104 replies to this topic

#1 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26117 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:17 AM

Report all Positive and Negative Feedback concerning your specific dealer about your GT-R Preordering an Purchase experience here

"*The views expressed by those on this forum are not necessarily the views expressed by NAGTROC, or its owners*."

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:28 AM

went to one in scarborough, he doesnt have a clue when they are getting gtrs

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

Robbie at Richmond Nissan in BC was very open regarding the GT-R. He claims they do not know if they will be a distributor, and they will not take deposits, he will sell the cars to the highest bidder. :)

#4 doo925

doo925

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

This is the 2nd dealer out west that will sell to highest bidder. I'm gettin' worried !
It's better than I expected !!!

#5 Toronto GTR

Toronto GTR

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

Getting screwed by Brampton North. :drool: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Despite having a $5000 deposit in few a very long time, and being told I was in the first half dozen of orders (after the dealer, the GM and a couple of thier buddies), I was told today that they are not acknowledging the reservation list and are filling the orders of those with "the strongest business relationships with Brampton North Nissan". So the order of receiving deposits is being completely ignored. Now they are saying maybe next year. It is clear that they took my order early in the process and now as the great reviews start pouring in they are having "friends" come out of the woodwork (some of whom I suspect will be flipping them next spring) and that they just kept pushing me down the list - the list clearly was just a deposit holding function and had nothing to do with the actual order that order arrived or how they will be allocated.

I feel totally screwed - if they had said they were only going to sell to those who they have dealt with in the past I would have placed and order elsewhere. Given the low number of dealers there are going to be many people who are not local and have not done business with a particular certified dealer.

The role out in Japan, the US, and the UK was all very orderly - here in Canada is has been a total cluster f**k. No one seems to know what is going on - people here know a hell of a lot more than the dealers in Toronto. Nissan Canada has cocked up the launch of this great car.

I have owned several 350Zs and 300Z turbos, a coupe of Infiniti 4x4s - and was going to own a GT-R. This royal screw has left me very disenfranchised and I am thinking of scrapping my Nissan's all together and just getting a used Gallardo.

Signed - one pissed off GT-R order holder (or at least was)

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
2009 GT-R Premium Dark Gun Metallic/Black

"Bring whatever you like to the party. The GT-R will blitz it. It blitzes everything." Clarkson

#6 Bobcat

Bobcat

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:25 AM

Sorry and concerned that you are getting screwed by your dealer. Did you have a signed sales contract with them that specified your delivery slot?

#7 Toronto GTR

Toronto GTR

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:58 AM

Sorry and concerned that you are getting screwed by your dealer. Did you have a signed sales contract with them that specified your delivery slot?

They did not put a delivery slot number on the contract it simply said a 2009. I took them at their word that being in early in the process that I would be given priority after the dealer, the GM and a couple of the dealers friends (but they did indicate even as late as a month ago that I was in the in 5-6 spot on the list). That is wen I started to get concerned (as it was clear slippage was occurinng).

Edited by Toronto GTR, 13 May 2008 - 07:59 AM.

"Bring whatever you like to the party. The GT-R will blitz it. It blitzes everything." Clarkson

#8 doo925

doo925

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

Brasso Nissan in Calgary has been just awesome. MSRP + some extra's for under $90K. Definately a positive dealership.
It's better than I expected !!!

#9 descartesfool

descartesfool

R35 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2595 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

I had such a horrible experience with the idiot GM at 401DixieNissan I ended up getting my $5000 deposit back. I considered the guy was acting so moronically that when he mistakenly called me thinking I wanted my deposit back after months of my simply asking for a receipt for my deposit, that I called him back twice and e-mailed him. (I must have put in a dozen calls he never returned) He never had the courtesy or forethought to call, and then only a woman from the dealership calls out of the blue in the evening to ask for my credit card # so they can refund my deposit. I made a quick decision at that moment that the GM had acted in such an incredibly unprofessional manner with me since I gave them my deposit back in January that there was no way I wanted to give that turkey my money. Luckily I have another ace in the hole to get my GT-R from a far nicer and friendlier dealer t whom I would be very pleased to give my money to. As for 401DixieNissan, they will never, ever get a nickel of my money.

I own 4 sports cars from 3 different brands, and if Nissan wants to move into the big leagues and start selling expensive fancy sports cars, they had better start by seriously improving customer relations and service, which should start at the dealerships. This car will cost close to $100,000 when you add delivery and taxes, and for that kind of money, quality customer relations are required. So far, I am really not impressed.
Only thing I know is I will be thrilled to never have to hear that GM’s infuriating voice-mail message ever again. It was all about him “caring” for my business.

#10 Toronto GTR

Toronto GTR

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

I had such a horrible experience with the idiot GM at 401DixieNissan I ended up getting my $5000 deposit back. I considered the guy was acting so moronically that when he mistakenly called me thinking I wanted my deposit back after months of my simply asking for a receipt for my deposit, that I called him back twice and e-mailed him. (I must have put in a dozen calls he never returned) He never had the courtesy or forethought to call, and then only a woman from the dealership calls out of the blue in the evening to ask for my credit card # so they can refund my deposit. I made a quick decision at that moment that the GM had acted in such an incredibly unprofessional manner with me since I gave them my deposit back in January that there was no way I wanted to give that turkey my money. Luckily I have another ace in the hole to get my GT-R from a far nicer and friendlier dealer t whom I would be very pleased to give my money to. As for 401DixieNissan, they will never, ever get a nickel of my money.

I own 4 sports cars from 3 different brands, and if Nissan wants to move into the big leagues and start selling expensive fancy sports cars, they had better start by seriously improving customer relations and service, which should start at the dealerships. This car will cost close to $100,000 when you add delivery and taxes, and for that kind of money, quality customer relations are required. So far, I am really not impressed.
Only thing I know is I will be thrilled to never have to hear that GM's infuriating voice-mail message ever again. It was all about him "caring" for my business.

descartesfool did you get my PM? Can't see it in my sent file....but looking to get some info from you.

#11 NickTO

NickTO

SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3704 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:25 AM

:)

Edited by NickTO, 18 September 2013 - 09:58 PM.

--

I am no longer active on this site.

#12 flyfast

flyfast

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

Oakville Nissan has been nothing short of professional.

My contact there, David, has been very upfront in stating there is 'no news' when there is none, and immediately communicating what he knows when he learns of it via email.

I've met with David a couple times and I've shared my pictures from the Tokyo Motor Show with him.

The dealership has been good so far. He did mention they are selling at MSRP, I'll see how that works out.

Agreed, I have also placed a spot with Oakville Nissan. I spoke with Jason and he told me up front and straight out what to expect and will keep me up todate on any new info.
I came to the party a little late and thus I am number 32! LOL. Jason pretty much told me I am looking at 2011, 2012 model year. I'am good with that as it gives me some more time to put a bigger deposit down.
Also, when I asked about MSRP, Jason simply said....HERE AT OAKVILLE NISSAN, WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF CHARGING OVER MSRP. not for this car or any other.
Walking out I felt good and with any luck in 3 years I'll have mine. :cheers:
One more thing!! Jason did not want a deposit. He simply told me when it's time to pick your color, We will have you come in and forward your deposit.
He also said something about signing some agreement about selling the car. Jason told me they don't have any details as of yet but to expect there will be something. Like I said up front and no B.S.

cheers!
I know you believe you understand what you think I said.

But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is what I meant.

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

I only talked briefly with Nissan Spinelli in Montreal and they were uptight and very unproffesional. I was treated as if "I was wasting their time"... I guess selling $100000 cars doesn't interest them.

Talked with Chomedey Nissan in Laval and he was all business. Knew everything about the car and even test drove it in Las Vegas... this guy was down to earth and really knew what he was talking about.

Pays to look around.

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:35 AM

Indeed, Jimmy at Chomedey is a great person to deal with. My deposit is in for #12. :)

#15 Night2009GTR

Night2009GTR

GT-R Addict

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:49 PM

Hey flyfast.

I recently ordered a gt-r through oakville nissan. I am supposedly number 49 and suposed to get my car by 2010. after reading what jason at oakville nissan told i am not to sure what to think of my position. they did the same thins for me, no down payment, and btw the msrp of the gtr will be increasing in the thousands that what the sales guys told me, that is for the 2010 onwards models.

Keep me posted if u hear something else from oakville nissan.

Agreed, I have also placed a spot with Oakville Nissan. I spoke with Jason and he told me up front and straight out what to expect and will keep me up todate on any new info.
I came to the party a little late and thus I am number 32! LOL. Jason pretty much told me I am looking at 2011, 2012 model year. I'am good with that as it gives me some more time to put a bigger deposit down.
Also, when I asked about MSRP, Jason simply said....HERE AT OAKVILLE NISSAN, WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF CHARGING OVER MSRP. not for this car or any other.
Walking out I felt good and with any luck in 3 years I'll have mine. :welcome:
One more thing!! Jason did not want a deposit. He simply told me when it's time to pick your color, We will have you come in and forward your deposit.
He also said something about signing some agreement about selling the car. Jason told me they don't have any details as of yet but to expect there will be something. Like I said up front and no B.S.

cheers!

Posted Image

Nissan, then, has done something odd. It has built a car for a time and a place and a species that simply don't exist." Jeremy Clarkson

Current :

2014 Nissan GT-R
2013 Nissan Sentra
2012 Nissan Maxima

#16 Toronto GTR

Toronto GTR

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

[/quote]

So far I have not heard negitive things about Oakville or Alta - they both seem conservative in their policies on orders and both do not seem to be playing games.

Edited by Toronto GTR, 02 August 2008 - 11:15 PM.

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

Stay away from Jonker in Langley. They had my money on and off for 2 years and $10,000 for the last 11 months. And then they wanted me to pay $99,900 before taxes. :shiftdrive:

Edited by BlackLight, 07 August 2008 - 07:49 PM.

#18 flyfast

flyfast

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

Hey flyfast.

I recently ordered a gt-r through oakville nissan. I am supposedly number 49 and suposed to get my car by 2010. after reading what jason at oakville nissan told i am not to sure what to think of my position. they did the same thins for me, no down payment, and btw the msrp of the gtr will be increasing in the thousands that what the sales guys told me, that is for the 2010 onwards models.

Will do night.
I did get a call from Oakville about a month ago and was asked if I was interested in getting the GT-R sooner. Jason explained to me that they might be getting more GT-R's yearly.
I'm thinking perhaps someof the OTHER dealers charging over MSRP will be getting far fewer GT-R's next year. As of right now, I'm looking at a 2010 model year! hopefully.
I'll keep ya posted! By the way, I'm in Milton and only about 15 minute drive from Oakville.

Cheers :shiftdrive:
I know you believe you understand what you think I said.

But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is what I meant.

#19 Night2009GTR

Night2009GTR

GT-R Addict

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

Hey flylfast,

i am looking at a 2010 model too, i spoke with marco from oakville and h said they will be getting more gt-r's and that oakville will be charging a $ 5000 markup on the car.. for the 2010 model. marco sid that nissan canada has officially allowed the dealers to mark up anywhere from 5K to 25 k , hece oakville choose the least amount possible. :banghead:

Have u heard anything like that from Oakville.

ps. i live in milton too..i just got a new mattamy house in milton.

Will do night.
I did get a call from Oakville about a month ago and was asked if I was interested in getting the GT-R sooner. Jason explained to me that they might be getting more GT-R's yearly.
I'm thinking perhaps someof the OTHER dealers charging over MSRP will be getting far fewer GT-R's next year. As of right now, I'm looking at a 2010 model year! hopefully.
I'll keep ya posted! By the way, I'm in Milton and only about 15 minute drive from Oakville.

Cheers :wavey:

Posted Image

Nissan, then, has done something odd. It has built a car for a time and a place and a species that simply don't exist." Jeremy Clarkson

Current :

2014 Nissan GT-R
2013 Nissan Sentra
2012 Nissan Maxima

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:12 AM

He is lying through his teeth. :banghead:
Nissan Canada has "allowed" no markups. Ask him what the paperwork will say, MSRP and then a second cheque for $x, or will he actually report the sales price of ~$87,000 depending on color, to the databank. I bet 25c he will sell you a GT-R VIP package for $5000.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users