6 replies to this topic

#1 SolomonShawn

SolomonShawn

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:10 AM

15 Black Edition sold at Barret yesterday 30k miles... $68,200 with built tranny work and axles and alleged built 3.8. Add 10% for buyer's commission and real end sale price is $75ish. omegle discord xenderPretty decent price considering you're at an auction and really might not know what all you're getting -- no test drive etc. Paint looked clean but so hard to tell in pics and vids. GotZilla? '09 Alpha9 - XONA Greens

Edited by SolomonShawn, 16 April 2020 - 09:40 PM.

#2 crocoyes6

crocoyes6

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:34 AM

Can you just bring any car to Barrett Jackson ? I was under the impression that it was only for “rareish” cars

#3 15gtrgreg

15gtrgreg

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:36 AM

You can bring in a lawn chair and they will auction it. Seriously- anything they will auction off. Any kind of car, machine equipment etc etc. The TV BJ show is just that to show rare cars so you watch it.

#4 gtrbillet

gtrbillet

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:44 AM

Not true.  I go to the Barrett Jackson Auction.  I wouldn't say they were selling lawn chairs or any kind of junk.  Maybe some of the other auction houses.

Gregg 2013 gtr premium

#5 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8214 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:17 AM

I always wanted to ask - your signature “09 Alpha 9 - xona greens” What does it mean ?
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#6 GTRonald

GTRonald

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:14 PM

Lol guess it was one of those not very well thought out signatures late one night when I created the GTR Life profile.

Just meant to briefly explains my car high level --

2009 GTR with Alpha9 mods running the Xona Rotor XR Green Turbos made by Forced Performance.

Which while i'm at it is kinda funny story because I've come full circle owning 5 "sports" cars since 2001 getting eventually to the GTR.

Each one looking for better performance and pull on the top end.

My first car was a bug eye WRX modded with yep you guessed it....

A Forced Performance 18G "Green" Turbo setup. Made 292whp. ;)

I'm old now and bought the GTR for its look somewhat as well as solid performance. Liked the A9 platform in terms of what it could deliver. Sought to find a decent used already modded A9 car. (Not built engine)

Its kinda funny too while ALOT has changed since my '02 WRX lit the fire behind the turbo import realm for me... not much has changed all that much. The mods are very similar from my WRX back then FMIC, fuel injectors, walbro pumps, intake, headers, turbo-back, catless, mbc, and a TurboXS piggyback. I even did a C02 sprayer on the front mount that was activated by the piggyback using a relay when it came on 12psi and up to 20psi.

Just add flex fuel and E85 and shit it's the same car just everything on a mega STEROID diet (lol and clearly muscle weighs more than fat... sorry my little WRX friends).

Anyways this A9 GTR I found happened to be running Green turbos from FP and looked right, drove right. So I nabbed it.

2020... The hindsight year as I like to call it. ;)

Been thru 1JZ FD3S (RX7), 2JZ MK3 Supra, and built twin turbo 350Z on meth to name the faster ones....

Still am surprised something with tiny 49mm turbos can be so dam fast! (Lol I guess there are two after all) I got "learned" on single turbo setups at first where if it ain't 60mm++ you ain't making much power with an import.

And sorry to hijack my own thread but you started it :-P

Gotzilla? -- was meant to be a silly mix on the old "Got Milk" ad and Godzilla. I guess nobody (me included) even drinks milk anymore.

More bad 2am humor from an old nerdy dude. Hey at least I get to drive a GTR! My lifes work is complete! (And yes 10:30pm is the new "2am" when you get to be as old as me in case you were wondering).

Edited by GTRonald, 02 August 2020 - 01:06 PM.

20191019_170309.jpg
Alpha9

#7 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8214 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:41 PM

Hahah love it. Excellent explanation ;) Plenty of 2am/1030pm posts for me as well ;) This is an awesome platform and really shines with turbos.
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users