#1 tre3478

tre3478

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:56 AM

Anyone have the info on them?

Like are they the same as regular ones?  If not what is difference?

How about fit?

I might need new front calipers - and I run carbon brakes - should I just do a regular replacement or should I look at the Nismo ones?

thanks - any info is appreciated. 

#2 Maxikeem

Maxikeem

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:54 AM

They are bigger than regular, but will bolt on to regular GT-R.

#3 tre3478

tre3478

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:24 PM

so different brake pads then?  

and bigger as in you need "different" rotors?  or if I have the RB Carbon rotors - they will work just great?

#4 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4653 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 04:44 PM

Moved to the Technical forums

Current Stable:
2009 R35 Premium Edition 'GDZILLA' / Ivory Pearl / Ebony / brought home Sept. 8th 2008 / weekend warrior
2006 Solstice 'EMILEY' / Olympic White / Ebony on Suede / for those 'Top Down' summer days
2014 GMC All Terrain Sierra 4x4 'C2SKYE' / Summit White / Ebony Faux Carbon Fiber / trailer hauler
1999 Vulcan Nomad 'TAZ' / Pearl Boulogne / Candy Arsenate Green / quick weekend get-a-ways
2008 Vulcan Classic LT 'PEARL' / Crystal Pearl White / Metallic Titanium / quick weekend get-a-ways for the wife
2019 Tucson Ultimate AWD 'POLRCUB' / Winter White / Ebony on Beige / Wife's daily driver
'EMILEYII' / Solstice battery powered ride on car / White / daily driver for my daughter
'GDZILLAII' / R35 GTR battery powered ride on car / White / weekend warrior for my daughter
1999 R34 Gtt Skyline / White / Ebony / Sold

#5 GT-R Pete

GT-R Pete

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 04:48 PM

I’m certain that the Nismo and the other models share the same calipers and rotors... there are no difference in the brakes. Lots of upgrades on the Nismo, but brakes are the same. My calipers on my Nismo look the same as other GT-Rs when I’ve been parked next to them Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 haul s

haul s

I Haul Ass

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1859 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:39 PM

They are bigger than regular, but will bolt on to regular GT-R.

Im certain that the Nismo and the other models share the same calipers and rotors... there are no difference in the brakes. Lots of upgrades on the Nismo, but brakes are the same. My calipers on my Nismo look the same as other GT-Rs when Ive been parked next to them

2020 Nismo CCB calipers are, in fact, bigger than standard GTR calipers and take a different pad. Nismo front CCB rotors are also larger.

Edited by haul s, 13 May 2020 - 08:39 PM.

🙋🏻‍♂️🚚🍑

#7 Warren-RB

Warren-RB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:42 PM

We are on top of this brand new CCB set up for Nismo 2020+.

Front carbon ceramic rotor: 410x38mm

Rear carbon ceramic rotor: 390x32mm

The calipers are 6/4 pot, larger and different from the standard ones, but the front caliper has a close top, and the hardware are rather complicated so not that ideal for track applications as the calipers must be detached from spindle for pad inspection and replacement.

We have those caliper pistons configured already, upgraded components are available for track enthusiasts.

nismo-front1.PNG

nismo-rear1.PNG

I haven't seen the brake pads yet but it looks like the front brake pad is a hanging style same as Mustang Shelby GT500 which has an adhesive in the backing plate to prevent it from moving...

Edited by Warren-RB, 19 May 2020 - 10:11 AM.

www.RacingBrake.com

#8 Warren-RB

Warren-RB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:10 AM

Why Carbon Ceramic Brakes?
  • Carbon Ceramic Brake (CCB) adds a special value onto your car.
  • It can withstand much higher braking temperature than the conventional iron.
  • CCB provides a more direct brake feeling.
  • It suffers far less from 'fading' or the reduction in braking power.
  • Substantial weight saving over iron brakes (40-50%).
  • Last a lot longer than iron brakes.
  • Literally no brake dust.
  • Weight savings of up to 50+% compared to iron brakes.
  • Improved NVH (less Noise, Vibration and Harshness).
  • Improved performance (in both wet and dry conditions).
  • Reduced brake wear – giving increased life.
  • Corrosion free.
  • Outstanding performance, even from cold.

Above are the collection of advantage over the conventional iron brake resulting from my years of research and development on CCM rotors. Statement of benefit and comparison between the two material can therefore be objective, as prior to CCM I had decades of experience in cast iron metallurgy so our opinion is not subjective like other brake suppliers who only makes iron brakes.

Brake pad development for CCM and disc refurbishment service (expect to release in summer) are part of our complete carbon ceramic brake program.

www.RacingBrake.com

#9 Warren-RB

Warren-RB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:37 AM

See this amazing weight reduction on Mustang GT500 (2020+) rotors - Converting from iron to CCB.

Front: 420x40mm

front_rotor_wt_bc2bf371f40b6764f27e9dc0c

front_ccm1_a38ff64ebe9882b401689a3d9c4f2

front_ccm_2bf84ec5a1d7e37dbde4693df5884c

Rear: 370x30mm

rear_rotor_wt_e55b15aa3438cd7d3774528742

rear_ccm_759c7874676ebdc79bd86f885edd873

This GT500 front rotor (420x40) is the largest and heaviest (43 lbs) one we ever handled, so is the front CCM rotor which is the largest and heaviest one (19 lbs) we ever built for any motorsports car in history.

Both are holding the record in the size and weight in the brake industry.

www.RacingBrake.com

#10 tre3478

tre3478

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:26 AM

Strange they would have a closed top - wow what a pain  lol 

#11 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8498 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:44 AM

We are on top of this brand new CCB set up for Nismo 2020+.

Front carbon ceramic rotor: 410x38mm

Rear carbon ceramic rotor: 390x32mm

The calipers are 6/4 pot, larger and different from the standard ones, but the front caliper has a close top, and the hardware are rather complicated so not that ideal for track applications as the calipers must be detached from spindle for pad inspection and replacement.

We have those caliper pistons configured already, upgraded components are available for track enthusiasts.

nismo-front1.PNG

nismo-rear1.PNG

I haven't seen the brake pads yet but it looks like the front brake pad is a hanging style same as Mustang Shelby GT500 which has an adhesive in the backing plate to prevent it from moving...

Thanks for the info Warren. That's definitely a a pain in the ass for pad swap.

ps. I just replaced my RB sintered pads with some RB street pads. And i ordered some RB brake pistons since one of my oem ones was separated into two pieces!

Edited by Wicked, 21 May 2020 - 11:47 AM.

Redemption 2.0 Tuned by Ben Linney = Smooth as Fawk!!
Switzer 90mmSS Exhaust = Loud as Fawk!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users