3 replies to this topic

#1 Tosh

Tosh

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:29 PM

I've tried searching, but I can't find any information on what I'm dealing with exactly.

I have a 2009 GTR, manufactured April 08, so it's probably one of the oldest R35s in North America.

Every now and then the MFD will start flickering, but it's not the backlighting that is flickering. It's losing the red in the color of the screen, so it goes blue/green only. It will stay blue/green for a few minutes and then come back to normal.

I have installed the CarKitCompany front and rear cameras. When I turn on any of them, all of the colors are there in the display. Switch back and there's no red.

It doesn't start to happen with vibrations or heat. It just randomly starts flickering. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Again, the screen has never gone black but I'm hoping this doesn't happen in the near future.
2009 GT-R, Satin Black wrap, JacksTrans RR700 build, Cobb AP, Password JDM Mid, Meisterschaft Exhaust, Gotboost 3" intakes, GFB bov's, front & rear cameras, quad projector headlights

2009 Yamaha FZ6R, Bi-Xenon headlight retrofit

#2 knomeezy

knomeezy

Goofball in a racecar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

did it do this before you installed the camera?

JkaI70D.jpg

#3 Soccerking3000

Soccerking3000

SpecV Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3316 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:38 PM

i had the same exact issue and still do with the same front and rear camera kit, i was told its a loose connection between the jumper for the camera kit and the oem harness

#4 Tosh

Tosh

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

I installed the cameras the same week I bought the car last year. It just started recently though. I guess I'll take apart the dash again and post my findings.
2009 GT-R, Satin Black wrap, JacksTrans RR700 build, Cobb AP, Password JDM Mid, Meisterschaft Exhaust, Gotboost 3" intakes, GFB bov's, front & rear cameras, quad projector headlights

2009 Yamaha FZ6R, Bi-Xenon headlight retrofit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users