GT-R Life Premier Sponsors
GT-R Life Int'l Sponsors
Tweets by @GTRLife
2018 Nissan GTR GT3 on sale to Privateer Racers for $550K
Nissan Motorsport International Co., Ltd. (NISMO) is releasing its 2018 model of the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3, which is based on the Nissan GT-R (R35) NISMO and conforms to FIA GT3 regulations. (Build-to-order / delivery to begin from around January 2019)
NISMO launched the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 in 2012 and has been supplying it to customers around the world including in Japan, Europe, America, China, and Australia.
The car accumulated several achievements including taking the championship titles in the SUPER GT GT300 class and the Blancpain Endurance Series (currently the Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup), along with overall victory in the Bathurst 12 Hour (Australia) in 2015.
The 2018 model that is set for release reflects significant advances made on the base vehicle Nissan GT-R(R35) NISMO, and the lessons learned from accumulated actual race data since the 2015 model was released.
NISMO aimed to create a vehicle that took advantage of all of the GT-R's strengths and was capable of running with stability and speed at any circuit and on any brand of tire.
Specifically, weight distribution has been optimized and the center of gravity lowered by mounting the engine 150mm further back and lower than in the 2015 model. At the same time, the front and rear suspension, along with the cross member have been newly designed to improve the vehicle dynamics.
In addition to vigorous tests carried out in Japan and overseas since April of last year, participation in several series, in cooperation with NISMO's official partner teams this season, has seen the car run a total of approximately 30,000km.
This new vehicle has enhanced competitiveness through improvements in its fundamental performance, at the same time, the new model is easy to handle for both professional and gentleman drivers, and offers significant reliability.
Development features of the 2018 model
- Lowered center of gravity and optimized weight distribution through a revision of the vehicle package
- Improved dynamics through newly designed suspension
- Optimized balance between stable downforce characteristics and drag
- Front and rear rigidity (flexural, torsional) improvements and enhanced linearity by utilizing advanced analysis technology
- Dry sump system implementation for lowered center of gravity and lubrication reliability
- Extended maintenance cycle through a newly designed transmission
- Strengthened brakes with increased durability and reliability
- An exclusively designed air conditioning system to reduce driver stress and ensure comfort during endurances races, etc. available as an option
Length: 4,832mm Width: 2,036mm Wheelbase: 2,817mm Track front: 1,690mm Track rear: 1,700mm Weight: 1,285kg *1 Engine Model: VR38DETT Displacement: 3,799cc Maximum Power: Over 405kw/6,500rpm（Over 550ps/6,500rpm) *1 Maximum Torque: Over 637Nm/5,000rpm（Over 65.0kgf・m/5,000rpm) *1 Drive System: 2WD (FR) Clutch: Metal. 5.5inch 4-plate Transmission: 6-speed Sequential Blake Front: 6-piston caliper / Ventilated Steel Disc Brake amd pad Brake Rear: 4-piston caliper / Ventilated Steel Disc Brake amd pad Suspention Front: Independent Suspention Double Wishbone Suspention Rear: Independent Suspention Double Wishbone Tyre Front: 330/710-18 Tyre Rear: 330/710-18 Wheel Front: 13.0J~18 Wheel Rear: 13.0J�~18