Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edmunds

Posted Image

Nissan promised from the very start that it would continuously improve the GT-R rather than wait for the traditional model refresh cycle. Up to this point, the improvements have been geared toward keeping the super coupe from self-destructing.

In this case, however, the GT-R appears to be getting some actual upgrades. That front air dam has been reworked a little and the rear diffuser has a new shape as well. There were both standard and Spec V GT-Rs at the track, so assume these are across the board changes.

Posted Image

Source = Edmunds Inside Line
LINK = http://blogs.insidel...t-the-ring.html
click on the pics in the link above for higher res

Autoblog:
Posted Image
edit#2- Autoblog Gallery: http://www.autoblog....-gt-r-facelift/
Autoblog Post: http://www.autoblog....11-nissan-gt-r/

#2 PhantomTEG

PhantomTEG

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

Looks to me like the fake ducting up front might actually go somewhere
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. - Col. Jessep - A Few Good Men
Posted ImagePosted ImageMy Old Love

"Progression of GTR is progression of mankind itself"

#3 zebekias

zebekias

R35

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:00 PM

Don't like the looks of the rear diffuser.
2014 Red/Amber Red, stock

#4 Davin

Davin

SpecV Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:05 PM

autoblog gallery added

#5 'Q

'Q

Spec Mi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4308 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

Looks like double canards is coming.

Facebook Admin/Content Creator:
Facebook.com/MEGTROC

Formerly known as member GT3240x2

#6 Davin

Davin

SpecV Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:11 PM

click for direct link to front close up

click for direct link to rear close up

also you can see the sides next to the exhausts are covered. not sure what's going on below the license plate but either way, im assuming those features are aesthetics if theyre going to be covered during testing... unless of course, theyre doing before/after tests.

#7 Davin

Davin

SpecV Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

is this the current factory ride height?

#8 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25976 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

the car with the OEM near black wheels is the specV and it has the lip with the vents... but is their tape over the non specV lip where vents should be? that lip on the base GTR is new it has a sharp edge to it all the way across.... and i do see tape but it doesnt look like there is enough of it that would cover up the whole vent area so maybe both cars get a refreshed lip just no vents for the non specv?

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#9 BPAuto2

BPAuto2

NISMO Member

• Premier International Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5236 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

The rear "diffuser" looks kind of out of place.

-Kristoffer

GT-RR-Forum-Signature.jpg

...[a Bespoke Venture]...t. 213.745.6954 | [email protected] HKS PRO DEALER Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines, Varis... Add us on Facebook!

Please check out our exclusive price-match tool HERE that not only matches the competition, but gives you a 2% return just for using it.

#10 ShahulX

ShahulX

Who Dat !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7797 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

im indifferent...looks about the same i guess...nothing crazy

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#11 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25976 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

click for direct link to front close up

click for direct link to rear close up

also you can see the sides next to the exhausts are covered. not sure what's going on below the license plate but either way, im assuming those features are aesthetics if theyre going to be covered during testing... unless of course, theyre doing before/after tests.

yeah the side skirts have air vents in them the design of the vent looks to complement the side GTR badge area with the 3 lines going backwards

also on further inspection the front grill is totally differnet aswell... didnt catch it at first glance

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#12 Davin

Davin

SpecV Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

the car with the OEM near black wheels is the specV and it has the lip with the vents... but is their tape over the non specV lip where vents should be? that lip on the base GTR is new it has a sharp edge to it all the way across.... and i do see tape but it doesnt look like there is enough of it that would cover up the whole vent area so maybe both cars get a refreshed lip just no vents for the non specv?

yea the other one is assumed to be a specv

and yea it looks like the lip on the normal gtr is covered..

#13 PhantomTEG

PhantomTEG

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

Has anyone else noticed that on both the Spec V and Standard cars appear to have a black or CF spoiler?
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. - Col. Jessep - A Few Good Men
Posted ImagePosted ImageMy Old Love

"Progression of GTR is progression of mankind itself"

#14 jaspergtr

jaspergtr

NISMO Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7392 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

Looks I might be getting a bumper mod...

#15 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25976 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

one thing im not sure of is that new edge that runs from the oil cooler vent across the grill area where the license plate is.... didnt notice it at first now its the first thing my eyes are drawn too

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#16 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25976 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

Looks to me like the fake ducting up front might actually go somewhere

in the higer res pic it almost still looks like thre is something the passenger side( our driver) still has a soild back to it? i cant tell for sure

Posted Image

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#17 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8609 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

Interesting indeed..........
Redemption 2.0 Tuned by Ben Linney = Smooth as Fawk!!
Switzer 90mmSS Exhaust = Loud as Fawk!!

#18 Yellow Stealth

Yellow Stealth

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:50 PM

I personally don't like the changes to the front grill or the rear diffuser.

In case you didn't notice, the shape of the upper front grill (the one with the GT-R logo in it) has changed to now follow the shape of the bumper opening. Our old grill curves in the opposite slope from the bumper opening.
This makes the new grill much more common looking (from a design point of view) and also makes it appear short and wide, especially in this picture:

Posted Image

I also don't like the plain straight up and down look of the side of the front lower lip. Our old one has a rising slope design. The new one looks like there is not design on the side. Just hard edged.

On a positive note, I am sure I will like the double canard in the front bumper as well as the lower lip air ducts (if they are standard) as well as the openings on the side of the rear lower diffuser (you can see they are taped over in the close up picture).

Edited by Yellow Stealth, 21 June 2010 - 01:52 PM.

[09 GT-R]- Gun Metallic / Black Premium - front clear corners, Harman Motive Y-pipe.
[03 350Z Touring] - Veilside V1 front lip, Motordyne 5/16" spacer, JWT Pop-charger, Courtesy Z badges, Zignalz, 07 headlights, AUT Eyelids, AZA Z1 Wheels: 18x8.5, 18x9.5.
[94 Stealth Twin Turbo] SOLD - Pearl Yellow - H&R springs, K&N cone filter, Greddy Profec-B2 boost controller, Greddy Full Auto Turbo Timer, HKS Turbo exhaust, Denso fuel pump, GT-Pro fuel rail upgrade, DN Y-pipe, Magnacore KV85 wire set and Greddy Type-S BOV, Saner rear sway bar, 3sx steel brake lines.

#19 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25976 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

yeah looking at the rear openings closer i guess these are for heat escape....these do sort of match the side GTR fender badges styling wise

Attached Images

• kkkkkk.jpg

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#20 Bullo

Bullo

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:10 PM

Looks like it has ducts on the front bumper cover. I've always wondered when Nissan would add those on the GTR. It desperately needs em.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users