26 replies to this topic

#21 CATGTR

CATGTR

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 10:52 AM

I had my car fully wrapped with XPEL and then Ceramic Coated with the 9 layer package.  Four years later some parts of the plastic wrap have taken a beating and need to be replaced.  The properties of the Ceramic Pro (very easy to clean, looks waxed after a wash, etc) are still there after four years.  I have done the same treatment (wrap and Ceramic Pro) to several cars and they all hold up the same.  I would say that overall the XPEL or similar quality wrap will do a lot more to preserve your car than a ceramic coat.

Just a 2000+ Wheel Horsepower Street Car Built and Supported By Cicio Performance Roaming the Streets of New England

#22 Saurav90

Saurav90

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:07 PM

I got my car done for the 5 year coating I never noticed a difference in the color and the cleaning was the same as always had to rub hard with a mitten to get dirt off. Did see water bleeding tough

8NRnGw.jpg

#23 richj92

richj92

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:43 PM

Has anyone used Avalon King products for the DIY?
Anyone out there can attest to DIY vs pro application?

#24 sly tuna

sly tuna

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 09:22 AM

Ceramic coatings are difficult to remove if you try to remove it before it runs its course. Takes several steps of compounding and polishing before you remove that ceramic layer (my TE had an existing layer that I removed before re-applying). The shine and protections you get with ceramic coat is excellent. It takes some hard work (all prep work) up front if you do it yourself, but is worth it in the long run. 

I just did a paint correction and ceramic coat on my 18' TE. I ended up using Weiruixin brand off of amazon which was under $25!! Honestly the product works very well and is comparable to all the other high-end/expensive brands. I was a professional detailer for 8 years, so I have some decent background in this too.

#25 crepr12

crepr12

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 09:29 AM

Cheater...thats why your TE looks so dam good...A Pro-Detailer...lol 

50th Bayside Blue (No Stripes)

#26 sly tuna

sly tuna

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 10:35 AM

Cheater...thats why your TE looks so dam good...A Pro-Detailer...lol 

:ohsnap:  You caught me! 

#27 livinlrg05

livinlrg05

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 03:09 PM

I have full a Xpel stealth job on my car with ppf on headlights and tails too. My only real concern was trim such as around windows, wipers, engine bay surround, and other parts that fade after a bit of time.

Last year I bought a brand new Silverado z71 trail boss and gave It the whole ceramic treatment with Adams graphene. The paint looks good after 8 months, all I really need to do is a quick wash and spray down with some deionized water but the trim looked horrible after the first month. It looked 15 years old and had a white uneven film on it. The ceramic coating was coming off the trim. It looked horrible because its a black on black truck.

One day I was at Walmart and I always browsing the detailing section when I found a Cerakote brand trim restore kit. The stuff has been amazing so far. I have used Cerakote on  metal parts for guns and my motorcycles before but the trim wipes are easy to use don't require an oven and have literally made everything I have used it on look new. I used the wipes on the gtr and couldn't be happier.

Just passing along some info I've learned on the products I've used. Oh and do NOT use the mothers cmx ceramic trim that stuff is horrible.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users