5 replies to this topic

#1 ADVNTURR

ADVNTURR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:58 PM

I recently had the dreaded ABS/VDC Malfunction warning come up on my 2011 at a track day. I did the standard check of brake fluid and battery/chassis ground before doing a scan with EcuTek and getting the C1111 code. After a failed pump recalibration and some time searching thru the forums I decided to take the hit and order a new 2015+ ABS module to replace mine. Before replacing my pump I did a quick search for a DIY and didn't immediately come up with anything so I figured I would put together a video in case anyone wants to see what is involved before diving in themselves.

A couple of quick notes:

• This is not a difficult swap, if you know how to bleed brakes you are more than capable of doing this yourself
  • This was my first attempt at a How-To video so some of the camera angles weren't great and I realize now that I say "um" too much, so apologies in advance

Here's the video:

Hope it helps someone.

2011 Gunmetal Grey GTR Premium - Built motor and JT Drag 800 transmission

2005 Red 350Z - TT'd (~420whp) Track Car

2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R - Daily

#2 Extzy

Extzy

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 08:24 PM

This would of been super helpful a year ago lol... So glad you made this for future reference. The only thing I found online was in Japanese.. Great job! 

2010 GMG Nissan GT-R

#3 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8662 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:37 AM

I recently had the dreaded ABS/VDC Malfunction warning come up on my 2011 at a track day. I did the standard check of brake fluid and battery/chassis ground before doing a scan with EcuTek and getting the C1111 code. After a failed pump recalibration and some time searching thru the forums I decided to take the hit and order a new 2015+ ABS module to replace mine. Before replacing my pump I did a quick search for a DIY and didn't immediately come up with anything so I figured I would put together a video in case anyone wants to see what is involved before diving in themselves.

A couple of quick notes:

• This is not a difficult swap, if you know how to bleed brakes you are more than capable of doing this yourself
  • This was my first attempt at a How-To video so some of the camera angles weren't great and I realize now that I say "um" too much, so apologies in advance

Here's the video:

Hope it helps someone.

Nice work!

Redemption 2.0 Tuned by Ben Linney = Smooth as Fawk!!
Switzer 90mmSS Exhaust = Loud as Fawk!!

#4 Evox

Evox

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 06:29 AM

Good work, ADVNTURR! Thanks for the video!

I found it quite useful for future reference!  :wink:

#5 Chadb

Chadb

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 07:04 AM

Might have to replace mine in my 09 with 15K. Tried to shut off the code with my cobb last night and didn't work. Any other suggestions?

#6 ADVNTURR

ADVNTURR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 07:14 AM

Good work, ADVNTURR! Thanks for the video!

I found it quite useful for future reference!  :wink:

For your bank account's sake I hope you never need to look at the video again. It was at least easy to do.

Might have to replace mine in my 09 with 15K. Tried to shut off the code with my cobb last night and didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Assuming you have already checked your brake fluid level and your battery and chassis side ground connections you can try to do a pump calibration once or twice to see if it will calibrate and clear. I'm unfortunately not very familiar with COBB so I don't know where to tell you to look in their software.

2011 Gunmetal Grey GTR Premium - Built motor and JT Drag 800 transmission

2005 Red 350Z - TT'd (~420whp) Track Car

2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R - Daily

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users