Mystery Sound-2015 Base GT-R
Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:48 PM
1) This sound only occurs between 16-24 mph
2) it is not gear specific it occurs in gears 1-4 and N
3) If the brake is applied lightly (without slowing the car) sound stops. Lift off the brake and as long as the car is within 16-24 mph range it resumes
4) It goes away immediately and does not return, at least to 1XX mph
5) it is pretty loud within and outside the car
6) Nissan GT-R cert mechanic adjusted the clutch, and replaced the LR wheel bearing. No difference. Apparently they can replicate the sound on the road but not on the lift. I can replicate the sound 90%+ of the time by staying in the mph range above.
7) I have owned the car since Feb. Unknown mod history
8) Recording attached.
Thanks for helping a newbie.
Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:50 PM
2nd attempt to attach recording.
Edited by tblincoe, 27 June 2020 - 08:47 PM.
Posted Yesterday, 06:20 AM
your tires 100% check to see if u have any cupping wear. the car probably been tracked and Im assuming your running Michelin
Edited by Saurav90, Yesterday, 06:23 AM.
Posted Today, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the reply.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users