• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2796 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:50 PM

Thanks, MC!
My Blog

follow me on twitter: illpayne

follow me on Instagram: illpayne

Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is.

2009 Midnight Purple 3 GTR - SOLD

1990 Gunmetal Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R

#3 CK1988

CK1988

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:28 PM

Thanks MC. 

#4 R32Squirrel

R32Squirrel

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:46 PM

Yup, thanks MC.  I do have one thing I'd like to sell.

#5 Turpid Porpoise

Turpid Porpoise

Track Rat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:22 AM

Thanks MC. It's great to be a part of a forum that listens to user requests and takes quick action.

1. 1999 Chevrolet Corvette FRC
  2. 1991 Nissan Skyline GTR
  3. 2008 Subaru STI

#6 Monster 32

Monster 32

951Zilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:11 PM

Yes!!

#7 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2234 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:09 PM

Nice addition to the site MC!

2010 Black Obsidian TSM Pro Eight R35 GT-R

1999 Midnight Purple 2 R34 GT-R V-spec
1990 Gun Metal Gray Nismo R32 GT-R

2017 Black/Red Wilier Triestina GTR SL (it's a bicycle but it's a GTR so it counts!)

Want to read about one crazy gearhead and his three GT-Rs? Check out my blog at 23GT.net !

#8 Carbon4Days

Carbon4Days

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:02 AM

Thanks MC!

#9 Greg28

Greg28

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:05 AM

This vehicle rose to fame thanks to the fast and furious movie. I don't think it is that difficult to get the pieces! Greetings and good luck! 

#10 Turpid Porpoise

Turpid Porpoise

Track Rat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:10 PM

You might be surprised how difficult it is to find certain pieces of these cars. They are 25+ years old and were never sold in this country.
  3. 2008 Subaru STI

#11 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2234 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:42 PM

This vehicle rose to fame thanks to the fast and furious movie. I don't think it is that difficult to get the pieces! Greetings and good luck! 

Lol. If you're saying that then you've obviously never owned one. I own two including a fully-restored Nismo R32 so I know just how difficult it is to find parts for these cars. They are old and were only produced in limited numbers. Please stop talking like an ignorant fanboy who thinks you can just "overnight parts from Japan" until you've had experiences like having to buy four different compressors and three different sets of AC lines from two different countries to come up with one perfectly working solution for your own car to replace parts that have been out of production for over a decade. 

2017 Black/Red Wilier Triestina GTR SL (it's a bicycle but it's a GTR so it counts!)

Want to read about one crazy gearhead and his three GT-Rs? Check out my blog at 23GT.net !

#12 R32Squirrel

R32Squirrel

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:47 PM

four different compressors and three different sets of AC lines from two different countries to come up with one perfectly working solution for your own car to replace parts that have been out of production for over a decade. 

LOL please do share how you got the A/C to work.  Luckily mine is working just fine but I heard it is a nightmare to get A/C parts.

#13 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2234 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:24 PM

LOL please do share how you got the A/C to work.  Luckily mine is working just fine but I heard it is a nightmare to get A/C parts.

Well the shop has everything put together now but I'm waiting for the AC shop they work with to recharge everything and make sure it's all totally working. The compressor my R32 had worked fine until the engine went. When the new engine got put in and we converted to R134 it started leaking badly. I got a new R34 compressor since I wanted one meant for R134 from the start but that wouldn't work with the AC lines we had. I found an NOS high side line but the R34 low side line was totally discontinued and unavailable anywhere. The shop found a used R34 compressor and we were going to scavenge the lines from that to make one working set but that compressor turned out to be for an R34 GT-T so the lines were different. Ended up using a new R33 compressor with end fittings from some S14 lines to make new custom ones. The shop was confident everything is fine now but it's been an ordeal. Never expected the AC to be this much of a problem - I thought the other stuff the shop had to work on like diagnosing a warning light on the dash and making a custom spacer for the engine fan to fit better with the aftermarket crank trigger disk would be bigger issues but those got done quick while the AC took months lol.

And now I've ended up with a spare compressor for my R34 in case I ever need one...smh lol.

#14 R32Squirrel

R32Squirrel

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:19 AM

Ahh so you were trying to convert to R134a.  There is a kit available from, of all places, Midori Seibi.  But your method may still be cheaper because this kit is expensive and so is shipping a compressor.

http://midoriseibi.c...-airconkit.html

#15 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2234 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:45 PM

Ahh so you were trying to convert to R134a.  There is a kit available from, of all places, Midori Seibi.  But your method may still be cheaper because this kit is expensive and so is shipping a compressor.

http://midoriseibi.c...-airconkit.html

I actually tried to source that kit and contacted RHDJapan to see if they could get it for me. I forgot what reason they gave but it was a no go unfortunately - I think it had something to do with it being sold on a core exchange basis only but that was a while back so I could be remembering it wrong. Would have been nice since the kit comes with a new condenser and thermostat switch that are better suited to R134.

#16 R32Squirrel

R32Squirrel

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:38 PM

I actually tried to source that kit and contacted RHDJapan to see if they could get it for me. I forgot what reason they gave but it was a no go unfortunately - I think it had something to do with it being sold on a core exchange basis only but that was a while back so I could be remembering it wrong. Would have been nice since the kit comes with a new condenser and thermostat switch that are better suited to R134.

Yeah that could very well be the reason for RHDJapan not to source it for you.  I also had RHDJapan turned me down years ago, I forgot for what part on top of my head.  This goes straight back to what you said earlier and what most of us owners know - finding parts could be very difficult at times and can't just overnight parts from Japan.

#17 Turpid Porpoise

Turpid Porpoise

Track Rat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:06 AM

Im actually in the process of plastiwelding the usefull bits of two radio trim bezels together so I can have one non cracked/broken bezel since they are virtually impossible to find.

Edited by Turpid Porpoise, 25 June 2020 - 11:28 AM.

3. 2008 Subaru STI

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users