51 replies to this topic

#1 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8598 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:08 AM

So lets clear this up. Max aka Lawrence does not work for either Undercover or Fabworkx anymore. So he should not be selling parts unless he gets approved as a vendor from Autoguide. So if you are getting pm's soliciting parts, hit the report button.

A bunch of accounts have been disabled as a precaution as we do not know who is who. Keith from Fabworkx has one active account and that's it. It's being watched closely.

Edited by Wicked, 13 December 2017 - 03:33 PM.

Redemption 2.0 Tuned by Ben Linney = Smooth as Fawk!!
Switzer 90mmSS Exhaust = Loud as Fawk!!

#2 MMC Racing

MMC Racing

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:35 PM

PM Sent! lol :)

2015 GT-R Deep Blue Pearl Premium

SOLD

#3 Prowake

Prowake

R32 Member

• Newbies
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:25 PM

username?

#4 ImInjured

ImInjured

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:36 PM

Something fishy/spammy about that guy. Gave him a chance - but he always gave me enough reason never to buy. Wanted me to sell my SBD 3" intakes and buy some of his! LOL
Instagram: jr.gtr

2009 Nissan GT-R GMG - SBD 700 +E85

#5 GT-R Marine

GT-R Marine

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2121 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:59 PM

Wait I dealt with Lawrence when I bought my Fabworx exhaust back in May-June and everything went fine. When did he leave Fabworx?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2015 R35 Nissan GT-R Premium (sold)
  • 1995 R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R non-VSpec (sold)
  • 1994 R33 Nissan Skyline GTS2.5t (sold)
  • 1988 R31 Nissan Skyline GT (sold)

#6 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2775 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:49 AM

Wait I dealt with Lawrence when I bought my Fabworx exhaust back in May-June and everything went fine. When did he leave Fabworx?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawrence is a fake name, his name is Max.
SBD700 Full Bolt on Package only $4455! The most affordable FBO Package on the Market!
From Stock to 600+WHP 
Are you a new GTR owner? Message me about our exclusive New Owner Specials 
SBD Super Race Intercooler w/ Piping on sale for only $2499!
PM me for details on any of the above specials or for pricing on anything!

#7 DavisGTR91

DavisGTR91

Life's Daily Reality Check

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1111 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:13 AM

Lawrence is a fake name, his name is Max.

I believe it's his middle name.

Max L. Gratz
I have no cars

#8 big_mike1979

big_mike1979

R35

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:56 PM

Like I have told chris from SBD on facebook, I personally Never had a prob with Lawrence.. He took care of all my FBO e85 parts and no one got closer to him in pricing .
He beats everyone ! I even ordered my Kw sleeves from him last night!
I dont know what is the beef but there is always 2 side of the story !
Maybe we should give him a chance to explain what happened!

#9 blackjack

blackjack

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:04 AM

I bought a fabworx exhaust from Lawrence at the end of September and while it took a little longer to get than expected all went fine.

#10 Robertyu

Robertyu

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:58 PM

Here's a personal account from my own purchase of a single item, and HKS exhaust. This is going up on the other forums this weekend also...

I have a credit card that I only used a couple times, Undercover was one of those, and a local Walgreens was another. I bought an HKS exhaust from Max Lawrence Gratz of Undercover last year, and a couple moths ago, 4 fraudulent charges were made on this credit card, totaling just a hair under $8k).

The charges were made at IPD Plenums (Porsche aftermarket parts), using my credit card, my address (as the billing address), and my phone number for the credit card account. The contact phone number and ship-to address used were from South New Jersey, and this mis-match of credit card and billing address in Hawaii versus New Jersey shipping address did not seem to raise enough red flags at IPD or my credit union. Some of the parts shipped before this stuff appeared on my online statement, but once I discovered the charges, I put in a fraud report, the charges were taken out of my account, and the card cancelled/replaced. I also contacted IPD Plenums to get what information I could from them, and to see if
I could find out the information on where the parts shipped to etc. from IPD Plenums. I think IPD is on the level, but negligent by missing such obvious signs of fraud.

As I limited the use of this card, it's easy to tell it was very likely Mr. Gratz or another Undercover employee stole my information to buy Porsche parts, as there is no other entity that had that number along with my personal information (Walgreens did not get my personal information as part of that one purchase there). IPD Plenums had opened a case of Fraud with the police in New Jersey, and I am cooperating with all authorities having jurisdiction.

If any on here purchased anything from Undercover or FabWorx, I strongly recommend you cancel that particular card. Who knows who has your card information at this point.

I am only stating facts here, along with my opinion of where my information was stolen from. If anyone contacts me through PM or any other means to attempt to intimidate me out of speaking publicly about this, I will make those entire communications public, and forward them to my lawyer and the authorities having jurisdiction for follow-up where applicable. Nothing pisses me off as much as scammers, and only scammers that try to obfuscate the facts or derail public exposure of related facts piss me off more, so don’t even try my patience further. If Fabworx has any problem with what I am stating here, tough shit as your company had too much cross-pollination with entities from Undercover to be able to ensure no risk to recent customers credit card information. At best case, your company is a victim of your own bad management decision on whom you had employed, and in worst case… I won’t go there, unless facts turn to support that.

#11 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8598 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:23 PM

Here's a personal account from my own purchase of a single item, and HKS exhaust. This is going up on the other forums this weekend also...

I have a credit card that I only used a couple times, Undercover was one of those, and a local Walgreens was another. I bought an HKS exhaust from Max Lawrence Gratz of Undercover last year, and a couple moths ago, 4 fraudulent charges were made on this credit card, totaling just a hair under $8k).

The charges were made at IPD Plenums (Porsche aftermarket parts), using my credit card, my address (as the billing address), and my phone number for the credit card account. The contact phone number and ship-to address used were from South New Jersey, and this mis-match of credit card and billing address in Hawaii versus New Jersey shipping address did not seem to raise enough red flags at IPD or my credit union. Some of the parts shipped before this stuff appeared on my online statement, but once I discovered the charges, I put in a fraud report, the charges were taken out of my account, and the card cancelled/replaced. I also contacted IPD Plenums to get what information I could from them, and to see if
I could find out the information on where the parts shipped to etc. from IPD Plenums. I think IPD is on the level, but negligent by missing such obvious signs of fraud.

As I limited the use of this card, it's easy to tell it was very likely Mr. Gratz or another Undercover employee stole my information to buy Porsche parts, as there is no other entity that had that number along with my personal information (Walgreens did not get my personal information as part of that one purchase there). IPD Plenums had opened a case of Fraud with the police in New Jersey, and I am cooperating with all authorities having jurisdiction.

If any on here purchased anything from Undercover or FabWorx, I strongly recommend you cancel that particular card. Who knows who has your card information at this point.

I am only stating facts here, along with my opinion of where my information was stolen from. If anyone contacts me through PM or any other means to attempt to intimidate me out of speaking publicly about this, I will make those entire communications public, and forward them to my lawyer and the authorities having jurisdiction for follow-up where applicable. Nothing pisses me off as much as scammers, and only scammers that try to obfuscate the facts or derail public exposure of related facts piss me off more, so don’t even try my patience further. If Fabworx has any problem with what I am stating here, tough shit as your company had too much cross-pollination with entities from Undercover to be able to ensure no risk to recent customers credit card information. At best case, your company is a victim of your own bad management decision on whom you had employed, and in worst case… I won’t go there, unless facts turn to support that.

We have been waiting for this to be posted......

Thank you Robert.

#12 Uberryslow

Uberryslow

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:34 PM

^^^ wow what a bunch of dirt bags

#13 GTR-2010

GTR-2010

R35ECT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:38 PM

Ugh... I've been in contact with "Lawrence". He seems like a nice guy. And great prices ... I was just about to order from him... this makes me worry

#14 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8598 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

Lets bump this thread and pin it as well.  I banned another one of Max's accounts today.

Please report any pms you receive from a member that are not authorized vendors trying to sell you new parts. 

#15 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2978 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

You should post a list of the usernames that have been banned so people can see. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Weapons Grade Performance
- Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Master Tuner / MoTec Calibrator
[email protected]
Our Online Store
East Coast Location Durham, CT - West Coast Location Monroe, WA

#16 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8463 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

So the fabworx 4” exhaust is legit ? I didn’t even consider because I didn’t want to get scammed.
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#17 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8598 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

enzgtr was banned yesterday.

#18 Socalaviator

Socalaviator

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2822 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

People should also post his accounts on other social media platforms as well.  I have heard "carpartking" on Instagram is an account of his as well although I cannot confirm this.

HKS GT1000 build. RD Engineering.

#19 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2978 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:32 PM

People should also post his accounts on other social media platforms as well.  I have heard "carpartking" on Instagram is an account of his as well although I cannot confirm this.

Yes, it is.  He's also been posting on FB under the fake name of "Martin Shaw" who is supposedly an employee of SupremeAutoworkz in NJ, and posting from their social media as well.

Weapons Grade Performance
- Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Master Tuner / MoTec Calibrator
[email protected]
Our Online Store
East Coast Location Durham, CT - West Coast Location Monroe, WA

#20 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8598 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

Yes supremeauto was denied as a vendor here and the account banned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users