11 replies to this topic

#1 condaGTR

condaGTR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:52 AM

I've searched and hope this isn't another "asked every week" question.  Why does a thread get locked?  I was reading a thread and wanted to comment but it has a red button reading "this topic has been locked".  

#2 alexdavis

alexdavis

SpecV Member

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3301 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

I've searched and hope this isn't another "asked every week" question.  Why does a thread get locked?  I was reading a thread and wanted to comment but it has a red button reading "this topic has been locked".  

There are more than one reason. 

Staff might want to keep the post viewable, but make a point (very small activity).  Or, Staff might feel that everything possible has been said about a particular issue, and that insults and other inappropriate things are evolving and getting out of hand (very large activity).

Perhaps there are other reasons, but always with the thought that it benefits the Site and its members.

Alexd

(who does NOT speak for all Staff)

bOeuB0b.jpg

2012 Gun-Metal GT-R Alpha 6 ([email protected]) originally tuned by Chris Black

Cobb, AAM mid-pipe, Gotboost 3", ID1000, FF manifold, 100 octane, stock DPs

Front camera, Whistler Remote, Reverse Beep eliminator, Running lights with headlights

Upgraded to Alpha 9 with MPSS tires: 9.7/148 all day

Fun to daily drive, thanks to AMS's Jacob Compton

UPDATED TO OMEGA 12

#3 condaGTR

condaGTR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

Makes sense.  Thx Alex.  

#4 gundamz44

gundamz44

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:58 AM

I am also running into this issue.  I want to ask questions on couple posts in the marketplace.  I do see others comments on the post but I just get the Post locked.  I am new to the forum and wonder if I am just too new to post.

#5 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4834 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

I am also running into this issue.  I want to ask questions on couple posts in the marketplace.  I do see others comments on the post but I just get the Post locked.  I am new to the forum and wonder if I am just too new to post.

In your case you have yet to reach the minimum 25 post requirement. Once you do the Marketplace will be unlocked for you to use.

Current Stable:
2009 R35 Premium Edition 'GDZILLA' / Ivory Pearl / Ebony / brought home Sept. 8th 2008 / weekend warrior
2006 Solstice 'EMILEY' / Olympic White / Ebony on Suede / for those 'Top Down' summer days
2014 GMC All Terrain Sierra 4x4 'C2SKYE' / Summit White / Ebony Faux Carbon Fiber / trailer hauler
1999 Vulcan Nomad 'TAZ' / Pearl Boulogne / Candy Arsenate Green / quick weekend get-a-ways
2008 Vulcan Classic LT 'PEARL' / Crystal Pearl White / Metallic Titanium / quick weekend get-a-ways for the wife
2019 Tucson Ultimate AWD 'POLRCUB' / Winter White / Ebony on Beige / Wife's daily driver
'EMILEYII' / Solstice battery powered ride on car / White / daily driver for my daughter
'GDZILLAII' / R35 GTR battery powered ride on car / White / weekend warrior for my daughter
1999 R34 Gtt Skyline / White / Ebony / Sold

#6 gundamz44

gundamz44

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:11 AM

Thanks for the reply.  

#7 bumpineclipsegsx

bumpineclipsegsx

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

I'm suffering from the same problem -- both to buy stuff and sell stuff :/

#8 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4834 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

I'm suffering from the same problem -- both to buy stuff and sell stuff :/

Again, same rule applies... you have yet to reach the minimum 25 post requirement. Once you do the Marketplace will be unlocked for you to use.

Current Stable:
2009 R35 Premium Edition 'GDZILLA' / Ivory Pearl / Ebony / brought home Sept. 8th 2008 / weekend warrior
2006 Solstice 'EMILEY' / Olympic White / Ebony on Suede / for those 'Top Down' summer days
2014 GMC All Terrain Sierra 4x4 'C2SKYE' / Summit White / Ebony Faux Carbon Fiber / trailer hauler
1999 Vulcan Nomad 'TAZ' / Pearl Boulogne / Candy Arsenate Green / quick weekend get-a-ways
2008 Vulcan Classic LT 'PEARL' / Crystal Pearl White / Metallic Titanium / quick weekend get-a-ways for the wife
2019 Tucson Ultimate AWD 'POLRCUB' / Winter White / Ebony on Beige / Wife's daily driver
'EMILEYII' / Solstice battery powered ride on car / White / daily driver for my daughter
'GDZILLAII' / R35 GTR battery powered ride on car / White / weekend warrior for my daughter
1999 R34 Gtt Skyline / White / Ebony / Sold

#9 2005vette

2005vette

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:20 AM

In your case you have yet to reach the minimum 25 post requirement. Once you do the Marketplace will be unlocked for you to use.

Good to know  - thank you for this info

#10 clubho

clubho

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:42 PM

There are more than one reason. 

Staff might want to keep the post viewable, but make a point (very small activity).  Or, Staff might feel that everything possible has been said about a particular issue, and that insults and other inappropriate things are evolving and getting out of hand (very large activity).

Perhaps there are other reasons, but always with the thought that it benefits the Site and its members.

Alexd

(who does NOT speak for all Staff)

thanks

#11 oliviergtrlife

oliviergtrlife

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:50 PM

Same here, looking to buy a car but can't message person... Will keep looking. Thx.

#12 Dreamingtr

Dreamingtr

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:56 PM

Replying to this topic to help get my post count up... 25 seems kind of high to be allowed to post in the classifieds. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users