Nissan GT-R Forum banner

GT-R running One Lap of America 2008

45K views 275 replies 47 participants last post by  tyndago 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Nice! Hopefully this happens.

Would be very cool to see a GT-R compete in the One Lap.
I agree!

I think the only way the GT-R which is essentially a new kid on the block ( at least in this country ) is going to establish it’s creed an get the respect of the racing community is by showing what it can do on a track!

#14 ·
Glad to see tirerack is on it, let's see some acceptable rims!!

#15 ·
1 2 Dodge Hennessey Viper SSGT1 BB 7:43.518 360
Chris Winkler, Rob Jones
2 1 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo SSGT1 BB 8:02.123 355
Mark DaVia, Drew Wikstrom
3 25 Chevrolet Z06 Corvette SSGT1 BB 8:07.373 350
Dan Corcoran, Kyle Corcoran
4 100 Nissan GT-R SSGT1 BB 8:11.213 345
Tony Swan, Mary Seelhorst
5 3 Mongoose GTP SSGT1 BB 8:11.271 340
Jeremy Herzberg, Danny Popp
6 22 Porsche GT3 SSGT1 BB 8:15.121 335
Peter Lier, Ian Stewart
7 16 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 SSGT1 BB 8:18.026 330
Mark Murnahan, Stephen Gerber
8 8 Ford GT SSGT1 BB 8:19.983 325
James Stowell, John Fuchs
9 27 WCM Ultralite S2K Alt Fuel 8:21.678 320
Kevin Boulton, M Harmoney
10 39 BMW E36 M3 SSGT1 SB 8:22.950 315
Catesby Jones,

#21 ·
what is wrong with the Car and Driver why folks dont have faith in them? Does this have something to do with the Gt-R?
Now that the GT-R didnt win, how is thAT disappointing? Didnt expect it to win everything
what is wrong with 4th overall? That is good considering the speeds you have to maintain in certain areas. Keep it real folks nothing is wrong with it.
Well done to all participants

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm very impressed with the results as far as how the GT-R finished. It got beat by cars that were expected to finish in the top 5 and it also beat a couple of cars that were supposed to finish in the top five like the Mongoose.

#29 ·
I wonder what excuses Heavy Chevy will come up for the GTR beating out all the participating Z06's on Road America. not to mention all of the GT3's in participation at this event.

Go Car and Driver GTR

Hammad

#31 ·
I think you need to look in the class standings. the GTR is in second place and there are a host of GT3's as well as corvettes in that class. apparently One lap of America has no modification restrictions on classes or any devisions amongst classes based on mods and level of tune. This is a stock GTR we are talking about. compared to a lot of fast cars that enter this event. you think people with stock cars will pony up 40k entrance fee and be done with it. only thing is the GTR doesn't have much if anything available to improve on its performance. so no it didn't lose and this is just the first event. im willing to bet the GTR will be in the top 3 over all.

Hammad

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
Let's not assume the GT-R's drivers are that bad. And I saw OLA at my track last year. Serious cars, but not the top drivers. Further qualifying is very limited. So it's not like a real race. If a driver knows a track well, it's a big advantage.

With that said, this was like a welterweight holding their own in the heavyweight division. Absolutely stunning performance any way you cut it!

And anyone who knows will tell you I'm no fanboi for sure.

Seriously, no one can bytch about ringers here. The GT-R should have been back in the pack. Guarantee the competition was very impressed, Nuff said.

#38 · (Edited by Moderator)
5th overall , 6th in class SSGT1 BB. Have to see how that works out.

Tomorrow is Texas World Speedway, I think they run the oval there.

After that is Lonestar Dragstrip. Drag racing and bracket racing. I expect the R35 GT-R to crush at the dragstrip. I will be suprised if its not #1 or #2 on the dragstrip time. As long as Mr. Swan can launch that thing off the launch control correctly...

Last year, the quick times were in the 11.8 range. Porsche Turbo, and a Viper. http://www.onelapofamerica.com/history/200...07&res=EV14

Bracket racing, thats um....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.