Photo

Dealer claiming they can't pull Consult3!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zgusto

Zgusto

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:39 PM

I have been working on buying a 2017 GTR and I have one at a dealership, never titled, but driven by the owner so I am asking for the Consult3 to see launch totals and oil temp range.

New car manager "On a GTR they have basically a black box that contains the information you are looking for. Usually that information is only released to insurance companies in the event of an accident. We are contacting Nissan to try to get the code to gain access to the information you requested. Thanks for you patience"

I thought it was pretty standard procedure to be able to download launches?? Are they clueless, or hiding something?

Thanks in advance for help!

John

#2 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25956 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

the black box is an event data recorder which the GTR has but that is different than the consult III  info  which monitors temps  rpms   transmission settings  ect ect . this is what the technician accesses everytime they service your GTR. so a request for this info is simply just a print out of the screens the tech is looking at when doing the yearly performance optimization. very common

for what its worth you havent been able to track  number of launches on a  non tuned car for years.   it will show up as VDC OFF STALL START  but it will always say 0 even if its been launched  100 times on a car that has not been tuned.  the reason for this is it only records the launches when VDC is off and since 2012 when the official R mode Start was introduced as an advertised feature  a stock GTR cannot launch with VDC OFF.    so you have to use aftermarket transmission logic which is either custom or a clone of the OEM that allows higher HP cars to launch with VDC off so it makes it a mute point.

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#3 Zgusto

Zgusto

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for the help.....They just said Nissan gave them permission......maybe I will get the launch count!! lol

the black box is an event data recorder which the GTR has but that is different than the consult III  info  which monitors temps  rpms   transmission settings  ect ect . this is what the technician accesses everytime they service your GTR. so a request for this info is simply just a print out of the screens the tech is looking at when doing the yearly performance optimization. very common

for what its worth you havent been able to track  number of launches on a  non tuned car for years.   it will show up as VDC OFF STALL START  but it will always say 0 even if its been launched  100 times on a car that has not been tuned.  the reason for this is it only records the launches when VDC is off and since 2012 when the official R mode Start was introduced as an advertised feature  a stock GTR cannot launch with VDC OFF.    so you have to use aftermarket transmission logic which is either custom or a clone of the OEM that allows higher HP cars to launch with VDC off so it makes it a mute point.

#4 Zgusto

Zgusto

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:14 PM

So now I have pages and pages of consult3 plus, but I don't know what I am looking at/for lol

Would it be possible to email them to you? I'm guessing you will give it a few minutes look and say all good, but I don't see "ranges" just 126'

Thanks in advance!

John

#5 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25956 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:57 PM

So now I have pages and pages of consult3 plus, but I don't know what I am looking at/for lol

Would it be possible to email them to you? I'm guessing you will give it a few minutes look and say all good, but I don't see "ranges" just 126'

Thanks in advance!

John

sure

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users