125 replies to this topic

#121 ijan

ijan

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:47 PM

Superb build.... Poster material right there!

And 5 years down the road when you trade it in for $30k nobody is going to give a F*** that you licked it clean. Keep it up!

It is called the "pop and bang map" in the UK and is generally used by twats who spend most of their time racing around central London acting like dicks.

#122 Turpid Porpoise

Turpid Porpoise

Track Rat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:43 PM

Superb build.... Poster material right there!

Thanks for the kind feedback, I always appreciate it.

Even though I rewrapped the injector section of my harness and built my own harness for all of the inputs/outputs I was using, I pulled the trigger on a wiring specialties pro series harness that they are custom building to integrate the Rife sensor block, oil temp sensor(that the Haltech can use), fuel comp sensor, rotary dial and secondary fuel pump relay. I never would have been happy until the entire harness was rewrapped and labeled with properly sheathed butt connectors rather than the blue electric tape nissan used in all those locations. Wiring Specialties said 3 weeks so the waiting game begins and Im preemptively scheduling my dyno slot assuming all the work Ive done was correct and the car starts right up and will drive itself on a trailer

Edited by Turpid Porpoise, 23 July 2020 - 12:26 PM.

1. 1999 Chevrolet Corvette FRC ~ LS7-427
  2. 1991 Nissan Skyline GTR ~ Forged RB26 ~ BL6262 Turbo

#123 Turpid Porpoise

Turpid Porpoise

Track Rat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 05:02 AM

Wiring specialties harness came in a couple weeks ago and I finally got around to installing it. Last night I did the first test crank to check for leaks and issues with the harness and it passed both tests. I got strong oil and fuel pressure so the next thing I need to do is play with the Ross sensors as I wasnt getting an RPM signal. Once I sort that out it will be off to the dyno and then Ill be enjoying the car until the first snow when Ill be dropping it off at the body shop for some paint.

Edit: I have RPM signal so now I just have to set tdc offset and get to tuning.

Edited by Turpid Porpoise, 29 September 2020 - 03:56 PM.

#124 Turpid Porpoise

Turpid Porpoise

Track Rat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 08:58 AM

Got her up and running for the first time since the initial tear down and she sounds smooth despite the fact that I have to throttle it to keep it running. I'm just using a Haltech basemap for a stock RB26 at the moment with tweaks made for my injectors, coils and additional sensors so I've definitely got some work to do to stabilize the idle. 

Scheduled my tune with Moore Automotive in Gainesville, VA this morning and I'll be dropping it off on 11/11 for a full inspection prior to my tune on 11/18. There are no leaks as far as I can tell so I'm hoping they give her the go ahead and I get to make some jam on the 18th.

#125 Hellfromabove

Hellfromabove

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 11:50 AM

Looking good! Please do a video walkthrough once it's completed.

#126 Turpid Porpoise

Turpid Porpoise

Track Rat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 05:08 AM

Looking good! Please do a video walkthrough once it's completed.

Thank you. I'm usually not big on video stuff but for you guys I can make an exception.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users