27 replies to this topic

#1 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 11:15 AM

For those that have them or those that sell them, I am looking at the Fore Innovations triple module. I am trying to understand the connections and requirements.

https://www.foreinno...ct_p/34-900.htm

What I would like to do is buy the module, the FC3 controller and install all 3 pumps, however I will not need the 3rd one for some time, is there a way to not wire in ( I understand the controller uses an aux input signal for the 3rd pump, like a hobbs or something so I assume just dont give it signal) the third pump externally (I dont much enjoy playing around in the fuel tank so I want to put it in once and forget about it) but keep it all ready to go in tank.

Also what is needed if I get the FC3 controller plus wiring (+$249 option) I see other options for pigtails for the FC3, do I need those to or does the "kit" come with it?

Also I see that the hat uses -6 and -8 AN fittings, my understanding is that for a while the stock lines will be fine (motor and turbos wont come till probably april) so can I just get a -6 and -8 AN to fuel fitting adapter (what size? 3/8?, 5/16?)  and use the stock lines for now?

Edited by Bit_Pirate, 28 July 2020 - 12:34 PM.

#2 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8804 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 11:54 AM

Yes you can downsize to 8AN feed and 6AN return and use efi fittings.

Also I would suggest using the JV hard wiring kit designed for use with the fore triple rather than the FC3.

Redemption 2.0 Tuned by Ben Linney = Smooth as Fawk!!
Switzer 90mmSS Exhaust = Loud as Fawk!!

#3 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:27 PM

Thank you, noted. I see the hat comes with -10 and -8 sorry, not sure where I got 8 and6 from before , do you know the size of the EFI fittings on the GTR, I come from the LS world, new to nissan sizing.

Edit: I See it comes without the 90 fittings in the top of the hat, you get to choose those .. okay that makes better since .. I see how I can adapt it now. and this is the hardwire kit you are referring correct?

https://www.visconti...mp-hardwire-kit

Edited by Bit_Pirate, 28 July 2020 - 12:46 PM.

#4 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:02 AM

More questions, so this is getting a bump.

Right now my plan is the Fore Triple pump with the stock fuel line adaptors and the check valve, also running an aftermarket FPR ( Magnafuel 9950 1:1)

My question is, what adapters will be needed to make all of this work, is there a way to put all of this inline with the stock fuel lines, or should I just bite the bullet and run at least a new feed line ( to fit the check valve) I have the GB Flex kit in the return already and I plan to just adapt the fpr in with an fittings before that sensor, but what about the factory regulator, what is needed to disable / bypass that?

#5 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9340 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:18 AM

Why not a brushless setup ? Super quiet and no heat. Stock tank feed and return lines good for 1500+/-. Doing rails?
Cicio Performance billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, Zenith R turbos, Cicio wet sump oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid, down pipe, race FMIC, STM titanium axle back, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears, DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : more AMS motors than anyone I know - Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#6 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:49 AM

I dont mind doing rails, but my goal is to stay away from 12 injector. I know you have commented on several of my other post, I am putting a "sleeper" ish build together and want to stay away from things that say "he makes over 1200" as soon as you pop the hood, like 12 injector setups do.

Well, to be honest I find it to fall into the category of most AMS products, over engineered and thus over priced for my use case.

Edited by Bit_Pirate, 13 January 2021 - 09:34 AM.

#7 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:04 AM

deleted

Edited by Bit_Pirate, 13 January 2021 - 09:33 AM.

#8 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Shop

• Vendors
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:34 AM

Okay I have looked at it long enough .. you sold me .. I will probably now do the single brushless in phase 1 of my build, although I do think its loses its "value" proposition when going to the dual pump for 1200+HP as its now ~$1000 more than the competition but I like the flexibility ... How is this with the long cranking issue, still need the check valve or no?

Also: aftermarket FPR questions still stand, or is that somehow managed in the fuel system software, I see it can trigger stages based on MAP, also pressure?

Edit: eww just saw its 1200 on race gas and only 800 on e85, value prop drops yet agian, I can do that on my current drop in system ..

Hey Buddy,

I can help you with your questions.

What is your ultimate power goal?

1200whp is easily doable with a 6 injector setup if that is the end goal.

We use a lot of the Fore triple systems on a majority of our builds with great success. While the brushless technology is awesome we haven't found a tried and true brushless system as of yet that is problem free.

You will need to run a FPR as well for this type of setup and power level just a heads up. We use the Fore FPR and have had great success with it.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew Pasik

Sales | Cicio Performance

Phone: 678.297.7770 ext 106

http://www.cicioperformance.com

49579549671_a4d8b9958b_z.jpg

#9 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:39 AM

Hey Buddy,

I can help you with your questions.

What is your ultimate power goal?

1200whp is easily doable with a 6 injector setup if that is the end goal.

We use a lot of the Fore triple systems on a majority of our builds with great success. While the brushless technology is awesome we haven't found a tried and true brushless system as of yet that is problem free.

You will need to run a FPR as well for this type of setup and power level just a heads up. We use the Fore FPR and have had great success with it.

Thanks

Andrew

Thank you,

I have modified my post, so you caught and responded to a serious of unfinished thoughts. I already have the brand new magnafuel which is why I was just going to use it. I have also looked at the Fore FPR as I saw your (Cicio performances) recommendation in another thread while researching.

Phase 1 goal = sub 800 wtq ( so im guessing ~1k-1100whp) but the main goal for this phase (aka this year) is to not have to remove the Motor again, this will be limited by the stock trans internals with most likely just clutch and basket upgrades this year.

although I plan to do all of the work myself I would like to get the engine and turbo kit in now for the phase 2 goal (next year) which will be in the 1350-1400 whp range, basically up to whatever the limit is I can do on 6 injectors. I am waiting to hear the announcement on the new Prime turbos ... hint hint ...

Edited by Bit_Pirate, 13 January 2021 - 10:05 AM.

#10 [email protected]

[email protected]

R32 Member

• Vendors
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:49 PM

As Andrew had mentioned we can put together a complete fore triple fuel system with fc3 controller if you wish to do so.

That way any and all fittings will be provided and eliminate any confusion there.

We highly recommend the fc3 controller to hardwire the pumps as we have seen quite a few failures from other setups. 

We typically run one 485 pump as the primary and then two 525s as the secondary pumps. 

This pump setup on a stock feed line and six ID1700s will be enough for 1300+hp.

As long as the remainder of the supporting mods are there as well. (Engine, trans, turbos, intercooler etc)

In regards to the new turbo kits stay tuned as there will be some updates being posted during and after GT-R World Cup ;)

~Jan

-Cicio Performance ELITE Prime-R Stock Frame Turbo World Record [email protected]
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Record 209 MPH ELITE Prime
-Cicio Performance Shop Car [email protected]
-Fastest Customer ETS Pro2100 [email protected]
-Standing Half Mile 225.9MPH ETS Pro2100
-Standing Half Mile 219.5MPH ETS Pro1700

49579043688_2d8856be3d_z.jpg

Call: 757-550-4485
[email protected]
cicioperformance.com
-AWD Dyno Tuning
-Build Packages / Parts / Sales / Service

#11 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:52 PM

In regards to the new turbo kits stay tuned as there will be some updates being posted during and after GT-R World Cup ;)

::Patiently Waiting :: I also read into that a little bit, so i'll be watching the classes even more intently now for WC.

Jan you have my email from quote #722, mind following up with the fuel system quote as you recommend?

#12 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:55 PM

Going to bring this back up.

Ended up finding a triple pump setup second hand that came with the fc3 so I will be using that, I have the pumps and hat installed, but as it came second hand I dont have any of the documentation from Fore, and I suspect they dont outline how to wire the triggers for you (maybe im wrong here).

What wires are spliced to get the signals required to trigger the pumps. There are 2 connectors on the stock hat, from what I can tell the 5 pin has the fuel level sensor, and temp sensor on the bottom 3 wires with a common ground, and the top 2 wires are for the primary fuel pump ( run from the FPCU located just beside the pump access) and the other connector is a 2 pin which comes from the secondary pump relay located in the trunk.

It is as simple as cutting those connectors off (or splicing into the wires before the connector) and wiring them to the FC3, using the + wires as the signal for the primary and secondary pump triggers on the FC3?

Will this give a code that needs to be disabled as it will no longer allow feedback from the pumps to the ECM, or is there a way around that?

#13 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8804 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:16 AM

C

Going to bring this back up.

Ended up finding a triple pump setup second hand that came with the fc3 so I will be using that, I have the pumps and hat installed, but as it came second hand I dont have any of the documentation from Fore, and I suspect they dont outline how to wire the triggers for you (maybe im wrong here).

What wires are spliced to get the signals required to trigger the pumps. There are 2 connectors on the stock hat, from what I can tell the 5 pin has the fuel level sensor, and temp sensor on the bottom 3 wires with a common ground, and the top 2 wires are for the primary fuel pump ( run from the FPCU located just beside the pump access) and the other connector is a 2 pin which comes from the secondary pump relay located in the trunk.

It is as simple as cutting those connectors off (or splicing into the wires before the connector) and wiring them to the FC3, using the + wires as the signal for the primary and secondary pump triggers on the FC3?

Will this give a code that needs to be disabled as it will no longer allow feedback from the pumps to the ECM, or is there a way around that?

Contact Justin at Fore and he may just send you the info you need.

#14 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:06 PM

Well I tried to call them this morning, and it said all support is done via email now, so I sent an email ..

#15 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 04:08 PM

No joy, they sent me the info they have but it's all generic, nothing specific to the gtr. Someone here has this installed and can take a pic or something I hope.

#16 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8804 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 12:49 PM

Post up a pic of the controller.

#17 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:19 PM

Here is a pic of the hat, fc3 controller and stock plugs.

On the 5-pin, the bottom 3 are for the level sensor, the temp sensor and a shared ground, those I connected via the 3 extra wires in the fore hat, and I'm fairly confident about those.

The two top wires in the 5-pin are power and ground for the primary fuel pump controlled by the fpcu. I used the (tan +) wire to trigger signal to the primary pump on the fc3.

The other factory plug is a 2 pin on the top of the stock hat. This is power and ground from the factory secondary pump solenoid located in the trunk, I was going to trigger the second and 3rd fore pumps (they share a signal source in the fc3) using the brown (+) wire from this harness. I think this will work fine, but I'm concerned about the dreaded secondary pump error mil due to no signal or feedback to the computer when triggered this way.

Does anyone have a pic of how theirs is wired, I feel like a good portion of people run this setup, but info is really hard to find.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20210409_203803_resize_40.jpg
  • IMG_20210409_203721_resize_50.jpg
  • IMG_20210409_203725_resize_44.jpg
  • IMG_20210409_203828_resize_34.jpg

#18 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:32 PM

Bueller ... Bueller .. 

#19 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8804 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:40 PM

Here is a pic of the hat, fc3 controller and stock plugs.

On the 5-pin, the bottom 3 are for the level sensor, the temp sensor and a shared ground, those I connected via the 3 extra wires in the fore hat, and I'm fairly confident about those.

The two top wires in the 5-pin are power and ground for the primary fuel pump controlled by the fpcu. I used the (tan +) wire to trigger signal to the primary pump on the fc3.

The other factory plug is a 2 pin on the top of the stock hat. This is power and ground from the factory secondary pump solenoid located in the trunk, I was going to trigger the second and 3rd fore pumps (they share a signal source in the fc3) using the brown (+) wire from this harness. I think this will work fine, but I'm concerned about the dreaded secondary pump error mil due to no signal or feedback to the computer when triggered this way.

Does anyone have a pic of how theirs is wired, I feel like a good portion of people run this setup, but info is really hard to find.

I made my own hard wire kit which initially was for my custom dual walbro set up in a stock basket. I'm now using it on a the fore triple till the custom billet hat is made.

Get me a clearer pic of the controller so I can help.

Edited by Wicked, 13 April 2021 - 02:42 PM.

#20 Bit_Pirate

Bit_Pirate

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:03 PM

The controller is just a set of solid state relays, I have the power and ground figured out I just need to know what to use for signal wires to turn in the primary and then the secondary 2 pumps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users