76 replies to this topic

#61 11S5V8

11S5V8

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

Soon to be owner in Cleveland.  does anyone drive their car year round?  Curious to know how difficult or easy it may be.  I drive my S5 year round with no issues...

#62 CBV_GTR

CBV_GTR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:40 AM

Hi guys, I have a Black 2014 Track Edition GT-R with FBO on E85/built transmission/Upgraded Wavetrac front differential - 600 AWHP and 600 lb*ft of AWTQ. I live in Lewis Center (Columbus area). I daily drive my GT-R and also track it (road racing and drag racing) at Mid-Ohio and Kil-Kare respectively. I would love to have a GT-R meetup/cruise somewhere in Ohio this Summer. Let's plan something out!  

Godzilla Wrangler #GT-RLove #Godzilla #2014GT-RTrackEdition

#63 CBV_GTR

CBV_GTR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:53 AM

Soon to be owner in Cleveland.  does anyone drive their car year round?  Curious to know how difficult or easy it may be.  I drive my S5 year round with no issues...

I daily drive my GT-R currently except for the winter and I also track it at Mid-Ohio (road racing) and Kil-Kare (drag racing). I drove my GT-R all year round and through the winter of 2017/2018 the first year I had it. I installed the Pirelli Winter Sottozero winter tires on it for winter driving. Even with the GT-R being AWD, winter tires installed, a heavy car, and driving conservatively in the "SAVE" or "SNOW" mode, it didn't do nearly as well in the winter as I thought it would. I mean it did ok, but you have to be very careful not to spool the turbos when driving in snow or ice otherwise the tires will break loose and you'll slide all over the place. I wouldn't recommend driving the GT-R in the winter if you can avoid it. If you absolutely must drive the GT-R through the winter get the Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires (these are the best winter tires available for the GT-R), load some concrete blocks in your trunk, and drive very conservatively and you'll be alright. I would also wash it very regularly if driving in the snow/ice because they put down salt and sand on the roads during the winter. 

My best advice is to just buy a 4X4 half ton truck and drive that through the winter instead. You can also use your truck to trailer your GT-R to the track to race in the summer; that's a win/win right there! :D Good luck! 

Godzilla Wrangler #GT-RLove #Godzilla #2014GT-RTrackEdition

#64 mc173

mc173

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:51 PM

Cincy area here and I daily drive my GT-R except when the roads are covered in snow and/or are salty.  I am down to do a meet up/cruise this summer in Ohio as well.  Lets do it!

Edited by mc173, 25 May 2019 - 07:43 PM.

2016 SS black edition

#65 11S5V8

11S5V8

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

I daily drive my GT-R currently except for the winter and I also track it at Mid-Ohio (road racing) and Kil-Kare (drag racing). I drove my GT-R all year round and through the winter of 2017/2018 the first year I had it. I installed the Pirelli Winter Sottozero winter tires on it for winter driving. Even with the GT-R being AWD, winter tires installed, a heavy car, and driving conservatively in the "SAVE" or "SNOW" mode, it didn't do nearly as well in the winter as I thought it would. I mean it did ok, but you have to be very careful not to spool the turbos when driving in snow or ice otherwise the tires will break loose and you'll slide all over the place. I wouldn't recommend driving the GT-R in the winter if you can avoid it. If you absolutely must drive the GT-R through the winter get the Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires (these are the best winter tires available for the GT-R), load some concrete blocks in your trunk, and drive very conservatively and you'll be alright. I would also wash it very regularly if driving in the snow/ice because they put down salt and sand on the roads during the winter. 

My best advice is to just buy a 4X4 half ton truck and drive that through the winter instead. You can also use your truck to trailer your GT-R to the track to race in the summer; that's a win/win right there! :D Good luck! 

Wife has a 2018 Grand Cherokee and when we had the 2 or 3 snow storms we got we were using her car mainly.  Kinda concerned with with the height of the car and snow drifts etc.. could play it conservative and if roads are bad just cop an uber to work 

#66 kcforsythe

kcforsythe

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:06 PM

Cincy area here and I daily drive my GT-R except when the roads are covered in snow and/or are salty.  I am down to do a meet up/cruise this summer in Ohio as well.  Lets do it!

I'm in !

2012 GT-R Black Edition (stock other than aftermarket exhaust)

gtrthumbnail.jpg

#67 Nike21763

Nike21763

R34 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:55 PM

We are going to take a few cars up to Cars and Wings on July 7th in the cleveland area.  If anyone wants to join come on by!

#68 Chrismindless

Chrismindless

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:03 PM

I'm in Dublin/Columbus

#69 ADVNTURR

ADVNTURR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:45 AM

We are going to take a few cars up to Cars and Wings on July 7th in the cleveland area.  If anyone wants to join come on by!

I'll put that show on my calendar and try to show up in my 2011

2011 Gunmetal Grey GTR Premium - Built motor and JT Drag 800 transmission

2005 Red 350Z - TT'd (~420whp) Track Car

2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R - Daily

#70 Nike21763

Nike21763

R34 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:23 PM

I'm in Dublin/Columbus

We're MF.Autos on IG.  We'll be at the Arthritis Show in Dublin this Saturday.

#71 Chrismindless

Chrismindless

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 10:14 PM

We're MF.Autos on IG.  We'll be at the Arthritis Show in Dublin this Saturday.

I'll send you a follow request.

#72 Chrismindless

Chrismindless

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 10:14 PM

Hi guys, I have a Black 2014 Track Edition GT-R with FBO on E85/built transmission/Upgraded Wavetrac front differential - 600 AWHP and 600 lb*ft of AWTQ. I live in Lewis Center (Columbus area). I daily drive my GT-R and also track it (road racing and drag racing) at Mid-Ohio and Kil-Kare respectively. I would love to have a GT-R meetup/cruise somewhere in Ohio this Summer. Let's plan something out!  

Count me in.  You have my number.

#73 pellett22

pellett22

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:58 AM

I'm about 20 miles east of Columbus and would love to do a meetup.

2013 GTR Premium.

#74 ADVNTURR

ADVNTURR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:48 AM

It took way longer than it should have and I wasted a lot more money than I needed to, but I finally got my 2011 registered this week:

Xre36ad.jpg

Too bad I wasted most of the summer and now it's parked for the long Ohio winter. At least I have time to put on the new brakes, get some ARP studs, and maybe start prepping for a roll bar and seats.

#75 tblincoe

tblincoe

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 06:32 PM

Any active members currently in Columbus?

#76 BILLYLAFS

BILLYLAFS

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:05 PM

:bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:

#77 ADVNTURR

ADVNTURR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:16 AM

I keep seeing a white DBA in the Willoughby/Mentor area east of Cleveland with a carbon GT-style hood and an aftermarket wing, but never when I'm in my 2011. Curious if it is someone on here; would love to meet up at some point and check out the car.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users