Photo
- - - - -

No airbag with new race seats? No problem.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 bubbletea

bubbletea

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1658 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

So for those that were contemplating about getting into a better seats that those from the factory (which is anything really), there is a cure to having a possible SRS light pop up after running bucket seats.

And here it is: http://www.nengun.co...-air-bag-cancel

SRS.png

#2 GTR2013BB

GTR2013BB

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

:( only if I knew about this a month ago. Decided to get OEM Amber seats in mine due to the airbag problems everyone seemed to have. Has anyone tried this??

#3 Barry

Barry

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:27 AM

Which one would be needed for driver and passenger seats?

#4 Sasha4

Sasha4

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1231 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

So for those that were contemplating about getting into a better seats that those from the factory (which is anything really), there is a cure to having a possible SRS light pop up after running bucket seats.

SRS.png

My FJ had a plug and play module that allowed the passenger seat to be switched on and off via a switch and eliminated the seat belt light when it didn't see the sensor. Im Interested to see if the guy who made them could adapt them to work with these cars. I ran 3.5 ohm squibs (soldered inline with the factory wire) and that turned off the airbag lights for the missing side bags.
2015 Nissan GTR- Gun Metal- Stock for now...
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS- Because it has 4 doors, can carry 4 people and is really fun to drive.
2010 BMW 135i Sport- Pro tuned Cobb- 404 Hp/ 444 Tq on heartbreaker

#5 Steve Theodore

Steve Theodore

GT-R pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

I hadn't seen these before, thanks!

Steve Theodore

2010 Porsche 911 GT3RS

- SharkWerks equipped

2008 Porsche 911 GT2
- Antigravity battery equipped
2012 Lexus IS-F

- Forgestar wheels

#6 kaliturbo

kaliturbo

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

Nice find!
Instagram: @kaliturbo

#7 7racer

7racer

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

I hadn't seen these before, thanks!

Steve, I think these can replace with just the 2.2ohm resistor for 2 dollars if that. The one item you need that I would pay money for is the passenger seat sensor. At 70 dollars not sure it's worth it. Someone already did a nice write up about defeating the airbag sensor.

#8 Steve Theodore

Steve Theodore

GT-R pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

Many thanks my friend! I doubt I'll have to deal with this anytime soon...but like to save this information in case I do need it. :)

Steve Theodore

2010 Porsche 911 GT3RS

- SharkWerks equipped

2008 Porsche 911 GT2
- Antigravity battery equipped
2012 Lexus IS-F

- Forgestar wheels

#9 R35 Dan

R35 Dan

R32 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:03 PM

The problem would be replacing the passenger seat with the pressure sensor. Still need something to defeat this.

R35 DBA (2014) - Current

Acura TSX 6Spd CU2 (2013) - Current

Wife #1 (2009-2014) - SOLD
R35 DBA (2013) - SOLD
Tundra Rock Warrior 4x4 (2013) - SOLD
TSX SE CU2 (2013) - SOLD
TSX CL9 (2006) - SOLD
Evo 10 GSR CZ4A (2008) - SOLD
Evo 9 MR #2 CT9A (2006) - SOLD
Evo 9 MR #1 CT9A (2006) - SOLD
300ZX 2+2 Z32 (1990) - SOLD
Integra Type R DC2 (1998) - SOLD
Integra Type R DC2 (1997) - SOLD
Integra DB1 (1992) - SOLD

#10 BPAuto2

BPAuto2

NISMO Member

• Premier International Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5236 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

SRS.png

:( only if I knew about this a month ago. Decided to get OEM Amber seats in mine due to the airbag problems everyone seemed to have. Has anyone tried this??

Works Bell has actually had something similar out for many years now. We've been selling them for the GT-R since 2009:

http://www.gtrlife.c...ermarket-seats/

They're considerably cheaper than those Endless-R ones you posted. (Last time I checked, less than $20)

GT-RR-Forum-Signature.jpg

...[a Bespoke Venture]...t. 213.745.6954 | [email protected] HKS PRO DEALER Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines, Varis... Add us on Facebook!

Please check out our exclusive price-match tool HERE that not only matches the competition, but gives you a 2% return just for using it.

#11 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2237 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:37 PM

SRS.png

Dang, those are pricey. Cheaper solutions are already detailed from my old DIY post and phlegmon's old threads:

http://www.gtrlife.c...d-profit-maybe/

I've been running my Cobra's now for two years and have had no issues with the airbag warning lights since the initial install.

2010 Black Obsidian TSM Pro Eight R35 GT-R

1999 Midnight Purple 2 R34 GT-R V-spec
1990 Gun Metal Gray Nismo R32 GT-R

2017 Black/Red Wilier Triestina GTR SL (it's a bicycle but it's a GTR so it counts!)

Want to read about one crazy gearhead and his three GT-Rs? Check out my blog at 23GT.net !

#12 bubbletea

bubbletea

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1658 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

This would be an easy plug and play versus rigging something together.

Edited by bubbletea, 05 January 2015 - 03:43 PM.

#13 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2237 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

This would be an easy plug and play versus rigging something together.

Phlegmon's resistor method may take some more doing - hardly much effort really if you've done any electrical work - but the Works Bell harnesses are super easy and hardly rigged together. You just insert them in the airbag connectors and tape them. Unless you're super anal about aesthetics (the connectors stay underneath the seat and are unseen anyway), or are deathly allergic to tape, it's hard to justify paying two to three times higher (maybe more once shipping is factored in) for an item that does the same job with no better results.

2017 Black/Red Wilier Triestina GTR SL (it's a bicycle but it's a GTR so it counts!)

Want to read about one crazy gearhead and his three GT-Rs? Check out my blog at 23GT.net !

#14 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2237 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

My FJ had a plug and play module that allowed the passenger seat to be switched on and off via a switch and eliminated the seat belt light when it didn't see the sensor. Im Interested to see if the guy who made them could adapt them to work with these cars. I ran 3.5 ohm squibs (soldered inline with the factory wire) and that turned off the airbag lights for the missing side bags.

Resistors also work for the GT-R side airbag connectors and that method has been discussed by phlegmon in another thread before. The item the OP posted as well as the Work's Bell harnesses that have been around for a long time are basically just pre-packaged resistors.

For the passenger frontal airbag however, the explanation given to me why a simple resistor doesn't work with removal of the occupancy sensor is because the sensor doesn't send a simple on/off signal. The sensor supposedly varies the signal based not just on the occupants weight but also on their position in the seat. Simply omitting the signal entirely or increasing impedance doesn't work to keep the airbag warning light off or the passenger airbag active so the only working solution found so far was finding a replacement occupancy sensor. Unfortunately that's the biggest hassle with seat replacements because the sensor itself is not available separately since it's not a replaceable part at the dealer level.

#15 THE TECH

THE TECH

Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:06 PM

I used the Works Bell on mine.
2013 DBA Pearl White:
Ecutek/Linney SD E85 Tune w/Nismo TCM == Ecutek/Visconti Flex Fuel Kit == Visconti Fuel Basket & Hardwire Kit == Dual 485 Pumps == JCR Carbon Intake Manifold == Linney GTC Billet Throttle Bodies == Walbro 485 Fuel Pumps == Overtake Saikou Exhaust == JCR Revozport Carbon Front Splitter == Top Racing GT1 Dry Carbon Hood == AMS Duckbill Carbon Trunk == Seibon Carbon Mirrors == Varis Fenders == Esprit Carbon Spoiler == Overtake Carbon Emblem == Knight Racer Carbon Rear Diffuser ==
Carbon Japan Door Handles == Carbon Japan Door Handle Surrounds == Mines Carbon Grille == Rowen LED Front Emblem == JCR Dry Carbon Paddles == Carbon Steering Wheel
Carbon Japan Shift Knob == Titek Carbon Shift Panel == Titek Carbon Radiator Panel == PasswordJDM Dry Carbon Brake/Battery Covers == Zele Carbon Sideskirts == Recaro Sportster CS Seats == Cusco Roll Cage == AMS/Alpha Coolant Tank == AMS/Alpha Carbon Intakes == AMS/Alpha Race Intercooler == Top Secret Titanium Intercooler Piping ==
HKS Spark Plugs == Optima Yellow Top == Rotiform LHR == Toyo R888R == 2015 Headlights & Taillights == Top Secret F1 Brake Light == Accuair/TWR Air Suspension
Whiteline Sway Bars == Carkitcompany (front camera, bypass, beep defeater, remote start) == R35 Audio == ZR1 Carbon Brakes == Endless W008 Pads == Goodridge SS Brake Lines
T1R AOS == Xpel Clear Bra

#16 Sasha4

Sasha4

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1231 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

Resistors also work for the GT-R side airbag connectors and that method has been discussed by phlegmon in another thread before. The item the OP posted as well as the Work's Bell harnesses that have been around for a long time are basically just pre-packaged resistors.

For the passenger frontal airbag however, the explanation given to me why a simple resistor doesn't work with removal of the occupancy sensor is because the sensor doesn't send a simple on/off signal. The sensor supposedly varies the signal based not just on the occupants weight but also on their position in the seat. Simply omitting the signal entirely or increasing impedance doesn't work to keep the airbag warning light off or the passenger airbag active so the only working solution found so far was finding a replacement occupancy sensor. Unfortunately that's the biggest hassle with seat replacements because the sensor itself is not available separately since it's not a replaceable part at the dealer level.

Since the sensor is basically and on/ off switch- could something like this be made to work by someone who knows the electrical system? I had one on my FJ and it worked easy. only had to find a place to put the on/ off switch

http://www.metaltech...g-resister.aspx
2015 Nissan GTR- Gun Metal- Stock for now...
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS- Because it has 4 doors, can carry 4 people and is really fun to drive.
2010 BMW 135i Sport- Pro tuned Cobb- 404 Hp/ 444 Tq on heartbreaker

#17 scarf

scarf

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:04 AM

I just received the passenger airbag delete from nengun. This does not plug into connector under the seat. Is there another plug under the bonnet? No instructions so a bit lost.

Sent from my SM-N915G using GT-R Life mobile app

Attached Thumbnails

• 1441371841931.jpg
  • 1441371863740.jpg

#18 THE TECH

THE TECH

Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:19 AM

Even if that plugged in, that wouldn't get rid of the problem for that passenger side. That only gets rid of the light. You also need the occupancy sensor in order to keep the airbag system intact.
2013 DBA Pearl White:
Ecutek/Linney SD E85 Tune w/Nismo TCM == Ecutek/Visconti Flex Fuel Kit == Visconti Fuel Basket & Hardwire Kit == Dual 485 Pumps == JCR Carbon Intake Manifold == Linney GTC Billet Throttle Bodies == Walbro 485 Fuel Pumps == Overtake Saikou Exhaust == JCR Revozport Carbon Front Splitter == Top Racing GT1 Dry Carbon Hood == AMS Duckbill Carbon Trunk == Seibon Carbon Mirrors == Varis Fenders == Esprit Carbon Spoiler == Overtake Carbon Emblem == Knight Racer Carbon Rear Diffuser ==
Carbon Japan Door Handles == Carbon Japan Door Handle Surrounds == Mines Carbon Grille == Rowen LED Front Emblem == JCR Dry Carbon Paddles == Carbon Steering Wheel
Carbon Japan Shift Knob == Titek Carbon Shift Panel == Titek Carbon Radiator Panel == PasswordJDM Dry Carbon Brake/Battery Covers == Zele Carbon Sideskirts == Recaro Sportster CS Seats == Cusco Roll Cage == AMS/Alpha Coolant Tank == AMS/Alpha Carbon Intakes == AMS/Alpha Race Intercooler == Top Secret Titanium Intercooler Piping ==
HKS Spark Plugs == Optima Yellow Top == Rotiform LHR == Toyo R888R == 2015 Headlights & Taillights == Top Secret F1 Brake Light == Accuair/TWR Air Suspension
Whiteline Sway Bars == Carkitcompany (front camera, bypass, beep defeater, remote start) == R35 Audio == ZR1 Carbon Brakes == Endless W008 Pads == Goodridge SS Brake Lines

#19 scarf

scarf

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:59 AM

For now I just want to get rid of the light.
Unfortunately have not been able to find an occupancy sensor.

Edited by scarf, 04 September 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#20 THE TECH

THE TECH

Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:00 AM

For now I just want to get rid of the light.
Unforubately have not been able to find an occupancy sensor.

You just need a used seat bottom from a compatible Nissan/Infiniti which can be found on ebay to use for the occupancy sensor. As far as what you got from Nengun, you should contact them about it.
2013 DBA Pearl White:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users