Nissan GT-R Forum banner

The "Official" MAR GTR Sightings Thread

6K views 46 replies 6 participants last post by  Dml 
#1 ·
I don't know why we don't have one. I'll start. I passed a gray GTR That was being followed by a Maserati Gran Turismo on Chain Bridge Road in Northern Virginia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
The Audizine forum has a Mid-Atlantic regional group, which includes a, "Sightings", thread. I can see perhaps having one for the GT-R, because at least in my experience here in the DMV area, you don't see a lot of GT-R's. For the Audi group, people will post seeing other S4/5/6/7's, A4's, TT's, Q5's, etc. Nothing special about posting vehicles that are seen in such great numbers everyday.

#3 ·
Exactly! Having come from that forum, I figured that I might as well start one.

#6 ·
hadnt created this thread when I snapped this pic from cars and coffee. This was from a couple of months ago.

#7 ·
I've only been to a couple of cars & coffee/car meets. How do the people treat the vehicles there? I'd be concerned about people sitting on cars, putting their hands all over them to take selfies, etc. I'm sure most of the vehicle owners try to be careful about opening their doors and getting in/out so as to not hit the car next to them. I've heard stories about guys coming to their cars and finding some chick sitting on the hood, while their dweeb boyfriend takes a picture.

#8 ·
I think it really depends on which cars and coffee you go to. The one that I frequent is in Great Falls Virginia and it is from 7 o'clock in the morning until 9 o'clock in the morning. People are tremendously respectful, and honestly I've never seen anyone touch a car. I'm neurotic about my car, and I never even give it a second thought.

#9 ·
I got spotted in Georgetown tonight �

#11 ·
Due to my job, I am not on Facebook -- I know absurd
-- which is unfortunate because I have heard that the MAGTRON FB page is very active! Thank you for reaching out. If I decide to take the plunge, I will most certainly ask you to add me. Thanks again.

What are the meets that you guys frequent more often than not? I usually go to Katie's C&C when I am in town (probably once a month).

#15 ·
im out of town the next two weekends, but will probably be there 6/18.

#16 ·
Blue DBA on rt50 now

#17 ·
Exchanged waves with this owner

#19 ·
Exchanged waves with this owner
In my Audi forum, in their own DMV S4, "sightings", thread, one poster actually asked if there was an official Audi wave to use at other Audi owners on the road, ha-ha.

#21 ·
at Cars and Coffee this morning

#22 ·
Black GTR on the way to Katie's cars and coffee this morning -- I was in mine heading out.

Also DTC GTR

#23 ·
Saw a white GTR with red wheels at Katie's this morning too. Didn't get a pic -- was on the way out.

#24 ·
Sweet matte orange GTR in DC around 7:45am. Definitely had an aftermarket exhaust. No BOV or big intake heard.

#25 ·
at Katie's this morning

#26 ·
@katies this morning. I parked next to the UGR Gallardo.

#28 ·
ca84196e883a1e30eabd80801ef813b3.jpg
2b16f9d20b6535f872836cdb8a3be42c.jpg
d69002b42d7c6f185c009e59c8e81975.jpg
ff3f773dbf42974e475cf1e4fa1ffed0.jpg
washington auto show

#30 ·
fe6eb8043f9fe1a5442809f1222ed179.jpg
c9aa2b5824848152c04e9d678b28ca07.jpg
That's a Grand National next to the '17 GT-R. Also, as close as the GT-R is hugging the line on the other side, I wonder if someone pulled in close to them later?

#31 ·
9c21c9e896b19018c14967d2e842c9fb.png
someone snapped a pic on IG of me pulling in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.