2017 SENTRA NISMO

#22 tscompusa

tscompusa

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:04 AM

Great! I didn't notice it was approved. Thanks!

Old: 2009 GT-R (12' inlets, ams downpipes, Meisterschaft exhaust, FIC 1650cc, Gotboost 3" intakes, EcuTek Phase5.X Ecu/Tcu Tuned by TSComptuned - 10.81 @ 132.19 on 93oct)
New: SiR Stage 3+ GTX 3076R Turbos, 12' inlets, ams downpipes, Meisterschaft exhaust, FIC 1650cc, Gotboost 3" intakes, EcuTek Speed Density Tuned by TSComptuned
Other: 2004 Evo 8 - TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur Vband Forward Facing 6466 (10.26 @ 148.14 / 37psi)

#23 Kayzee

Kayzee

R34 Member

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:18 PM

MC,

Any word on how soon the 25 post limit classifieds posting will be implemented?

IMG_4130-1 (1).jpg
2015 Premium
All mods photoshopped

#24 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25954 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

MC,

Any word on how soon the 25 post limit classifieds posting will be implemented?

I already did it the second I thought of it this weekend. the changes are already done. just the actual GTR cars still need approval as we are taking 70-100K and we just have to approve those manually for now as that is in everyones best interest

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#25 Chrismays239

Chrismays239

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:36 PM

Sweet

#26 360autoworks

360autoworks

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

i just want to post wtb ad lol

#27 jaspergtr

jaspergtr

NISMO Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7390 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

i just want to post wtb ad lol

Yeah, me too. 

Folks - when this "approval" process started, there was quite a bit of questionable things going on.  Anyone remember the original unnamed marketplace moderator?  That was an initial disaster of someone hiding behind a keyboard with a severe power trip.  The intended outcome (I believe) was to clamp down on the negative banter, misrepresentation, and sometimes outright wrong/bad info in classifieds.  

I am in favor of an easier way to use classifieds.  But as always - trust but verify.  

#28 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4840 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

Allow users to post, while demanding they stick to the guidelines and requirements of username item pics, prices, locations, conditions.

Posts that do not meet this requirement need simply be deleted with a swift click of a button by a moderator with no explanations. SIMPLE

I concur... this needs to be executed more often.

Current Stable:
2009 R35 Premium Edition 'GDZILLA' / Ivory Pearl / Ebony / brought home Sept. 8th 2008 / weekend warrior
2006 Solstice 'EMILEY' / Olympic White / Ebony on Suede / for those 'Top Down' summer days
2014 GMC All Terrain Sierra 4x4 'C2SKYE' / Summit White / Ebony Faux Carbon Fiber / trailer hauler
1999 Vulcan Nomad 'TAZ' / Pearl Boulogne / Candy Arsenate Green / quick weekend get-a-ways
2008 Vulcan Classic LT 'PEARL' / Crystal Pearl White / Metallic Titanium / quick weekend get-a-ways for the wife
2019 Tucson Ultimate AWD 'POLRCUB' / Winter White / Ebony on Beige / Wife's daily driver
'EMILEYII' / Solstice battery powered ride on car / White / daily driver for my daughter
'GDZILLAII' / R35 GTR battery powered ride on car / White / weekend warrior for my daughter
1999 R34 Gtt Skyline / White / Ebony / Sold

#29 condaGTR

condaGTR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

I'd like to post some items (carbon fiber) but I'll be waiting a while I guess.  I had another profile "conda" and had to create this one because the email associated with the old profile is no longer in use.  I'm unable to follow the "forgot pw" process.  I've tried getting mod help but that didn't work.  

#30 ljv2013

ljv2013

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

yikes!!!

#31 dutchboy

dutchboy

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

I'd like to post some items (carbon fiber) but I'll be waiting a while I guess.  I had another profile "conda" and had to create this one because the email associated with the old profile is no longer in use.  I'm unable to follow the "forgot pw" process.  I've tried getting mod help but that didn't work.  

Same her.  I guess it's a decent policy versus allowing just anyone to come in and scam.

#32 Dntlvet

Dntlvet

SpecV Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4034 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:20 AM

I wonder if the forum truly has advertising approval responsibility.  I sure understand you want to avoid good members leaving in fleets due to bad scammers.

I wonder if a better approach is from an educational aspect of helping members understand the process of PPI, helping create a database for PPI resources and then focusing on HOW to safely transact exchange of cars & parts for money.  Those that take the time to be well educated will unlikely be scammed.

I just wonder.

I also think mods could just delete bad advertising and where needed delete scammer memberships.

I wonder if a section of the forum could run with VIN verification to help avoid scammers.  I am not saying if you don't own a GTR you do not belong, but as an added verification, VIN ownership verification is need for special recognition (flag) that the car is real.

2019 GT3RS

2018 Porsche GT3

2016 Porsche GT4
2015 Porsche 991 GT3
2016 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
2010 BMW M3

2013 BE GTR (SOLD)

#33 L.L.

L.L.

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:36 AM

Maybe in a perfect world. That's asking for way too much. If a number of folks can't even educate themselves on the process to post ads, they surely aren't going to proactively do all of those other things.

It comes down to available resources and, the active staff on the forum, I can count with two fingers. If the biggest problem now is newbies that can't spend a few minutes to read, then I will say that we're not doing too bad with all things considered.

2015 Nissan GT-R Premium (SOLD)

AMS Alpha 9+ Turbochargers | AMS Alpha Induction Kit | AMS Alpha Front Mount Intercooler
AMS Alpha 3" Intakes | AMS Alpha 90mm Downpipes  | Litchfield 102mm Triple Silenced Exhaust
AMS 4.0 BAR Map Sensor | AMS Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank | AMS Alpha Splash Shield

Speed Density on Cobb AP3 | ID1300 Injectors | Tial Q BOV | DW300C Fuel Pumps | GotBoost Flexfuel Kit | GotBoost Fuel Pressure Monitoring Kit

Stock Block/Transmission | Tuned by Chris Black & ACG Automotive | Built by JohnWigs @ Pacific Nissan 

2017 Acura NSX (SOLD)

130R White on Red/Alcantara

2016 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (Current)
Cobb SF 2.75" Intakes w/Green filters

HKS Resonated Midpipe

HKS 45th Anniversary 2-Stage Exhaust

#34 poolhut23

poolhut23

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:21 AM

Is there anyway to get approved to post an ad in the classifieds without hitting the 25 mark? I just read/browse and have some wheels/winter tires I want to post and just don't see the value in commenting on a bunch of posts to get to 25.

#35 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25954 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

the system has been working very well to where there is a noticeable decrease in reported issues in the classified section. the site is free to join and post to. So asking that a member involve themselves in the community and interact at a minimum level before using the marketplace isnt too much to ask

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#36 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8598 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

the system has been working very well to where there is a noticeable decrease in reported issues in the classified section. the site is free to join and post to. So asking that a member involve themselves in the community and interact at a minimum level before using the marketplace isnt too much to ask

Agreed.

If we keep the rules too tight people complain the process is too hard. If we keep the rules light, people complain because they got scammed.

Redemption 2.0 Tuned by Ben Linney = Smooth as Fawk!!
Switzer 90mmSS Exhaust = Loud as Fawk!!

#37 LeudyP

LeudyP
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

The struggle

#38 poolhut23

poolhut23

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

I realize that I can't start a topic in the classifieds thread; however, I did start one in my local region and think it was moved to the classifieds (thanks!). The problem now is that my thread as well as others in classifieds all say "This topic is locked" and I can't respond to questions from users on my thread and/or ask questions in other FS threads. Can that be adjusted?

Edited by poolhut23, 19 September 2017 - 07:43 PM.

#39 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8598 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

I realize that I can't start a topic in the classifieds thread; however, I did start one in my local region and think it was moved to the classifieds (thanks!). The problem now is that my thread as well as others in classifieds all say "This topic is locked" and I can't respond to questions from users on my thread and/or ask questions in other FS threads. Can that be adjusted?

Make some posts in the general forums so your post count goes up to 25.

Or send a pm to those asking the questions.

Redemption 2.0 Tuned by Ben Linney = Smooth as Fawk!!
Switzer 90mmSS Exhaust = Loud as Fawk!!

#40 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4840 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

Agreed.

If we keep the rules too tight people complain the process is too hard. If we keep the rules light, people complain because they got scammed.

The correct process is to hard? Wow! Perhaps these people shouldn't be posting then, as the process is very simply.
Better to be proactive then reactive I would think.
Just my 2cents.

Current Stable:
2009 R35 Premium Edition 'GDZILLA' / Ivory Pearl / Ebony / brought home Sept. 8th 2008 / weekend warrior
2006 Solstice 'EMILEY' / Olympic White / Ebony on Suede / for those 'Top Down' summer days
2014 GMC All Terrain Sierra 4x4 'C2SKYE' / Summit White / Ebony Faux Carbon Fiber / trailer hauler
1999 Vulcan Nomad 'TAZ' / Pearl Boulogne / Candy Arsenate Green / quick weekend get-a-ways
2008 Vulcan Classic LT 'PEARL' / Crystal Pearl White / Metallic Titanium / quick weekend get-a-ways for the wife
2019 Tucson Ultimate AWD 'POLRCUB' / Winter White / Ebony on Beige / Wife's daily driver
'EMILEYII' / Solstice battery powered ride on car / White / daily driver for my daughter
'GDZILLAII' / R35 GTR battery powered ride on car / White / weekend warrior for my daughter
1999 R34 Gtt Skyline / White / Ebony / Sold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users