Nissan GT-R Forum banner

The Netherlands any owners?

9K views 45 replies 12 participants last post by  Dude66 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just bought a US GTR and was just interested to know if there are any Dutch people here?

I'm planning some mods and might need some help, like:
- Built the front/back camera & navigation. I've seen some shops offering it for 1500,-
- Y-pipe installation, probably by TCC
- Zeely light kit

#3 ·
I was in Holland a few times this summer and shipped my GTR back through rotterdam

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Grille

Attachments

#4 ·
I'm not dutch but I am a GT-R owner who lives in Belgium. Look up Enshiu and Boooh as both of them live in the netherlands. Boooh has a 900hp GT-R and Enshiu has a bolt on GT-R.

#11 ·
I go to the Nurburgring or SPA. With the power my car is making now I don't go as frequently as I used to. If you guys are free this weekend we can meet somewhere like Antwerpen or Rotterdam, if the weather is good.

#14 ·
Hey guys,

Nice to see some 'Dutchies' around.
Looking to maybe buy a Gtr next year, can't afford a new one however, trying to find out which modelyear is best bang for the buck.
Since I'm from the Netherlands, importing one from Germany is I think the best bet. Most are better equiped and less expensive due to the income tax reduction.

#15 ·
Good luck with the "hunt" ;) ...

With equiped you mean already tuned or something else, not much taste in GT-R models, standard / premium / black edition that's about it, then special editions like V-Spec, Egoist, Track Pack, these last versions are much more expensive, also in Germany afaik ...

Ben

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

I've just bought a GT-R last week, so you can add one more to the statistics. Anyone keeping count? ;-)

The car is a totally stock MY2012, Track Pack. I haven't had much chance to drive it yet, but so far I love it, so no performance mods planned for now.

Quick question reg. theft insurance - it appears pretty much all insurers require a track&trace (class 4) system to be installed.
Personally, I'd rather not splice in some security measure (that apparently can be jammed very easily) just to insure the car.
So I was wondering if maybe someone knows an insurer without that requirement (small chance i know) or alternatively can recommend a system/installer?

Also, I'm looking for a place to have the car serviced - does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome!

Having fun with your car shouldn't be a problem ;) ...

2012 TP should still have some dealer service on it, alternative for service is TCC ...

Insurance will demand TT I'm afraid, you can try Turien & Co maybe, they also support LoJack (Google) as an alternative for TT systems as far as I know, I have both in my GT-R, they claim a 90% recovery when stolen ...

Ben

PS There are 65 registered GT-R's in Holland afaik ...

#19 ·
Just wondering, what do you guys use to fill up?

It says RON-100 on the filler cap, and I'm currently using BP Ultimate (RON-98) which I thought was the highest available (in NL).
But, turns out there's also Gulf Challenger (RON-100) which I'll try next..

#20 ·
I'm from the states but work with a Dutch company. In Amsterdam area a few times a year.

This is a great place to ask questions and get solid answers.

Good luck

#26 ·
Hey guys,
I'm looking around for a second hand gtr, 2009/2010 model. Before spending loads of money I want to see how it is to drive on a daily base. I checked mobile.de and auto trader but there aren't many around my place Arnhem. I've already done some research and looked up model differences. I was wondering if there is someone near Arnhem that wouldn't mind if I came to visit for a coffee and a talk, possibly a drive along. The best persons to talk to about owning and maintenancing a gtr would be a gtr owner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.