57 replies to this topic

#1 BPAuto2

BPAuto2

NISMO Member

• Premier International Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

We have been discussing this group buy in the following thread since April 22nd, so for background information, please feel free to refer to the following link:
http://www.nagtroc.o...h...st&p=553639

As this marks the next stage, we felt it would be easier for everyone if we introduced a new thread on the group buy itself.

I'm excited to give you guys an update on the situation!! As mentioned on April 22nd, we have been preparing to offer a group-buy for NAGTROC members on all of Top Racing's GT-R parts line-up. We have been in discussion with Top Racing during this time, and we have their full support as an authorized dealer to offer this group buy introduction.

We have chosen to wait until this time to offer the group buy because we felt it would be in everyone's best interest for us to receive a sample of the product first. It is always our policy and intention to do adequate research and to test products (whenever possible) before we offer them to our clients for your protection.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, we are the first in the US to have one of these hoods in stock, and we are now prepared to continue on with the group buy that we announced on April 22nd.

Please note, because there have been various claims as to who is an authorized dealer for Top Racing, we encourage anyone that is interested in buying to contact Top Racing directly to verify authorized dealer status for your protection. We feel that it is important that anyone buying a valuable product for their GT-R should be protected, and have the assurance that their supplier has firsthand experience with the product and is an authorized dealer. We recognize and apologize for the fact that some of you have wanted us to start this group buy earlier, but we cannot in good conscience begin a large group buy for items that we, and no one in the US have seen firsthand to verify quality. (As you may be wondering, the photos display how we test-fitted the hood to Ben's GT-R. Obviously, as this hood requires hood pins, we did not do a full install, but panel gaps and overall fitment were excellent!)

Now that we have established the foundation for a safe and reliable group buy, I would like to present the most affordable pricing we have been able to arrange for you. Please note that this an introductory promotion only, and that future costs will be a considerable amount higher. We feel that because this is a new product, the concept of offering it for a great price is quite beneficial so that more members of the NAGTROC community can also get the same firsthand experience that we now have.
Please note all prices include all transportation duties and taxes to import to our Los Angeles warehouse (imported via ocean freight). Shipping from LA to you will be done at the most competitive rates, as we have multiple shipping accounts with multiple carriers and we always compare rates to get our customers the lowest rates possible.

As you may be aware, in our 10 year company history, our primary specialty is importation and distribution of high-end overseas-sourced products. Because of our knowledge and experience, you can have confidence that things will run as smoothly as possible.

I'm excited and optimistic that you will find these prices to be even better, perhaps, than you expected!!

GROUP BUY CLOSED

For anyone interested in expedited shipping and processing, please contact us for pricing as we have the ability to process the order immediately for air shipping (just as we have done with the hood above).

We are interested in the timeline you guys would like to complete the group buy and process the order. Just note that once the group buy concludes, we will never be offering these rates again. We would like to allow everyone the opportunity to join in, but we also recognize that people won't want to hold their orders too long while we wait for others. So we will be diligently listening to your suggestions as to when an adequate date for closing the group buy.

-The GT-RR Staff

Edited by BPAuto2, 15 July 2010 - 11:03 AM.

Posted Image

...[a Bespoke Venture]...t. 213.745.6954 | sales@gt-rr.com HKS PRO DEALER Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines, Varis... Add us on Facebook!

Please check out our exclusive price-match tool HERE that not only matches the competition, but gives you a 2% return just for using it.

#2 BPAuto2

BPAuto2

NISMO Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:11 PM

Forgot to mention that all the parts are produced in full dry carbon fiber.

In addition, here is the list with photos to all the Top Racing items on our site:
http://www.gt-rr.com...facturer_id=159

Posted Image

...[a Bespoke Venture]...t. 213.745.6954 | sales@gt-rr.com HKS PRO DEALER Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines, Varis... Add us on Facebook!

Please check out our exclusive price-match tool HERE that not only matches the competition, but gives you a 2% return just for using it.

#3 Kislik

Kislik

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:18 PM

you have the parts on stock in US ready to go?
2009 GT-R USDM
Cobb AP with GTC custom map
GTC Titan exhaust, Y-pipe and catback
AP rotors + Stillen brake lines
Carbotech X12 pads
BMC air filters
JRZ RS Pro Silent edition suspension
Stillen sway bars
Aeromotions R2.Two Wing
Toyo R888

#4 LuckyEff

LuckyEff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

sorry if i'm being rude, is it me or is the fitment way off?
Toyota Prado

Mercedes S 400
HYBRID

#5 BPAuto2

BPAuto2

NISMO Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

you have the parts on stock in US ready to go?

My goal is it to make it as clear as possible about lead times. To answer your question, we have received our first demo unit of the hood, and we have test fit it on our GT-R. The pricing mentioned in this thread is for pre-order on a group buy basis. The group buy pricing is calculated based on pre-order and ocean freight shipping to the US. However, if one were to be interested in getting the hood immediately, we do have our demo unit here that could be for sale at regular price (non-group buy pricing). If you are interested, please contact me.

sorry if i'm being rude, is it me or is the fitment way off?

The fitment may look off because the hood is not fully latched down. We wanted to test fit the hood for panel gaps, not completely attach it, so we didn't go as far as drilling holes in the hood for Aerocatches or conventional hood pins.

However, rest assured that the panel gaps around the front and sides of the Top Racing hood are the same as the OEM hood on our GT-R.

-Kristoffer

Edited by BPAuto2, 21 May 2010 - 03:04 PM.

Posted Image

#6 rgo808

rgo808

R34 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

Now these are group buy prices!!! Nice work guys!

#7 BPAuto2

BPAuto2

NISMO Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

I also forgot to mention to everybody that the official weight of the hood is 14lbs.

-Kristoffer

Posted Image

#8 CatfishHunter

CatfishHunter

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

I also forgot to mention to everybody that the official weight of the hood is 14lbs.

-Kristoffer

how heavy is the stock hood?

#9 BPAuto2

BPAuto2

NISMO Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:31 PM

how heavy is the stock hood?

It's roughly 27lbs.

-Kristoffer

Posted Image

#10 REK125

REK125

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

It now looks like Mel Gibson's car in "The Road Warrior." I hope the functionality justifies the looks. Imo, "Ugh."

#11 Ev0H8t3r

Ev0H8t3r

GOTZIRA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

pics of Rear Under Spoiler: $1195.00 please....thanks!

#12 ShahulX

ShahulX

Who Dat !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:46 AM

It now looks like Mel Gibson's car in "The Road Warrior." I hope the functionality justifies the looks. Imo, "Ugh."

weight savings plus much more cooling but I think you'd increase drag... Alot... At least the front bumper.... I'd consider the front bumper but it's outta my budget for now...

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#13 David_Yu

David_Yu

R34 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:58 AM

Not knocking the product, but I wonder why TR decided they didn't need the scoops and funnels that force cold air down onto the turbos?

Every other aftermarket hood retains that feature.
Posted ImageShare your ownership experience on www.auto-journals.com ! Easy to use, great to read: Real Life with Cars

#14 STI2EVO2GTR

STI2EVO2GTR

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:10 AM

The fitment may look off because the hood is not fully latched down. We wanted to test fit the hood for panel gaps, not completely attach it, so we didn't go as far as drilling holes in the hood for Aerocatches or conventional hood pins.

However, rest assured that the panel gaps around the front and sides of the Top Racing hood are the same as the OEM hood on our GT-R.

-Kristoffer

Well then let's see it

#15 Jason@BoulderNissan

Jason@BoulderNissan

SpecV Member

• Dealers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:05 AM

Not knocking the product, but I wonder why TR decided they didn't need the scoops and funnels that force cold air down onto the turbos?

Every other aftermarket hood retains that feature.

If you look closely at the under hood pic it looks like the center scoop on the hood has two snorkels that feed fresh air down towards the turbos.

#16 yano

yano

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

If you look closely at the under hood pic it looks like the center scoop on the hood has two snorkels that feed fresh air down towards the turbos.

Jason

you need this hood and front fascia!!!!!
2009 Nissan GT-R
Black/Black
JRZs RS-Pro Silent
PFC Brakes
SSP tranny cooler
SSP oil cooler
Akuma Intake
Willall Fluids
Clear Bra, Tint
next mods Turbo DP MP exhaust 18 or 19" track wheels and tires

2006 Lexus GS 300
2008 Lexus RX 400
2011 Jeep Rubicon on it's way

#17 Jason@BoulderNissan

Jason@BoulderNissan

SpecV Member

• Dealers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

Jason

you need this hood and front fascia!!!!!

I definitely like the looks and function of this hood and bumper :newbie:

#18 BPAuto2

BPAuto2

NISMO Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

So I just wanted to update everybody with some hood information that I had previously forgotten to mention.

The Top Racing bonnet actually also includes optional covers for the middle set of ducts that I believe are meant to keep rain out while helping to still channel hot air out. Here are a couple photos of what the covers look like, and what they would look like if installed...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Kristoffer

Posted Image

#19 7racer

7racer

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

thats super nice!

When do you think you will have more pics of the rear and diffuser?

#20 Bernie (OOParts)

Bernie (OOParts)

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

Hmm... those extra panels seem kinda pointless to me. What about the other 20 ducts that aren't covered? Rain will still get through those, right?

Another silly question, but are the stock hood latches retained at all or are they completely done away with when you use the flush mount pins? The reason I ask is for security... can anyone just come up and open up your hood, unbolt a couple of bolts and walk away with your cf hood and all the nice bits under the hood or is there a locking mechanism? (Yes, you can tell that I've totally been scarred by my wheels being stolen!) :blah:
Bernie, OOParts International
1991 Nissan 300ZXTT (Stage XII+ 630 hp)
2002 Subaru WRX (TXS Stage 3 ~300hp)
2008 Mercedes Benz AMG ML63 (stock 503hp... so far)
2009 Nissan GT-R (for the street: Cobb AP stage 1, for the track: stock 483hp)
Track times for GT-R in stock configuration with Bridgestone tires: Homestead- club configuration: 1:41.7, Palm Beach International Raceway - 1:29.7

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users