hour and 33 minutes(paranoid sprinting and cruising)

#12 ·
Idk man, the V1 has saved my ass plenty of times. Only thing that worries me is lazer but I haven't seen police around here use it. Overall I highly recommend the V1, only annoying thing is that it is very sensitive and sometimes picks up signals from certain Audi's and Mercedes. Also has an add on for stealth install.

#17 ·
Also one last thing. Buy a unit that can be updated. Trust me the cops can change frequencies... you should be able to as well, otherwise you have a box with blinking lights. And lastly.. buying a top unit today doesn't mean your set for life. Its like a computer.. sometimes you just have to throw it away and get a new one. Cops have lots of money to try and write tickets... you have to spend money to defend yourself.

If you speed they are worth every penny and you wont regret it. If you don't speed they are a waste..

#21 ·
I'll be more than happy to spend 1k on a laser jammer. I wouldnt spend a dollar on a detector even if it's "the best in the world". By the time your detector goes off he already clocked you in. That's when the jammer comes to play.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using GT-R Life mobile app
Your right

I am looking for a laser jammer and a detector as I am at the point where I can not take any chances getting caught speeding

#26 ·
From what I understand they get error codes all the time. Once you jam, then you can slow down and turn off the jammer or have it last to turn off after a certain period so they get a read of you obeying the law.

#27 ·
No question laser jammers work. I use this one in conjunction with my V1.

http://www.laser-interceptorusa.com/673.html

I have these units on all of my cars. The numbers of times that this unit has saved me is literally too numerous to count. Car and Driver had a nice article about jammers in the past.

2010 Nissan GT-R
Greddy Turbo kit, and a lot more modifications... LOL

Tuner: Kaizen Tuning

#28 ·
This and the Blinder unit are pretty popular with other car boards. I first got a Blinder unit years ago during an Audi group buy.

2010 Nissan GT-R

#35 ·
Bel Stir + and Hp-905 triple is my set up. Both installed and out of the way. I routinely hit crazy speeds and really don't worry about it too much. Customizable bands on the Bel make it very speedy and the HP 905 is fantastic.

#37 ·
V1 because it shows you direction on where the signal is coming from. It saved me countless times and highway patrol hates it because of it's early warning capabilities.

#38 ·
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

My vote would be for the V1 or I think it's the passport 9500 w/ gps. Heard great things about the passport but personally own a v1. Like everyone else said it has saved me a few times from major tickets, however a little sensitive in urban areas. I also have to disconnect it while driving around NYC. Plus the addition of the hide away unit is a big plus.[/background]

#40 ·
I am definitely going to review all of the options above ..

I am leaning towards the 9500 with laser - I just want to be sure that it will be the best one on the market

#41 ·
Great! I don't think you can go wrong with any if the top level radar detectors or active jammers out there. Good luck!

2010 Nissan GT-R

#43 ·
The V1 is crap. It is not upgradable. Fact. It's very limiting is the frequencies it can scan. Wealthy cities near DFW already are using high band Ka which the V1 can't even detect. I'm sure there are other cities that use it as well. Who cares about light baubles and arrows if it won't even go off?

I posted real world test reviews of both radar detectors and laser jammers.

#46 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.