11 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyDangerous

JohnnyDangerous

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:32 PM

Well after designing a little kit I got round to start fitting today, I dont know what metal they make these cars from but only a very expensive cobalt drill bit would touch it !!!! Yup I broke it so second Ll will be fitted tomorrow and temp wired in Tuesday as im getting a friend to do some electrical trickery so that a hidden switch turns the horn into the activation button, anyway heres some pics, if more guys in the UK drag raced I would think about putting a kit together.

Basically we are going to replace this pipe with the solenoid
Posted Image

Heres the kit im using I had the pipes made, stainless hose with clear coat, fittings into solenoid are tapered so I also used PTFE tape to help seal, the swivels are on the other end and adaptors screw into original fittings

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

First undo pipe from splitter block Nissan kindly used and block off with pipe fitting sealed to lose as little brake fluid as poss
Posted Image

Then remove pipe and bolt solenoid in place
Posted Image

Fit adaptors into block and flexi hose and attach the pipes from solenoid
Posted Image
Posted Image

I used the 10mm bolt in the splitter block to earth the solenoid and pushed the +ve lead up thru the grommet where the brake pipe comes thru the inner wing, ive taped it to battery till I wire it later
Posted Image
Posted Image

Heres a pic of how it looks with wheel off
Posted Image

And a pic with the wheel on full lock
Posted Image

Cant wait to get the other side done, I run a syvecs AWD controller but a switch can be fitted to turn the car RWD only al be it in limp mode but thats fine for a burn out at the strip and as soon as car is switched off and restarted its back in 4WD

Edited by JohnnyDangerous, 04 September 2016 - 01:05 PM.

#2 JohnnyDangerous

JohnnyDangerous

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

All up and working

#3 Dntlvet

Dntlvet

SpecV Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4034 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:03 PM

wow crazy

2019 GT3RS

2018 Porsche GT3

2016 Porsche GT4
2015 Porsche 991 GT3
2016 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
2010 BMW M3

2013 BE GTR (SOLD)

#4 JohnnyDangerous

JohnnyDangerous

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:41 PM

I cant believe the amount of guys with far more powerful GTR's runing rear slicks and doing rolling burnouts that dont get enough heat in them that have $100,000 + builds and dont run a line lock, i might put this kit on Ebay

#5 Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:59 PM

How are you getting around the fact that there is mechanical preload on the front ets and will burn through pretty quick? I remember buschur was working on something like this but ditched the project.

#6 dudley123

dudley123

TWCompetition GTR-On a Cover near you

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:46 AM

bye bye ETS!! This won't end well without a zero-preload setup :/
2014 Deep Blue Pearl KW Sleeves, GotBoost 3" Intakes, HKS Spec-R Titanium Exhaust, Cobb AP, for now...
2007 911 Turbo(997.1) 6spd (Sold)
2009 Black GT-R
SEMA 2015 RocketBunny Widebody, CSF Alum. Radiator, Whiteline Catalog bushing Set, GFB BOV's, Dressup Bolts Titanium Fasteners, HKS GT600 Midpipe-, HKS Titanium Exhaust, AMS Catless DP's-Ecutek by Linney-Carbon Backed Bride Vorga's-TopSecret Titanium IC Piping-GotBoost 3" Intakes-HRE S101 Brushed Copper-285/315 Nitto NT01-ZELE Carbon SideSkirts-RevoZport Yoshi Carbon Trunk-AMS Coolant Expansion-Custom Blacked Headlights (Sold)
2011 Audi S4-Daily

#7 JohnnyDangerous

JohnnyDangerous

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:23 AM

How are you getting around the fact that there is mechanical preload on the front ets and will burn through pretty quick? I remember buschur was working on something like this but ditched the project.

My friend has been driving his 650 hp GTR for over a year in the same RWD mode, he drifts it everywhere so much so its been confiscated by the police 3 times, hes also done over 20 trackdays inc the Nurburgring which he does in 7.30 and his TTS is still perfect, im pretty sure the amount of strain a few burnouts each year will do pales into comparison!!! However if you want to go drag racing EVERYTHING is going to wear out !!!! If I compete in some events I go as RWD prop off so in essence there is nothing for the TTS to turn, I have another friend was running 750 ft lbs thru a stock box and launching it hard it took 6 months to break it, its not doing anymore damage than a AWD controller, what it does do is allow you to get enough heat into a pair of slicks which is a lot more than a pair of drag radials, so all the cars doing big rolling burnouts are doing the same to their TTS but not achieving their goal.
If I take 10,000 miles off my TTS I dont care I bought the car to drag race, Mile race and do trackdays, as things break I fix them and make it so they dont.

#8 Beastgtr

Beastgtr

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

Nice job man
Do you know where I can get a line lock kit

#9 franzcars

franzcars

GTR-KID

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

Any idea how long the lines were?
2013 Premium Deep Blue Pearl Gone but never forgotten, Memorial Day 2017
New GTR
2009 SS Jack's Built ETS 3582R. From Motown to The Lou, and we're proud CP/Carrillo/Linney 4.1L, GSC cams, Volk te37's, Fore triple, Carter Motorsports 2200's, Jacks custom Trans

#10 frozenbutt

frozenbutt

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:06 AM

Nice work! So you didnt do a zero preload on your ETS?

#11 JasonNamour

JasonNamour

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:56 AM

Hi Johnny - I fitted line lock to front and have the RWD switch, but when I try and do burnout its like its not putting any power to the ground?

Is there anything else I need to do ie: with abs or traction control etc?

Jason

#12 Indy

Indy

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 03:27 AM

Hi Johnny - I fitted line lock to front and have the RWD switch, but when I try and do burnout its like its not putting any power to the ground?

Is there anything else I need to do ie: with abs or traction control etc?

Jason

Obviously you should turn traction control off. Make sure you have the correct brake lines running to the solenoids. In the pic they are the ones with fittings only without lines connected. To do a burnout push the brake pedal, press and hold or turn on your switch. Then release the brake pedal and don't touch it until after you release the line lock switch. It will work.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users