Photo

Finally my fully US-legal R34 is (almost) ready to come home!

R34

77 replies to this topic

#61 SELVERGTR7

SELVERGTR7

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9450 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:28 AM

Hi. Not to open a new thread, going to ask here. I was told an R34 can be imported to several states "half legally". It means you can drive the car within your state until 2023 or whenever your car becomes 25 years old and it will be legal on federal level. Can you clarify on that?
I was quoted $20k in New York and $12k in Texas to import my R34. I am not in the USA but a guy from Texas wanted to buy my car and was quoted $12k.
My New York contact said $2k import fees if the car is 25 years old already or 20k if not.
I have 2 R34s and one R32. One R34 is a genuine GT-R, the other one is a GT-Four coupe (4WD) with all GTR gear inside.

What year is the 2 door gtr and is there a link for the for sale ad?

#62 Supertec

Supertec

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:56 AM

What year is the 2 door gtr and is there a link for the for sale ad?

https://www.facebook.../supertecracing

#63 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:45 AM

Saw a good chance for a photoshoot the other day so I woke up at a totally ungodly hour yesterday to take some better pics of my new baby. I think it turned out well :)

More pics on my blog if you want to check them out: 

http://www.23gt.net/...-of-my-r34.html

_DSC4930-Edit.jpg

_DSC4959-Edit.jpg

_DSC4976.jpg

_DSC5008-Edit.jpg

2010 Black Obsidian TSM Pro Eight R35 GT-R

1999 Midnight Purple 2 R34 GT-R V-spec
1990 Gun Metal Gray Nismo R32 GT-R

2017 Black/Red Wilier Triestina GTR SL (it's a bicycle but it's a GTR so it counts!)

Want to read about one crazy gearhead and his three GT-Rs? Check out my blog at 23GT.net !

#64 illpayne

illpayne

Dream Crusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2796 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 11:52 PM

The pics came out great! Love it!!!
My Blog

follow me on twitter: illpayne

follow me on Instagram: illpayne

Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is.

2009 Midnight Purple 3 GTR - SOLD

1990 Gunmetal Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R

#65 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:46 PM

The pics came out great! Love it!!!

Thanks Chris as always! :)

EDIT: You need to update your signature btw with the yacht lol.

Edited by GSX-R35, 23 June 2020 - 02:47 PM.

2017 Black/Red Wilier Triestina GTR SL (it's a bicycle but it's a GTR so it counts!)

Want to read about one crazy gearhead and his three GT-Rs? Check out my blog at 23GT.net !

#66 SELVERGTR7

SELVERGTR7

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9450 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:01 PM

Awesome shots

#67 ijan

ijan

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:13 PM

Wow... Amazin'

And 5 years down the road when you trade it in for $30k nobody is going to give a F*** that you licked it clean. Keep it up!

It is called the "pop and bang map" in the UK and is generally used by twats who spend most of their time racing around central London acting like dicks.

#68 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:36 PM

Awesome shots

Wow... Amazin'

Thanks! Glad you like 'em!

#69 yoojeankim

yoojeankim

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 09:27 AM

looks so awesome man! I'm one of the few that got a MNP2 as well =] mine should be arriving in October. Super stoked

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
-Dr. Seuss

#70 xirtam

xirtam

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:40 PM

Beautiful!  I'd be so nervous parking it any where but home.  Too special

2014 GT-R | Gunmetal | Premium
Gotboost 3" Intakes, ID 1000 Injectors, HKS Midpipe - EcuTek Phase 5 Tuned

#71 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:12 PM

looks so awesome man! I'm one of the few that got a MNP2 as well =] mine should be arriving in October. Super stoked

Congrats on being able to pick one up! I'm sure you can't wait until October :)

Beautiful!  I'd be so nervous parking it any where but home.  Too special

Thanks! Yeah, I've been picky about where I take it...but I'm used to that since I've been very picky with my R35 for a long time now lol.

#72 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:20 PM

_DSC5014-Edit.jpg

Well, she's finally fully legal now. Managed to get her registered with Arizona MVD finally but it wasn't easy. I thought I knew what to expect from going through the registration process with my R32 five years ago but MVD threw me a curve ball and said that Arizona specifically does not allow any imported car to be titled in the state unless it's either modified and certified to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards or it's over 25 years old. I would have thought that the letter from NHTSA allowing the car into the country as exempt from FMVSS due to its Show or Display status would have been enough to exempt me from that requirement but it was no dice for the MVD staff. After the local office talked to the main title officer though they came up with a compromise and allowed me to register the car as normal but I can't get an Arizona title yet. Until she turns 25 the Bill of Sale serves as my proof of ownership but that works for me since I don't plan to sell the car anyway. Just need to wait for the official metal plate to arrive in a few weeks to replace the temporary paper tag.

Just another weird experience in the life of a JDM car owner lol.

#73 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4717 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 06:30 PM

Well, she's finally fully legal now. Managed to get her registered with Arizona MVD finally but it wasn't easy. I thought I knew what to expect from going through the registration process with my R32 five years ago but MVD threw me a curve ball and said that Arizona specifically does not allow any imported car to be titled in the state unless it's either modified and certified to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards or it's over 25 years old. I would have thought that the letter from NHTSA allowing the car into the country as exempt from FMVSS due to its Show or Display status would have been enough to exempt me from that requirement but it was no dice for the MVD staff. After the local office talked to the main title officer though they came up with a compromise and allowed me to register the car as normal but I can't get an Arizona title yet. Until she turns 25 the Bill of Sale serves as my proof of ownership but that works for me since I don't plan to sell the car anyway. Just need to wait for the official metal plate to arrive in a few weeks to replace the temporary paper tag.

Just another weird experience in the life of a JDM car owner lol.

Totally worth it though.... IMO... 4yrs seems like forever but not really.

Such a great car.... again congrats.

Edited by Gdzilla_, 06 July 2020 - 06:31 PM.

Current Stable:
2009 R35 Premium Edition 'GDZILLA' / Ivory Pearl / Ebony / brought home Sept. 8th 2008 / weekend warrior
2006 Solstice 'EMILEY' / Olympic White / Ebony on Suede / for those 'Top Down' summer days
2014 GMC All Terrain Sierra 4x4 'C2SKYE' / Summit White / Ebony Faux Carbon Fiber / trailer hauler
1999 Vulcan Nomad 'TAZ' / Pearl Boulogne / Candy Arsenate Green / quick weekend get-a-ways
2008 Vulcan Classic LT 'PEARL' / Crystal Pearl White / Metallic Titanium / quick weekend get-a-ways for the wife
2019 Tucson Ultimate AWD 'POLRCUB' / Winter White / Ebony on Beige / Wife's daily driver
'EMILEYII' / Solstice battery powered ride on car / White / daily driver for my daughter
'GDZILLAII' / R35 GTR battery powered ride on car / White / weekend warrior for my daughter
1999 R34 Gtt Skyline / White / Ebony / Sold

#74 jalberto181

jalberto181

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:33 PM

I saw a clean white R32 GTR with low OG miles. Selling for 32k. I can't imagine what a R34 is going to be going for Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#75 Zgusto

Zgusto

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:30 PM

great thread! always wondered how to do it.

#76 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:15 PM

Totally worth it though.... IMO... 4yrs seems like forever but not really.

Such a great car.... again congrats.

Yeah, I'm good with waiting the four years to get a title as long as I'm driving her legally already. After all, I get to drive an R34 in the States legally 4 years before most people :)

And thanks again for the tip on TFX International...they did a great job transporting her from Canada, and for the cheapest rate to boot!

I saw a clean white R32 GTR with low OG miles. Selling for 32k. I can't imagine what a R34 is going to be going for Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Skylines are going for crazy money now but especially the R34s. That's partly why I jumped at the chance to buy one since I don't even wanna think about how much one's going to cost when they start hitting 25 years old!

great thread! always wondered how to do it.

If you want to read more details on how I imported her I'll be writing up a full guide on my blog once I have a chance. Unfortunately working in healthcare means COVID is keeping me busy but I'm hoping I can get started on it this weekend.

#77 GSX-R35

GSX-R35

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:23 AM

For anyone who's interested in learning about how I imported my R34 and how you can possibly do the same I made a Youtube video and started a detailed guide on my blog about it.

https://www.youtube....h?v=J1vpzblBHWA

And here's a link to part 1 of my guide on the blog:

http://www.23gt.net/...rt-law-for.html

#78 blucipher

blucipher

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 05:43 PM

Beautiful car. Just hearing it makes me want to somehow keep my R32. But damn it I want a R35 (dream car)! Keep living that best life :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users