8 replies to this topic

#1 Geno88

Geno88

Nismo Owners Car Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1764 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:53 AM

Hey to all cruisers out there. So what's going on lately with cops/tickets & enforcement?

Still getting hammered with exhaust tickets? state ref?

Looking to do some cruising and wanna know what to look out for.

2016 GTR Nismo
1969 Camaro RS/SS
2018 McLaren 720S
2018 Infiniti Q50S

#2 Threewhitelights

Threewhitelights

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:27 AM

Got nothing out here in Santa Clarita yet (knock on wood). Unknowingly did a hard pull to 60 right in front of a cop in a 45 zone and didn't even get looked at twice. I think it is area specific. Had I done that in Glendale, I probably would've gotten impounded, arrested, and a felony weapons charge somehow lol.

Also, I have a buddy who has 4" exhaust (catless mids, non-resonated) running his pretty hard out here with no issues.

Edited by Threewhitelights, 29 June 2020 - 09:29 AM.

#3 houseflyR

houseflyR

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:10 AM

They've been enforcing excessive noise / speed on PCH throughout South OC (Newport Coast, Laguna, etc) on weekends.  There's been quite a bit more cruising happening due to COVID - so communities have been filing multiple complaints to local law.  Head's up if you plan on heading down to OC.

#4 StocktonBomb

StocktonBomb

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:44 AM

Never had a problem here in San Diego with CHP. Last time I got caught speeding I thought I was gonna go to jail. I slowed down once I saw the officer. I was getting ready to just pull over before he even put his lights on, I knew I was caught. Luckily he just pulled up next to me on the highway, got on his megaphone, and said "SLOW. DOWN." so I did. Never had any issues with exhaust or having loud cars either. Where I'm at, I think you need to be pretty reckless to get a ticket for exhaust.

Edited by StocktonBomb, 29 June 2020 - 10:45 AM.

#5 Beast714

Beast714

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1131 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:37 PM

just dont go to the hot spots area , :) low key canyons are only way  :thumbsup:

2016 GTR  Deep Blue Pearl & 2012 ISF 

#6 Geno88

Geno88

Nismo Owners Car Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1764 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:11 PM

Got nothing out here in Santa Clarita yet (knock on wood). Unknowingly did a hard pull to 60 right in front of a cop in a 45 zone and didn't even get looked at twice. I think it is area specific. Had I done that in Glendale, I probably would've gotten impounded, arrested, and a felony weapons charge somehow lol.

Also, I have a buddy who has 4" exhaust (catless mids, non-resonated) running his pretty hard out here with no issues.

GTR OWNERS LIVES MATTER!!! Glendale has always been not so nice to say the least.

They've been enforcing excessive noise / speed on PCH throughout South OC (Newport Coast, Laguna, etc) on weekends.  There's been quite a bit more cruising happening due to COVID - so communities have been filing multiple complaints to local law.  Head's up if you plan on heading down to OC.

Thanks for the heads up.

Never had a problem here in San Diego with CHP. Last time I got caught speeding I thought I was gonna go to jail. I slowed down once I saw the officer. I was getting ready to just pull over before he even put his lights on, I knew I was caught. Luckily he just pulled up next to me on the highway, got on his megaphone, and said "SLOW. DOWN." so I did. Never had any issues with exhaust or having loud cars either. Where I'm at, I think you need to be pretty reckless to get a ticket for exhaust.

I hope you went right afterwards and bought LOTTO. you probably could have won. it's good to have luck on our sides sometimes.

just dont go to the hot spots area , :) low key canyons are only way  :thumbsup:

yes sir, trying to find the hot spots to stay away.

2016 GTR Nismo
1969 Camaro RS/SS
2018 McLaren 720S
2018 Infiniti Q50S

#7 jhammergtr

jhammergtr

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:14 PM

Agree with Canyons, just stay on your side if the road. PCH has lots of enforcement, stay cool when around pedestrians, bicycles, and 30mph zones Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
2009 GT-R Red
FBO 91/E85
570/620 whp mustang dyno

#8 livinlrg05

livinlrg05

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:58 AM

Hey to all cruisers out there. So what's going on lately with cops/tickets & enforcement?

Still getting hammered with exhaust tickets? state ref?

Looking to do some cruising and wanna know what to look out for.

Let's go test the limit!!!

#9 Geno88

Geno88

Nismo Owners Car Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1764 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:51 AM

Let's go test the limit!!!

You my friend are amazingly fast!

2016 GTR Nismo
1969 Camaro RS/SS