38 replies to this topic

#21 luigib

luigib

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:18 AM

Also, the owner (I believe his name is Andy) is extremely helpful and responsive to any questions or issues you are having with the install.

#22 Jintei

Jintei

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:43 PM

I'm new here, and this is pretty much my first post.

I have an '09 usdm with the piece of shit audio system.

I will keep the head unit, not looking to replace that.

I've googled , and found one guy on youtube that has swapped out only his cd player section for a double din unit, I am planning on doing the same , and I wanted to know if anyone on here has done this?

I have a decent understanding of electrical and have no problem wiring in  a multitude of things. Can I just hi-jack all the cd player wires output going to the bose amp? because I assuming if i splice the double din unit into all the power/ground/ acc power for the cd player and output from the ddin deck to the amp, it should work yes? I'm also assuming I could use the cd player switch from the stereo and It would allow the deck to have output to the bose amp? Any thoughts on this? Thanks

- Certified Street Pirate - 

#23 spdmn75

spdmn75

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 04:52 PM

you can use the low level outputs from your 09 to a dsp. Assuming you are adding an aftermarket amo

'15 GTR FBO

'20 Civic Type R

(11 previous LS cars)

INSTAGRAM spdmn75

#24 siamnet

siamnet

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 07:40 AM

I've googled , and found one guy on youtube that has swapped out only his cd player section for a double din unit, I am planning on doing the same , and I wanted to know if anyone on here has done this?

I have a decent understanding of electrical and have no problem wiring in  a multitude of things. Can I just hi-jack all the cd player wires output going to the bose amp? because I assuming if i splice the double din unit into all the power/ground/ acc power for the cd player and output from the ddin deck to the amp, it should work yes? I'm also assuming I could use the cd player switch from the stereo and It would allow the deck to have output to the bose amp? Any thoughts on this? Thanks

Listen to "spdmn75", he knows his shit. He's put in double dins, Ipads, etc. He's re-located his A/C unit to the roof somehow.

As far as trying to re-use the factory bose amp and factory speakers...going to be a pain in the ass...not saying it's impossible. But not many (that I've read) tried to keep those and just chose to bypass and removed the factory components (I did) instead.  It will sound a hella better than factory. You can reuse existing speaker wires instead of pulling new ones from the doors to the location of the factory amp.

First why do you feel like you need a double din? Do you plan on mirroring the HU with your phone?

My current setup is a single din in the location where the CD player slot is. I do wanted a double din for Android auto play (nav from my phone). But I'm currently waiting on this guy on another GTR facebook group to finish his tablet kit that replaces the factory climate control panel. The kit will allow you to completely replace the factory climate control with an Android tablet and custom mounts. I plan on using the tablet to connect either USB/wireless to my phone and still keep my single din.

2013 GTR Black Edition - weekend - soon to be daily driver

Power Mods: SBD 700 running E85, Tune (currently with Sam Barros) Ecutek

Audio Mods:  Focal K2 3 way fronts, Arc Audio XDI 1100.5 amp, Arc Audio 10, Kicker Hideaway.

2010 BMW X3 - daily driver for now

Prior cars:

2009 GTR w/ SBD675 kit ; 2002 Porsche 911 Turbo; 2006 Porsche Cayman S; 2006 BMW M5; 2003 BMW M3; 1995 BMW M3

#25 caspros

caspros

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:50 PM

I absolutely just put in a single DIN, and hijacked the wires going to the Bose amp for inputs. Due to the fact my audio went out as it tends to do. Was super simple to do. The wiring part anyway.

#26 Simmo_32

Simmo_32

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 04:26 PM

I have fitted a double din Alpine ilx-702d to my 2009. I will have it finished in a week or so. 

Honestly not that difficult for the wiring, just like any other Nissan from 2009 haha. Just the facia and brackets you need to make are time consuming

I have also retained the steering controls using a cp2uni

Edited by Simmo_32, 04 August 2020 - 04:29 PM.

#27 spdmn75

spdmn75

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:47 PM

Double din face, single din chassis. Actual double din requires a bit of cutting. Post up some pics!

'15 GTR FBO

'20 Civic Type R

(11 previous LS cars)

INSTAGRAM spdmn75

#28 Simmo_32

Simmo_32

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:00 PM

will do, once its finished. correct, the ilx-702 is double din face but single din chassis. still enough room to fit a double din if you really wanted. the cd player that you need to keep can move back and down pretty closer to the tunnel

#29 Simmo_32

Simmo_32

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:08 PM

one pic i found on the phone

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Edited by Simmo_32, 04 August 2020 - 08:12 PM.

#30 spdmn75

spdmn75

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:14 PM

Are you mounting it on the bottom? Ac controls staying in stock location?

'15 GTR FBO

'20 Civic Type R

(11 previous LS cars)

INSTAGRAM spdmn75

#31 Simmo_32

Simmo_32

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:14 PM

only thing i am yet to work on is retaining the phone buttons. the plug is the same as most other nissan's, but not sure if the pins will be correct and then ruin something else haha. worst case with the cp2uni i can setup long press function using another button

Attached Files

#32 Simmo_32

Simmo_32

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:02 PM

thats correct spdmn75

#33 Bustabust

Bustabust

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 12:43 AM

My stock stereo bumps 🤷🏻‍♂️

#34 legertas

legertas

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 12:59 AM

My stock stereo bumps ‍♂️

I can to fix DBA or do upgrade CBA to DBA version

cba to dba.jpg  euro KM.JPG

Nissan GTR R35 2008-2010 CBA entertainment and navi upgrade to OEM DBA 2016 "HD" with 2019-2020 maps .

CBA clusters upgrade to NISMO

MO

#35 spdmn75

spdmn75

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 05:58 AM

Lol. Sure. You mean post count bumps

'15 GTR FBO

'20 Civic Type R

(11 previous LS cars)

INSTAGRAM spdmn75

#36 spdmn75

spdmn75

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 05:58 AM

Lol. Sure. You mean post count bumps

'15 GTR FBO

'20 Civic Type R

(11 previous LS cars)

INSTAGRAM spdmn75

#37 hksrb25s14

hksrb25s14

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 06:49 AM

Compared to my Lexus, the Gtr stereo, the Bose system is pretty weak or am I too afraid to crank it up. At 50% volume the bass is low to medium.

#38 spdmn75

spdmn75

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 10:46 AM

definitely designed for weight savings

'15 GTR FBO

'20 Civic Type R

(11 previous LS cars)

INSTAGRAM spdmn75