48 replies to this topic

#1 Kayzee

Kayzee

R34 Member

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:12 AM

The current system is absolutely terrible. I am not the first to say it, I will not be the last to say it, and I am not without backing of literally the 95th percentile of the forum behind it when i say: abolish the stupid approval system.

Allow users to post, while demanding they stick to the guidelines and requirements of username item pics, prices, locations, conditions.

Posts that do not meet this requirement need simply be deleted with a swift click of a button by a moderator with no explanations. SIMPLE.

Instead, terrible posts somehow manage to slip by that have no relevance to the FS section or in general are terribly formatted, yet people's posts that are well formatted (I know several occasions personally, and several friends occasions) take for freaking EVER to be approved, if they are approved at all.

It drives people away from using the classifieds as much as they could be used, and i see a ton of people just giving up on doing it here, transitioning to the facebook battallion for sale page instead.

Give me one reason why every single automotive forum can run their classifieds smoothly in a coherent fashion with no hiccups, but a forum such as ours with a smaller userbase than most , cannot.

Edited by Kayzee, 20 August 2016 - 02:12 AM.

IMG_4130-1 (1).jpg
2015 Premium
All mods photoshopped

#2 Python

Python

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3048 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:14 AM

I was wondering what was up with some of those classified posts. One guy posting a new wheel purchase, not even selling anything at all. Some ads with no price at all made it through. I've had pretty good luck posting in the classifieds, but I understand the frustration.

#3 1flossedm3

1flossedm3

Boost Junky

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4007 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:19 AM

Yea, the approval system really sucks. Its probably why lots of the guys are posting on FB groups instead
Ryan
2010 Nissan GT-R Pearl White
Proline Built Motor / GT30 / Sheptrans ONE-K/ E85 / 1100HP

Posted Image

Instagram: @FlossyRy

#4 MMC Racing

MMC Racing

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:49 AM

Agreed..

2015 GT-R Deep Blue Pearl Premium

SOLD

#5 mazeroth

mazeroth

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:06 AM

Which are the fb groups?

#6 1flossedm3

1flossedm3

Boost Junky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4007 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:03 AM

Which are the fb groups?

Battalion35, R35 Classifieds,
Ryan
2010 Nissan GT-R Pearl White
Proline Built Motor / GT30 / Sheptrans ONE-K/ E85 / 1100HP

Posted Image

Instagram: @FlossyRy

#7 L.L.

L.L.

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1550 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:53 AM

Having been on both sides, the approval system can be a great asset in making sure the risk of getting scammed or spammed is minimized. OTOH, it can also be a drain on time and resources with needing to perform the tedious task of approving every single classified post. It seems that the approval system may have worked in the past during the prime of this forum but the moderator presence now seems to be minimal (unless they're just creepin' in the background) so it might be time to ease the burden for the remaining mods and rid themselves of the busy work.

I recently posted a set of wheels and forgot to post a picture with my username and date and PM'ed a few moderators but didn't hear back for a few days. Although it was my mistake, it was a little frustrating in not finding out whether I would be able to edit the post to add the picture or if I needed to recreate the ad completely. That whole process took almost a week when I finally heard back that the ad needed to be recreated. That is somewhat of a inconsistency of enforcement as there have been ads approved without such picture and some even without prices.

What we used to do for another forum was create a minimum # of post requirement for each user (IIRC, 100 posts) before they could create ads in the classifieds. It prevented spammers and the dump & run users. Whatever is decided, a change is probably necessary given the recent chain of events and feedback from others.

2015 Nissan GT-R Premium (SOLD)

AMS Alpha 9+ Turbochargers | AMS Alpha Induction Kit | AMS Alpha Front Mount Intercooler
AMS Alpha 3" Intakes | AMS Alpha 90mm Downpipes  | Litchfield 102mm Triple Silenced Exhaust
AMS 4.0 BAR Map Sensor | AMS Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank | AMS Alpha Splash Shield

Speed Density on Cobb AP3 | ID1300 Injectors | Tial Q BOV | DW300C Fuel Pumps | GotBoost Flexfuel Kit | GotBoost Fuel Pressure Monitoring Kit

Stock Block/Transmission | Tuned by Chris Black & ACG Automotive | Built by JohnWigs @ Pacific Nissan 

2017 Acura NSX (SOLD)

130R White on Red/Alcantara

2016 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (Current)
Cobb SF 2.75" Intakes w/Green filters

HKS Resonated Midpipe

HKS 45th Anniversary 2-Stage Exhaust

#8 mazeroth

mazeroth

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:55 AM

Battalion35, R35 Classifieds,

Thanks!

#9 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25954 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:10 PM

Yes, Ive been noticing a trend over the last year with a growing frustration when it comes to the marketplace. I get tons of PMs asking for help and even though I honestly spend little time looking after the marketplace I try to get their issue handled personally on a case by case issue.

The system was set up to protect forum members but I do get that it does put a lot of tedious work on basically two mods that we have who are volunteers and do it for the love of the community and just for the best interest of their fellow owners. It is a lot of keep up with and is pretty thankless especially when these guys have real world lives too.

I still want GTRLIFE to be to go to place and not loose anymore market share to other places so I just came up with something I am testing for a few weeks to see how things go.

The GTR classified for the actual car needs to go unchanged just because of the high value item being sold and we are doing you a favor by vetting the format . But for the parts themselves basically instead of approving every post we are going to implement a 25 minimum post count and a have daily reviews of the new threads to make sure they conform as close as possible to the guidelines we really need you guys to use. Moderators in theory will be able to more quickly approve the car listings as they should be less tied up going through all the parts forums and approving each thread.

lets all work together here and see if this is the best way to proceed forward if this gets abused then we will have no choice to revert back to the old way that sometimes feels draconian but goes to great lengths to protect you the member.

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#10 Dntlvet

Dntlvet

SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4034 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:15 PM

sounds better

2019 GT3RS

2018 Porsche GT3

2016 Porsche GT4
2015 Porsche 991 GT3
2016 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
2010 BMW M3

2013 BE GTR (SOLD)

#11 Kayzee

Kayzee

R34 Member

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:53 AM

Yes, Ive been noticing a trend over the last year with a growing frustration when it comes to the marketplace. I get tons of PMs asking for help and even though I honestly spend little time looking after the marketplace I try to get their issue handled personally on a case by case issue.

The system was set up to protect forum members but I do get that it does put a lot of tedious work on basically two mods that we have who are volunteers and do it for the love of the community and just for the best interest of their fellow owners. It is a lot of keep up with and is pretty thankless especially when these guys have real world lives too.

I still want GTRLIFE to be to go to place and not loose anymore market share to other places so I just came up with something I am testing for a few weeks to see how things go.

The GTR classified for the actual car needs to go unchanged just because of the high value item being sold and we are doing you a favor by vetting the format . But for the parts themselves basically instead of approving every post we are going to implement a 25 minimum post count and a have daily reviews of the new threads to make sure they conform as close as possible to the guidelines we really need you guys to use. Moderators in theory will be able to more quickly approve the car listings as they should be less tied up going through all the parts forums and approving each thread.

lets all work together here and see if this is the best way to proceed forward if this gets abused then we will have no choice to revert back to the old way that sometimes feels draconian but goes to great lengths to protect you the member.

Yes yes yes.

Thank you so much for hearing us.

That's exactly what we need - posting to be open to all after 25 posts, and then to be deleted by mods if it does not conform to standards, rather than having to wait to be approved.

Edited by Kayzee, 21 August 2016 - 12:53 AM.

IMG_4130-1 (1).jpg
2015 Premium
All mods photoshopped

#12 L.L.

L.L.

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1550 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:35 AM

:clap:

2015 Nissan GT-R Premium (SOLD)

AMS Alpha 9+ Turbochargers | AMS Alpha Induction Kit | AMS Alpha Front Mount Intercooler
AMS Alpha 3" Intakes | AMS Alpha 90mm Downpipes  | Litchfield 102mm Triple Silenced Exhaust
AMS 4.0 BAR Map Sensor | AMS Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank | AMS Alpha Splash Shield

Speed Density on Cobb AP3 | ID1300 Injectors | Tial Q BOV | DW300C Fuel Pumps | GotBoost Flexfuel Kit | GotBoost Fuel Pressure Monitoring Kit

Stock Block/Transmission | Tuned by Chris Black & ACG Automotive | Built by JohnWigs @ Pacific Nissan 

2017 Acura NSX (SOLD)

130R White on Red/Alcantara

2016 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (Current)
Cobb SF 2.75" Intakes w/Green filters

HKS Resonated Midpipe

HKS 45th Anniversary 2-Stage Exhaust

#13 MMC Racing

MMC Racing

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:04 AM

Nice compromise. Thank you.

SOLD

#14 fabworx_fabrication

fabworx_fabrication

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3773 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:51 PM

Very good !

Contact us for GT-R life Member discounts on all Parts sold.

Fabworx Custom Fabrication

1016 South Delsea Drive

Vineland, Nj 08360

1-856-434-3623

Like us on facebook
https://www.facebook...tomfabrication/

instagram fabworx_fab

Fabworxexhaust.com

[email protected]

#15 James

James

Alpha 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3763 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:32 AM

As this new system is rolling through. Members need to realize that if you get scammed or have a sour transaction. There is absolutely nothing we are able to do to help you. As the transaction is handled between the buyer and the seller, and whatever 3rd party payment site is used for the transaction.

Edited by James, 22 August 2016 - 10:33 AM.

2011 Pearl White GT-R - ALPHA 10
GT-R Life Forum/Moderator Moderator & Facebook/Instagram Admin
http://www.facebook.com/gtrlife https://www.instagram.com/thegtrlife https://www.twitter.com/gtrlife
Follow Me - @Jchou38 - @TheGTRLife - #GTRLife #NAGTROC
Question? Contact Me - [email protected]

#16 MMC Racing

MMC Racing

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

As this new system is rolling through. Members need to realize that if you get scammed or have a sour transaction. There is absolutely nothing we are able to do to help you. As the transaction is handled between the buyer and the seller, and whatever 3rd party payment site is used for the transaction.

So same as before..

SOLD

#17 James

James

Alpha 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3763 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:02 AM

So same as before..

Pretty much...but there were many instances where we helped members out when they contacted us about it, to get it resolved in which we did, as we were the ones who approved threads so we know most threads that were approved were less likely to have any problems.

Going forward, there is pretty much nothing we can do.
2011 Pearl White GT-R - ALPHA 10
GT-R Life Forum/Moderator Moderator & Facebook/Instagram Admin
http://www.facebook.com/gtrlife https://www.instagram.com/thegtrlife https://www.twitter.com/gtrlife
Follow Me - @Jchou38 - @TheGTRLife - #GTRLife #NAGTROC
Question? Contact Me - [email protected]

#18 MyGojira

MyGojira

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

There has to be a more efficient and streamline process.

#19 MMC Racing

MMC Racing

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:45 PM

I'd go with 50 posts instead of 25. 25 is just too tempting to make junk posts to hit the count.

SOLD

#20 tscompusa

tscompusa

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:02 AM

I've submitted 2x for my wheels/tires thread to get approved. Is there anyway to retrieve it or do I have to resubmit it again? It is frustrating, Because I have to write it manually each time over and over again.

Old: 2009 GT-R (12' inlets, ams downpipes, Meisterschaft exhaust, FIC 1650cc, Gotboost 3" intakes, EcuTek Phase5.X Ecu/Tcu Tuned by TSComptuned - 10.81 @ 132.19 on 93oct)
New: SiR Stage 3+ GTX 3076R Turbos, 12' inlets, ams downpipes, Meisterschaft exhaust, FIC 1650cc, Gotboost 3" intakes, EcuTek Speed Density Tuned by TSComptuned
Other: 2004 Evo 8 - TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur Vband Forward Facing 6466 (10.26 @ 148.14 / 37psi)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users