Your results
Your place out of how many in class for each event
Your overall raw time place for each event
Your PAX place for each event

Your comments.

4472829118_3e56d7a83c_m.jpg4419874927_166d46a46b_m.jpg

2009 GTR Premium Gun Metallic/ Black Leather #2361

#35 Street Modified Class Solo SCCA Hawaii Region 2020-21
2009-2021 Season Points and Runoff Champion(ASP 2009-12/SSP 2013/Street Modified 2014-20/2nd Points 2019, 2nd Runoff SM 2016-17)
2009-2014 Season Pax Overall 12th tied 2010/ 13th tied 2011/ 10th 2012/ 10th tied 2013/10th 2014

#3 AutoXGTR

AutoXGTR

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6587 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:58 AM

You can edit results in your post as the season goes along

Many have a season limited by cold weather.

Fortunately I can drive year round with about 12 events for each season and a championship runoff in April. Some months we have two events and some none.

SCCA Solo Hawaii Region

A Street Performance class

First two events ran completely stock

For third event to present have run with
Enkei GTC-01 18x10 rims +22 offset, Kumho V710 305/30-18 tires, rear spacers 20mm

Event
1. March 22, 2009 3rd place out of 4 in class, 37th of 106 on raw time, 44th on PAX overall 1.58 seconds behind 1st, 0.35 seconds behind 2nd both with race tires
2. April 12, 2nd place out of 4 in class, 30th of 99 on raw time, 37th on PAX overall 2.24 seconds behind 1st, 0.001 second ahead of third
3. July 12, 1st place out of 5 in class, 6th of 110 on raw time, 7th on PAX overall 0.099 seconds ahead of second (GTR with Coilovers and race wheels and tires)
4. Aug 2, 2nd place out of 5 in class, 9th out of 114 on raw time, 8th on PAX overall 0.141 seconds behind first (modded GTR)
5. Aug 16, 2nd place out of 4 in class, 24th out of 116 on raw time, 21st on PAX overall 0.086 seconds behind first (Porsche 911TT with race wheels and tires-new)
6. Sept 27, 2nd place out of 4 in class, 9th place out 100 on raw time, 11th on PAX overall 0.025 seconds behind first (Porsche 911TT)
7. Oct 4, 1st out of 5 in class, 14th place out of 107 on raw time, 14th on PAX overall 0.043 seconds ahead of second (Porsche 911TT)
8. Nov 11, 1st out of 4 in class, 11th place out of 92 on raw time, 12th on PAX overall 0.102 seconds ahead of second (Porsche 911TT)
9. Dec 13, 1st out of 4 in class, 12th place out of 111 on raw time, 12th on PAX overall 0.159 seconds ahead of second (Porsche 911TT)
10. Jan 10, 1st out of 3 in class, 12th place out of 104 on raw time, 11th on PAX overall 1.82 seconds ahead of second (Corvette C6 on race tires)
11. Missed event- out of town on trip
12. March 7, 1st out of 3 in class, 3rd place out of 103 on raw time, 5th on PAX overall 3.9 seconds ahead of second in the wet.

Season- Points champion with 104 points vs 101 for second.
Championship Run Off - 1st place in class. Drove on street runflat tires in the wet for 24th place raw time out of 71 drivers. Later in the dry managed 2.2 seconds faster on a 40 sec course.
Season Pax overall- tied for 12th place (my lowest finish in the last four seasons, Had another car in SM class and did 6th, 7th and tied for 10th).

Note PAX is overall place adjusted for handicap for each class so various classes can be compared to each other with a PAX time.

Our region recognizes leaders in each class and for PAX overall.

Edited by AutoXGTR, 05 April 2010 - 11:37 AM.

2009-2021 Season Points and Runoff Champion(ASP 2009-12/SSP 2013/Street Modified 2014-20/2nd Points 2019, 2nd Runoff SM 2016-17)
2009-2014 Season Pax Overall 12th tied 2010/ 13th tied 2011/ 10th 2012/ 10th tied 2013/10th 2014

#4 AutoXGTR

AutoXGTR

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6587 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

Some general notes-

In SCCA solo events (autocrossing)

The GTR cannot compete in any stock class.
You can take your stock GTR and compete in ASP (A Street Performance) or in SM (street modified) classes

There is no reason why you cannot do well and learn a lot in doing autocross with a purely stock GTR. On any given day about a 3rd of the drivers out of a hundred post times quicker than my stock GTR but many have modified cars or at least R compound tires.

In ASP class you can add different sized wheels and add R compound tires and drop your run time by about 1.5 seconds over a 30 second course if you make the most of it.
You must drive more aggressively with R compound tires if you want to do better.

You don't need racing harnesses and a stock seatbelt with CG lock will work fine. I have a Status four point harness from vividracing.com that fits in the stock seatbelt mounting points and is easily installed and removed at events.

You don't need race fuel, just premium and a quarter tank is fine to save some weight.

Run the stock tires at about 34 psi in front and 32 in the rear.

Set alignment to track setting or as aggressively as you can handle and drive on the street.

You can use normal Nissan OEM track settings with-
Front camber -1.8
Front toe to max toe out but within stock specs
Rear camber -1.8
Rear toe to minimum toe in but within stock specs

You may wear the inside edges of the front tires a bit faster but it's not too bad unless you drive high miles daily.
Handling is very good but not squirrly and not too rough or harsh for daily driving.

Driving school is good even if it is for the track, many of the skills learned will carry over. An EVO driving school specifically for autocross is best.

Use Manual paddle shifting with RRR settings and shift to second ASAP then keep it there and don't bother to change it.

Lowering springs or coilovers help to lower the center of gravity and reduce body roll (vs stock suspension). Adjustable front and rear swaybars are helpful to reduce understeer. The GTR in stock form can both understeer and oversteer so you have to drive smoothly and not upset the balance of the car.

19" race wheels and tires are the most common, often 19x10" in front and 19x11 in the rear with Hoosier A6 tires. Kumho R compound tires only go as large as 18".
Many of the good R compound track tires are not soft enough for autocross use. Softer rubber usually means more grip but faster wear. Hoosier A6 can start to loose their edge in as little as 6 events, maybe 10-12 events for Kumho V710. You can run the tires longer but the rubber gets harder and you have less grip and more sliding.

18" wheels are limited by the large front brake calipers. Enkei GTC-01 18x10" will fit with +22mm offset using Kumho V710 305/30-18 tires and 20mm rear spacers. These tires are considerably smaller than stock and help to lower the GTR but the stock suspension is still fairly soft. The wider than stock front wheel and tires with a wider track helps to reduce some understeer but not completely. In general 305/30 tires are still not enough tire for the GTR in my opinion.

It is not necessary to change air intake or midpipe or exhaust but it is legal to do so in ASP or SM class.

If you change engine internals or the turbo or BOV then you cannot stay in ASP and move to SM class. SM does not require back seats- to save weight, APS requires a full interior minus floor mats.

Update from Jan 2011
Nearing completion of two full seasons of running the GTR in Autocross ASP class-

Some comments on strategy and some observations.

1. The best one upgrade is wheels and tires. If you do not take advantage of R compounds the runflats will be a limiting factor. R compouns allow for about 1.5 to 2 second advantage for any course from 30 to 60 seconds long and improve traction to the point of reducing understeer.

2. The stock shocks are OK for street use but not able to keep up during performance driving. They are usable but not optimal. Stiffer shocks would be better but none exist to upgrade alone. Full adjustable coilovers would be better but void warranty and you loose console R mode setting control.

3. Adjustable front and rear swaybars help reduce understeer in a big way. Your actual settings may depend on what tires and wheels you run and your suspension. The way you drive and course surface conditions are also factors. If you do not push your GTR to the limits of getting both oversteer and understeer on a regular basis then you should probably keep driving your stock supension setup until you do. I have Whiteline and they are the cheapest solution. If you can't get a fully neutral setting try for minimal understeer and that could work OK.

4. A high power course is likely your best bet for good results in a GTR. If you attach scan gauge II to your OBDII port on dash you can record max speed during the run and if you see 55 mph or more then you should take all the high speed straights and turns as fast as possible being sure to make the most out of each high speed part of the course. Always enter a high speed zone going as fast as possible to carry the highest speed from start to end in that segment. For example a tight turn preceeds a short straight, you set up for the tight turn and don't enter it too fast to minimize understeer then once you take the turn tight you explode out of the turn and keep speed up until the end of that segment. If you enter the tight turn even 1 mph too fast you can overshoot the turn and mess up the fast straight and loose speed at the start of the segment and ruin the high speed portion.

5. Be patient and try not to overdrive which is very easy to do with all the power the GTR has. The car is very heavy and the tires can be overwhelmed easily at speed. If you are oversteering on corners you are overdriving. If you are oversteering coming out of turns your are overdriving. If you are noticing the car is twitchy and unsettled you are likely not being smooth with steering input and with throttle input. Look ahead and be smoother with being on the right amount of throttle not punching it on or lifting off abruptly.

6. Be nimble on steering, even though the GTR is big it can be controlled with the right suspension tuning and an aggressive alignment with more front negative camber. People tell me all the time that the GTR looks pretty good on tight turns which I always think is the case with Miatas or MR2s when I watch them. You have to look ahead and plan your line through a turn then do it. Pay attention to the tire's slip angle to optimize traction. Stay in the sweet spot for your given tires.

7. Doesn't really matter which R compound tires you use. Each one has some advantage or disadvantage and cost is pretty high no matter what. Use a tire size that is as wide as you can manage for your wheels. 18" and 19" wheels are better for good tires. So far there are no good R compound tires for stock 20" wheels vs those in smaller sizes. Hoosier A6 offers good solutions in 19" wheel staggered sizes and some good 18" sizes. Kumho V710 only offer 18" sizes like 305/40-18 or 315/35-18 to fit on 18x10 wheels that are square. You use 20mm spacer in the rear and rotate tires for better wear up to two full seasons/years if you are careful and take care of your tires. Two drivers will overheat the tires more easily depending on course length and time between runs. For me four runs and about 5 minutes between runs results in front tire temps of about 120-135 degrees max and rear temps of about 115 to 125 degrees max. I almost never run hotter unless I do back to back runs. This means the tires for me don't get overheated much using Kumho V710s, others tell me the Kumhos are more grippy cold and tend to overheat but I never use water to cool them and I often run fastest times in runs 3 or 4. Just don't overdrive.

8. Optimal wheel and tire setup is likely a staggered one with wider tires and wheels in back. Using a square setup with same wheels and tiresize front and rear is OK as a compromise. Square setup in 18x10 or 19x10 allows for a little less weight on the wheels, less cost depending on which wheel and tire rotation to make the tires last longer. But staggered setup allows for better tire size for the rear where you need all the traction you can get to put power down better. Wider front tire vs stock size helps reduce understeer and does stiffer rear swaybar and more front negative camber.

9. Front tire inner edges wear fast no matter what. Aggressive front negative camber can be used on the street but if you drive high miles commuting this is probably going to be something to live with. I have flipped stock tires to put the inner tread of the OEM front tire on the outer edge and that can work OK to extend the life of the stock tire used on the street. Handling is OK. If you do run stock tires on autocross you can try front tire pressures of about 34 to 36 psi and rear 33-34.

Edited by AutoXGTR, 27 January 2011 - 01:44 AM.

#5 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25940 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

good results and info... its funny i was looking at your raw time ranking for each event and i tend to end up about the same give or take.... we have 110-125ish an event and i end up usually 8th-15th on average.. which i think is good for OEM tires

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#6 [email protected]

[email protected]

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12530 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:20 PM

Very nice, and great post!

Sharif Abdelbaset | GM | Calibrator | Driving Instructor
[email protected]
498 Cobb Parkway South, Marietta GA 30060
Forged Performance will meet or beat any competitors pricing!

#7 AutoXGTR

AutoXGTR

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6587 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:23 PM

good results and info... its funny i was looking at your raw time ranking for each event and i tend to end up about the same give or take.... we have 110-125ish an event and i end up usually 8th-15th on average.. which i think is good for OEM tires

Your finishes are much better than mine. I always run at the end of the day for practice using stock wheels and runflats and my times are about 1.5 seconds slower than with race tires.

As a result I usually get about 30-38th place on raw time vs the official results but not much better. It's a great time considering the runflats.

We have a lot of drivers using R compounds so it's difficult to get a jump on them and we also design courses with top speeds of about 50-60 mph for the fastest cars. I do check my top speed and it's spot on.

Note that in the GTR my best runs do not generate the fastest top speed. The best runs are the ones that flow well and I make no errors. Trying for a top speed that is high is folly and meaningless unless you have gobs of skill.

I also think that the way to do the best in autocross with a GTR is to upgrade suspension. Coilovers would be best and we did have one GTR using KW variant 3 coilovers with 19" RE-30 Volk wheels and Hoosier A6 tires and he often did well finishing about 5th to 10th on raw times and top 10 on PAX. That's a decent showing.

Also I think once I figure out how to drive better I will get better overall times but for me I am still learning and in my first season.

#8 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25940 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

thats awesome for 1st season... did you get any videos this season?

i think this is going to be my 7th coming up 4.5 with a 350z and 1.5 with the GT-R so far... we usually have 4-5 runs that count then if we finish up early we have "fun runs" for lik $2 a run or something.. so i average about 8-9 runs an event i usually have a passenger every time though.... we dont really have many people show up in ASP besides one guy in a BMW M coupe.

so lately ive been running what they call "time only" where i just make my runs and it counts for the overall time... we have a few guys who compete at a national level and have purpose built autocross cars and you just cant compete with that so if i end up top 10 im happy. steven ranking a autoX and subaru guru the guy who won the 1 lap of america with underpressure drove my GTR at the event before last... i think he finished almost at the very top with it..i think i was like 2 seconds off him.. he rode with me and said my lines looked real good i just tend to go into some of the turns too hot and also get carried away and get crossed up with my arms sometimes.. but besides that i feel like im getting the most out of the car i can...

basically i just show up and drive im sure if i was more patient and technical i could get alot better but its so a controlled enviroment i know that doesnt always equal the best possilbe time so im happy with where im at as long as i can stay consistant.

i think our season starts in march with a little test and tune event that doesnt count in february

no mods planned...only change im going to make next year is somehow not let my front tires get so damn hot

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#9 AutoXGTR

AutoXGTR

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6587 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:49 AM

I think it's always good to get an experienced driver to get in your car and have you watch to see how they drive. Sometimes they can beat your times even though they have very little practice in your car. Most times that is from not overdriving, taking the slow turns slow and coming out of turns faster.

I once counted on a 30 second course we turned 29 times and each turn could be done closer to the cones or more cleanly for a small gain. If you datalog and plot your progress on the course you can compare it with another driver and see where you might get ahead or fall behind (GPS). A useful tool, some drivers have this, not me.

I have let several very good drivers (three with national experience x yrs) try out the GTR in stock form. Usually I notice how they may turn in a little tighter or earlier, a slightly different line. Usually I am still beating their times by 0.5 to 1 full second at best but if they did practice more they could do better.

Biggest problem for the GTR is coming in to a tight and slow corner too fast.

Biggest benefit in a GTR is faster corner exit speed so make it count.

To get the most out of you car you need to be very smooth on brake and throttle and modulate your power just enough short of loosing traction.

The best mod for a GTR is wider than stock race wheels with decently wide R compound tires- like night and day better. By comparison, the runflats are definitely overworked easily.

I am also running the HKS resonated midpipe with stock exhaust, works fine

I really like having the Status harness to hold me in tight.

I have 5 seasons running in Street Mod class with a 230 HP MINI Cooper S, 4 seasons either Points champion or Run Off Champion or both (3). SM class is very full and very competitive. This season I have managed to do pretty well vs the SM class times but there is one driver in an older BMW M3 that can finish in the top 5 overall in raw times, his results do vary with the course.

I don't have any videos of myself on hand except for poorer quality ones. Maybe I will get a camera for the car.

Here is Cobb's GTR at autocross just for those interested-
See him power slide a bit

Also a note about the results in place per event.

You will see some variance for place and this is often because we run four heats, 2 in the morning and two after lunch. We walk the course in the morning then run shortly after so those who drive in heat one and two are watched carefully by the afternoon drivers who can walk the course again at lunch and study a bit more before they run. So the third heat is the best for me since it is fresh after walking the course and after studying the cars in the morning where they have trouble and what lines seem to be leading to the fastest times. Worst is driving in heat 1 but all other drivers in the same class are expected to run at the same time.

My region is very competitive with about 20 drivers that do consistently well and have been driving for a minimum of about 5 to 20 years. The best of the younger drivers are about 27 to 35 years old and the younger ones don't usually finish that high. Two of us are age 50-52. Some of the best results come for stock classes with Super Stock and A Stock at the top all running on race wheels and Hoosier A6 tires. I can match and sometimes beat their raw times but they have much better PAX than ASP class so I have to gain 0.5 seconds on a 30 sec course to be competitive- not easy as they are all good drivers and have very capable cars (Corvette C6, Porsche GT2, Honda S2000 CR x 2).

Edited by AutoXGTR, 20 December 2009 - 11:09 AM.

#10 AutoXGTR

AutoXGTR

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6587 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:56 AM

Post #2 updated.

I finished 1st this week but not as well as I hoped for given I have Swift Sport springs.

I'm sure the car was ready but I was not. Still driving like I have stock suspension, will have to relearn how to make the most out of my better springs and better alignment.

-2.3 degrees negative in front and -1.9 degrees in the rear and tire temperatures were OK running about 33 psi in front and 29 psi in the rear. Was a cooler day and could have lowered pressure by a little more. 80 degrees and overcast, my tire temperatures barely topped 111 degrees.

Also noted that the front end lower lip scraped the ground with all the dips we have in our course at speed. I did the same with stock suspension so no surprise it happened with a 1 inch drop.

#11 AutoXGTR

AutoXGTR

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6587 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:24 PM

Some observations.

To finish in the top 5 out of 100 drivers I need to be about 0.5 to 0.8 seconds faster depending on the course for a 30 second run.

The car is capable but I will need more training.

The Stock suspension seems too soft to keep up with the power. Perhaps I am not smooth enough on steering input and tend to throw the car around a bit too much for it's hefty 3800+ lb frame.

With the swift springs and better alignment I did not feel there was that much understeer but perhaps I was driving too slow for the course. There was probably more to gain but I was driving like I had the stock suspension since this was my first time out with the swifts.

The tire temperatures were awfully low. The day was relatively cool and hazy with high of 80 but tires were only as warm as 112 in the front and 105 in the rear for the short 30 second course. I never really felt like the tires had a chance to warm up. Usually I will see up to about 133 degrees in front. I could have lowered tire pressures a bit to help them warm up.

For optimal performance I think a stiffer coilover suspension that doesn't allow for as much weight shift would be better. But for daily driving I like what I have plus I don't have to give up my console shock settings.

Some pictures- (sorry some blurry but this is for ride height with swifts)
Posted Image
Posted Image
and later in the day it got all rainy- (it became a car control clinic)
Posted Image

#12 AutoXGTR

AutoXGTR

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6587 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:15 PM

More pics from the last event-
Posted Image
Posted Image
Ariel Atom in A modified class for the first time.

Posted Image
Elise (supercharged) in SSM class

Posted Image
Scraping the ground on swift springs (or nearly so).

#13 AutoXGTR

AutoXGTR

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6587 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

Next event for me is March 7

From the last event-
Posted Image
Pretty close to the front lower lip on hard turns but not bad on understeer with the swifts

Posted Image

#14 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25940 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

we have a test and tune event on feb 28th. this will be my first one since november

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#15 AutoXGTR

AutoXGTR

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6587 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:04 PM

we have a test and tune event on feb 28th. this will be my first one since november

I usually find that when I have a long layoff I get very rusty-
Which usually means I tend to be too timid on straights or overdrive tight turns and understeer.
The GTR has a huge performance envelope so go for it.

The key is to be as smooth as possible as this upsets the balance of the car the least, you make better use of the tires and power and wear the brakes less. hard to argue with that. The rest takes care of itself.

Good luck with your event. One thing is, in Feb the temperatures may still be fairly cool and cold rubber isn't grippy. Let the tires warm a little if needed.

#16 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25940 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:32 PM

not only havent i autoXed much since nov ive driven the car probably less than 200 miles.... but i think 6 hours of track time at our east coast track evet the week before will shake my rust off so i can do some parking lot autoX runs

yeah its still cold( or can be) around here that time of year. i remember our feb event last year was about 32 degree in freezing rain. it was pointless to even show up

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#17 DoctorJ

DoctorJ

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:56 AM

not only havent i autoXed much since nov ive driven the car probably less than 200 miles.... but i think 6 hours of track time at our east coast track evet the week before will shake my rust off so i can do some parking lot autoX runs

yeah its still cold( or can be) around here that time of year. i remember our feb event last year was about 32 degree in freezing rain. it was pointless to even show up

No fair! I have my new wheels (Volk RE30 19") & a set of Hoosiers, a new truck & car trailer and nowhere to go! The soonest I'll be able to autocross my GT-R will be April and there haven't been any events within a reasonable distance since October. Winter sucks.

You'll have a great time; the GT-R is a blast to autocross. Mine is bone stock but even on the Dunlop run flat tires I was able to put in better raw times than most of the folks I race with (I was usually in the top 25% on raw). PAX killed me but the race tires will help with that this year; the ASP PAX really sucks. If you're in a mixed class you might have to beat the others by multiple seconds to win. I was in a street tire class last season and I came in 2nd for the season because I had to run against an ES Miata. For the courses we ran I generally had to beat him by 3-4 seconds to come in first. I managed it a couple of times but for the most part it was just too much of a handicap to overcome. Last fall I was able to race a GT-R with race tires on it then do a run in my car on my Dunlops on a ~60 sec course and I was a full 3 seconds faster on the race tires. The only difference was the wheels & tires so I expect to do much better this year. Good luck and have fun!
2017 ??? Don't know yet
2006 Mazda MX5 - What a hoot!
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 & Pace 26" Car Trailer
2009 Nissan GT-R, Premium, Titanium, #184, bone stock
2002 Subaru WRX - Totaled.......

#18 AutoXGTR

AutoXGTR

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6587 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:01 AM

Update to Post #2 made

It was a great wet day.

We had rain in every heat buć it managed to stay dry enough at the end of the day so that I could make the GTR work... finally.

I added the swift springs in december and ran it for the first time in January and now it was only the second time out.

So today was only the 5th run I've done at autocross with the Swifts.

I was wet but I was OK and overall the car was controllable. My times dropped each run and I did hit a cone on run 3 but it wasn't something that I was worried about. In fact all season I hardly ever hit any cones.

So I had one last run at the end of the day on the last heat- and I was able to make the best of it and got 3rd fastest time of the day. Second was about 0.21 seconds ahead of me or about as long as a blink of an eye.

I really did not feel that much oversteer and only one tight hairpin turn gave me much understeer. I'm thinking adjustable swaybars are not really needed for me now.

I run really low tires and wheels so center of gravity is barely off the ground- I do scrape every run.

Edited by AutoXGTR, 08 March 2010 - 02:04 AM.

#19 AutoXGTR

AutoXGTR

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6587 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

Final results for the season are updated on post #2.

Overall a learning season and it took me a long time to get adjusted but I think I can be more competitive in the future.

I had to adjust from driving 5 seasons in a Front wheel drive 200 HP 2600 lb nimble car to the GTR.

Posted Image
Nearly scraping with swift springs and very low race tires and 29 psi.

With stock wheels and tires the car still understeers- despite swift springs and more front negative camber -2.4 degrees. Oversteer is improved and general handling and steering is better.

With race wheels and tires the GTR is much better with less understeer but I will scrape my lower front lip in dips on the course. So don't go too low about 25.5" tire diameter limit even with stock suspension.

Please report your season results and have fun.

Edited by AutoXGTR, 06 April 2010 - 12:37 AM.

#20 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25940 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:58 AM

in 2 weeks im doing something for the first time called a "crosstrial".. its like a step up from a regular autocross and the course is about a 90 second course on a airport runway that you make 2 consecutive passes on it per run...and its laid out more like a small road course than a autoX ( i dont think it will have slaloms or boxes or any pivots) they said its for autoXers who want to bridge into time trials and top speed for most cars last year was about 80mph so in the GTR ... who knows.. will report back how it goes. this might finally be an event the GTR can stretch its legs a little at and get into 3rd gear atleast

2017 SENTRA NISMO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users