2 replies to this topic

#1 IILambofGodII

IILambofGodII

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:09 PM

Called Cobb yesterday and wanted to do a Stage 3 on a 2015.  They said I don’t need downpipes.  Need all catted fo pass emissions.  What say you?

#2 IILambofGodII

IILambofGodII

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:10 PM

Exhaust, intercooler, midpipe, intake, catback 1300x2 injectors and fuel pumps.

#3 GTRonald

GTRonald

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:38 PM

Thinking it depends where you live and what your emissions laws are like.

Catless will be quite a challenge for any emissions rules that have squares checking under your car with a mirror for a bulge in the exhaust that would represent a catalytic converter.

Most also plug into your car's OBDII diagnostic computer to find if all is as it should be with exhaust operation and emissions. ANY check engine lights or flags for issues in the computer will likely cause a failure. Rules on what you have to do in order to pass again vary by state, county, etc.

In Ohio in my county if you own another car titled in your name you can apply for collector's license plates for your "extra" car and be Emmissions check exempt. Just one county over from me they have no emissions check whatsoever. It's really dumb. Years ago the rule was more stringent and to get collectors plates the car had to be pre-1990 and of limited production run, or you could submit receipts for $5000+ modifications and photos and a letter explaining why and the OH DMV review board would determine if you could qualify for collector's plates. In my county that is/was the only way you could get a car registered that had a race style exahust.

Find out about the rules where you live or you can easily end up with a car you struggle to get registered after substantial mods.

Just my thoughts on topic.
20191019_170309.jpg
Alpha9

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users