#1 bonzelite

bonzelite

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

Awesome.

This is what I have been waiting for; a factory chassis R35 for 24hr endurance racing. This will lead them to Nur 24hrs, more than likely.

This is the event to watch. I will imagine this will be done extensively, in JDM events, to hone and condition the R35 chassis for 24hr racing. And when this is perfected, they will take it to the high-profile Nurburgring.

#2 RedBeauty84ZX

RedBeauty84ZX

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1334 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

Awesome.

This is what I have been waiting for; a factory chassis R35 for 24hr endurance racing. This will lead them to Nur 24hrs, more than likely.

This is the event to watch. I will imagine this will be done extensively, in JDM events, to hone and condition the R35 chassis for 24hr racing. And when this is perfected, they will take it to the high-profile Nurburgring.

2nd. This race is likely a test bed for the GTR chassis/powertrain to see how it holds up in an endurance setting. If it goes well, expect to see the GTR competing in bigger international racing sereis...(crossing fingers for american le mans).

#3 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2318 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:01 PM

Tokachi 24hr Race Car - Preperation

Posted Image

http://www.gtrblog.c...-race-ca?blog=4
Posted Image
GTRBlog.com - Your Source for R35 GT-R News

#4 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25831 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:10 PM

yup just checked your blog and saw this. i wonder if that pic means they will be using different skirts and bumpers.

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#5 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2318 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:11 PM

Yeah I'd say so. Maybe something akin to what they did for the Fairlady Z 380RS. I saw one of those last time I was at Omori very nice cars just overpriced compared to the GT-R.
Posted Image

#6 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25831 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:21 PM

oh you saw the $200K 380RS-C ? yeah i always thought NISMO would have something to display by atleast next january at the TAS but i hope this is a little preview. (im a HUGE NISMO fan so im eagerly waiting to see the result of this)

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#7 Neoseven

Neoseven

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:27 PM

Often, I question my plans for this car, well this or the second one I want to buy. Should it be raced? Is it durable enough? Although I have always thought the answers to these questions were of course YES. These lame warranty exclusions for almost any reason on the VVVIP cars made me start to second guess.

Then, I see Nismo gutting a car ready for an endurance race and realize, yes, absolutely. If your budget permits a voided warranty, this car begs to be raced.

Can't wait to see the results.

Thanks for the great pictures sewid.

Edited by neoseven, 30 June 2008 - 09:31 PM.

#8 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2318 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

oh you saw the $200K 380RS-C ? yeah i always thought NISMO would have something to display by atleast next january at the TAS but i hope this is a little preview. (im a HUGE NISMO fan so im eagerly waiting to see the result of this)

I only saw the 380RS - the 9,000,000 yen one. I just never saw one in the flesh until Omori. I think Nismo is going to come out with some decent stuff. After the dismanting of their light tune products dept they can only make serious parts pretty much now.
Posted Image

#9 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25831 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

id be happy with atleast an exhaust from them available for the worldwide market. some new design 20" LMgt's would be on my wish list too.

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#10 Glenn

Glenn

R32 Member

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

Posted Image

Notice the aluminum duct on the driver's side that is not on the stock car. Look at the hose going to that duct for brake ducting. Sort of see the same hose behind the stock oil cooler duct.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Turbo Power:
91 300ZXTT, JWT Sport 700 Turbos, JWT Cams, MS Manifolds, SZ downpipes, 581 RWHP @ 22PSI
92 300ZXTT, Nearly completely stock, 24K miles
93 300ZXTT, slicktop track car
90 240SX Coupe, undergoing LS3 E-Rod CARB legal swap
09 GT-R Premium, Dark Metallic Gray, Black Interior, Custom License Plate - VR38GTR
11 G37 Sedan daily driver

#11 Arch5

Arch5

NAGTROC design team

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2827 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:41 PM

Just saw this at GTROC under thier news section.

30/06/2008 - Nismo To Enter Nissan GT-R For Tokachi 24-Hour Race

NISSAN MOTORSPORTS INTERNATIONAL Ltd. (NISMO) announced today the entry of the NISSAN GT-R racecar into the 15th Tokachi 24-hour race, to be held fromJuly 20th to 21st in Hokkaido.

The Round 4 of the Super Taikyu Race Series - a grueling 24-hours race - is set to push the limits of the Nissan GT-R supercar while serving as aperfect testing ground for the performance and durability of the newly-developed NISMO tuning parts and competition motor oil jointly developed
with MOTUL.

Team Director Taro Kumagai said, "This is the first NISSAN GT-R to race with standard road-car specifications and will be subject to extremepressure to perform in a 24-hour race. Our target is to complete the racedistance, testing the performance and reliability of the car’s endurance.True to its grand touring heritage, we believe many GT-R fans will have great confidence and high expectations of the car’s endurance performance.

”The GT-R specific NISMO tuning parts used in the race will be available asaccessory options to GT-R customers this summer.

* The racecar belongs to the FIA-Group N/A or JAF-N1/N2 for engines over 3001cc, and is categorised in the “IP (International Production) -4”class, that comply with the race regulations for the “Tokachi 24-hourspecial class” or the “24h special” for the Dubai 24-hour race.

Team:

Entrant: NISMO

Entry Name: MOTUL NISMO Racing Team
Vehicle Name: MOTUL NISMO GT-R
Team Director: Taro KUMAGAI

Drivers: Masami KAGEYAMA, Tetsuya TANAKA, and KazukiHOSHINO
Car Specification:
Base Vehicle: NISSAN GT-R (R35)

Engine: VR38DETT

Displacement: 3799 cc

Max. Power: over 480ps/6400 rpm

Max. Torque: over 60kgfm/3200-5200 rpm

Weight: over 1600 kg
Tyres: Bridgestone Racing POTENZA

http://www.gtr.co.uk/news.html

Edited by Arch5, 30 June 2008 - 10:43 PM.

#12 Arch5

Arch5

NAGTROC design team

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2827 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:51 PM

Nevermind. :)

http://www.nagtroc.o...showtopic=23228

#13 Arch5

Arch5

NAGTROC design team

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2827 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

Looks like the deck lid and side mirrors may be CF too.

Edited by Arch5, 30 June 2008 - 10:55 PM.

#14 Justice

Justice

Sobchak Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3531 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:07 AM

Is that a Vspec?

It has the same wheels.
14 Premium White/Red 2100 miles (for sale)
14 Premium Gray/Red 4700 miles (for sale)

#15 driftwithme

driftwithme

Bbq Anyone?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:23 AM

That gtr looks stripped out! Wonder how much the weight savings are.

Nissan said the GT-R-specific Nismo tuning parts used in the race will be available as accessory options this summer.

That means really soon. Wonder what they have in mind.... from the looks of it my guess is

1. Carbon parts

2. Wheels

3. Exhaust

4. Ecu (I HOPE)
09 gcc spec gtr fully built jun longblock,Sp Modified greddy td06 + intercooler
fully built tranny from sheptrans, gtc 102mm exhaust, AMS carbon seats and fuel system
1070whp dynojet

#16 bonzelite

bonzelite

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

Is that a Vspec?

It has the same wheels.

It may very well be.

#17 2high2aim

2high2aim

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

wow I am really excited. Love the car I just wish they could do something about the gas prices...lol. LOVE THE GTR and wow that striped down one looks off the hook and I think they will do a lot of upgrades i think it will be better to wait for the perfect GTR to come out I think I will wait till like Dec to order one or just wait another year as I see after the V Spec is released I believe the price of the GTR will drop as the V Spec gets all the attention.

#18 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2318 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:58 AM

More photos and details today. This car is not particularly modded at all apart from some weight saving of course. It is showing off some interesting bits though:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

http://www.gtrblog.c...-gt-r-bu?blog=4
Posted Image

#19 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25831 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:34 AM

nice! im really looking foward to the final product. weve seen that CF MFD surround before!!!

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#20 Glenn

Glenn

R32 Member

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:57 AM

Just noticed the cooler in the rear for either the rear diff or transaxle. Similar to what is on the Zele Harrison GT-R. I tried to point it out in the attached pic.

nismo_35_007_w_cooler.jpg
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Turbo Power:
91 300ZXTT, JWT Sport 700 Turbos, JWT Cams, MS Manifolds, SZ downpipes, 581 RWHP @ 22PSI
92 300ZXTT, Nearly completely stock, 24K miles
93 300ZXTT, slicktop track car
90 240SX Coupe, undergoing LS3 E-Rod CARB legal swap
09 GT-R Premium, Dark Metallic Gray, Black Interior, Custom License Plate - VR38GTR
11 G37 Sedan daily driver

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users