Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Nissan September sales down 37%

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Optherion 
#1 ·
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

It looks more and more likely we have just started into a recession. I predict Nissan dealers currently sitting on their GT-R high horse will soon be forced to come back down to reality, just like home builders/owners have.

KG

#6 ·
wow, Honda is down 23% and Toyota is doing even worse...

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
It looks more and more likely we have just started into a recession. I predict Nissan dealers currently sitting on their GT-R high horse will soon be forced to come back down to reality, just like home builders/owners have.
I'd like to think that, but those dealers sure are prideful. Two near me are still over MSRP, one with a car sitting for a month now at $26k over MSRP and the other with a 2009 delivery $15k over MSRP.

#9 ·
awesome, so glad im in the automotive industry... awww.... im sad now :(

#12 ·
yea... but my dealer only does new cars... we have a used car division... its been rough the last month especially

#13 ·
Well in our very near future we are seeing the banks require more down payment >2500, and seeing rates for those with average credit in the teens (650 score). We even had a bank call us back and tell us they are not going to finance the Escalade we had submitted on the app! She had to pick a car instead of an SUV! Incredible stuff.

#16 ·
its been rough, we sell new Honda's , im glad at leat our small cars sell so well like the Fit and Civic and 4 cylinder Accords.... and of course the hybrid... our Pilots/Ridgelines just sit though....

#17 ·
I know a few Dodge dealers are hurting big time. A GM who I know well said it's desperate times right now. They really are hurting for sales. So bad they even have the A/C set at 82 lol. They used to keep it 75 in the middle of summer. Doing everything to cut back.

#18 ·
#21 ·
Keep in mind this always happens in 4-6 months right before a Presidential election. People get a little freaked out by the uncertainty of it all.

The majority of economic indicators are actually very STRONG. Certain areas of the economy recently experienced record growth.

We may enter a receession but in my opinion in won't be as bad as the 'doom and gloom' the media seems to be portraying.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think a recession is what we need. While my business is doing great and I know others are having hard times, I think the younger generations that havent saved a penny need a little bit of a waking up before we bail them out lol. As for building costs. I put plans to build my house on hold. The costs of steel and concrete are astronomical. You never see that on the news cause theyre so busy talking about oil prices. Inflation is absurd right now.

It also doesnt help that most of our politicans are multi millionares and forget what living on $10 is like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.