Photo

Cicio Performance C800 "Plus" Build

Cicio Gateway C800 Track Edition ETS

27 replies to this topic

#1 Kama_Supra

Kama_Supra

Posted 29 August 2020 - 10:42 AM

Hey guys, thought I’d share my recent experience of a mild build with the Cicio Performance C800 package. 

My car is a 2014 GTR Track Edition which I bought five years ago.  I wanted the Track Edition after reading in MotorTrend (remember them?) that it went 0-60 in 2.7 seconds!  To top it off, there were only 150 made for the US, came with ducting in the front spoiler to aid brake cooling, had a stiffer suspension, and no rear seats.  I think it was a whopping 6 pounds lighter than the Black edition. LOL.

I looked on AutoTrader and couldn’t find anything locally and kept expanding my search to nation-wide.  I finally found a black one and a blue one in Dallas which were bone stock and low-mileage one-owner cars.  I flew to Dallas (from VA) and test drove them both and bought the black one (all my cars are black, btw).  The dealership shipped the car to me and I had it in my garage the next week.

I don’t think of cars as investments and I drive them when I can which is less than 1,500 miles a year for the toys.  A part of me wanted to keep the car stock because it is so capable in stock form but another part wanted to start modifying it.  I used to have a 1998 Toyota Supra Turbo 6-speed (in black, of course) and I see the crazy prices now for a bone stock example.  But the other side won out…blame it COVID. LOL.

The car had less than 10k miles and was well maintained so I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go FBO, upgraded turbos, or a big build.  As you guys know the price goes up quickly if motor and/or tranny are involved. I did a lot of research and talked to a few shops and decided on a turbo upgrade keeping the motor and transmission stock.

I spoke to Nathan Cicio and got comfortable that their C800 package would be the right choice for me.  I looked at a variety of dyno charts and loved how quickly it made torque and keep it nearly flat throughout the RPM range and also how the HP didn’t drop off at redline.  Cicio Performance had a sale on this package so the decision got easier.

Nathan introduced me to Jan Buhler who is the general manager of their North Shop in VA.  While the C800 package had a list of supporting mods, I wanted to “over build” because I wanted the flexibility to go bigger without having to replace a bunch of parts down the road.  These guys were super helpful in steering me in the right direction without selling me on stuff I didn’t need (for now at least).  Picking a quality shop that has the necessary experience, customer service, will stand behind their work (1-year warranty) and is well regarded in the industry was important to me. And having an excellent in-house tuner who can extract the performance of the build in a safe and reliable manner.

The original plan was to drop off the car with Jan over the 4th of July as my family was going to the Outer Banks for a couple of weeks.  Car would be done by the time our vacation ended and I’d drive back with them to northern Virginia.  Unfortunately, due to COVID the Gateway turbos were back ordered and they couldn’t give me a date when they’d be available as this is an industry-wide problem.  I dropped the car off with Jan because I didn’t want to make an extra 3.5 hour drive when the turbos were ready.

But before handing him the keys to my car, I got a ride in his “2SOONJR” Elite Prime-R monster.  We got on the highway and did some pulls and that thing was a freaking freight train.  I’ve never experienced acceleration like that in a road car before!!  Unbelievable what this GTR platform supports these days.

I’d keep checking in with them and they eventually got the turbos.  And he recommended upgrading the turbo inlets…but you guessed it, they were on backorder as well.  Cornflakes without the milk. LOL. But this story has a happy ending.  

Here are the non-standard items which I augmented the C800 build with:

·      GotBoost 3” Turbo inlets (Cicio Performance spec)

·      ETS Exhaust

o   3.5” V-band DP

o   3.5” – 4” V-band Mid-pipe

o   4” SS Exhaust w/mufflers

o   SS slash cut exhaust tips (Cicio Performance spec)

·      ETS 3.5” Air Intakes

·      ETS Race Intercooler & piping kit

·      Tial Q BOVs

·      Cicio Performance oil catch can

·      Cicio Performance coolant expansion tank

·      Oil filter upgrade kit w/WIX filter

·      Misc. maintenance (fluid changes, spark plugs, alignment, etc.)

·      Power-coated parts in wrinkle black

As I stated, the car was bone stock and I wanted a baseline dyno run.  Same dyno but different days over a 6-week period:

·      Stock: 483WHP & 470WTRQ

·      Gateway on Pump: 706WHP & 579WTRQ

·      Gateway on E85: 812WHP & 623WTRQ

I picked up the car last weekend after much anticipation.  Jan was kind enough to open up the shop for me on a Sunday even though they were closed.  He walked me through the COBB maps, catch-can drain procedure, and a few other things I don’t remember anymore ;-)

It was getting late and we had to hit the road to avoid Sunday traffic back to northern Virginia. On the highway the car accelerated like never before and the spool was close to stock but way stronger from 4k RPM onwards.  It was a 95F degree day and it just kept pulling to redline.  I had used stock Dunlop tires so no point in trying a launch.  And before long we hit a ton of traffic so I just cruised back home.  Unfortunately, I don’t have any Dragy data to share but hope to update before too long.

In summary, I’m glad I went with Cicio Performance as the build easily met my expectation.  The process definitely exceeded expectation as these guys are professionals and customer service is part of their brand. When I got home, I put the GTR on the storage lift.  Apart from the huge SS exhaust pipe, the underside of the car looks stock.  Every bolt and rubber grommet/cover was replaced.  No missing parts.  I appreciate that attention to detail which I know we all expect when we hand our car keys to someone else.

Anyway, sorry for the long read but wanted to share my experience on this forum.

IMG_3857 (jpeg).jpg IMG_3890 (jpeg).jpg IMG_3891 (jpeg).jpg IMG_3889 (jpeg).jpg Noel Samuel Dyno Graph.jpeg IMG_3615 (jpeg).jpg IMG_0703.jpeg IMG_3358 (jpeg).jpg

#2 droptopp

droptopp

Posted 29 August 2020 - 11:34 AM

Congrats and looking good !!! Enjoy ;)
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#3 Kama_Supra

Kama_Supra

Posted 29 August 2020 - 12:47 PM

^^ Thanks!

A few more pics of the build.

IMG_3791.jpg IMG_2498.jpg IMG_3790.jpg IMG_3755.jpg IMG_3757.jpg IMG_3756.jpg IMG_3752.jpg IMG_3751.jpg IMG_3789.jpg IMG_3892.jpg

#4 SELVERGTR7

SELVERGTR7

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:18 PM

Congrats on the new build!!

#5 ijan

ijan

Posted 29 August 2020 - 08:35 PM

Very nice!!

And 5 years down the road when you trade it in for $30k nobody is going to give a F*** that you licked it clean. Keep it up!

It is called the "pop and bang map" in the UK and is generally used by twats who spend most of their time racing around central London acting like dicks.

#6 Kama_Supra

Kama_Supra

Posted 29 August 2020 - 08:53 PM

Thanks guys.  Looking forward to sharing some Dragy results soon!

#7 archan

archan

Posted 30 August 2020 - 12:29 AM

Very nice!

#8 WideRide

WideRide

Posted 30 August 2020 - 07:21 AM

Really nice stuff. Enjoy!

#9 shawnb86

shawnb86

Posted 30 August 2020 - 07:16 PM

sick car and well written write up! i have a 16 BE new in the nova area, let me know if you know of any meets. would love to see it in person Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 Kama_Supra

Kama_Supra

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:10 PM

I believe there is another Gateway in the NOVA area.  Would be great to meet up Katie's C&C when they open up again!

I should mention stock tires suck on this setup!! LOL

Got wheels but need tires to take advantage of the TRQ of this setup.  Advans in Dark Bronze Metallic.  Waiting for R888Rs which appear to be on back order nationwide.

IMG_3795.jpeg

#11 droptopp

droptopp

Posted 31 August 2020 - 08:12 AM

Give STM a call last time I stopped out they had a couple sets of R888.
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#12 [email protected]

[email protected]

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:26 AM

Hey guys, thought I’d share my recent experience of a mild build with the Cicio Performance C800 package. 

My car is a 2014 GTR Track Edition which I bought five years ago.  I wanted the Track Edition after reading in MotorTrend (remember them?) that it went 0-60 in 2.7 seconds!  To top it off, there were only 150 made for the US, came with ducting in the front spoiler to aid brake cooling, had a stiffer suspension, and no rear seats.  I think it was a whopping 6 pounds lighter than the Black edition. LOL.

I looked on AutoTrader and couldn’t find anything locally and kept expanding my search to nation-wide.  I finally found a black one and a blue one in Dallas which were bone stock and low-mileage one-owner cars.  I flew to Dallas (from VA) and test drove them both and bought the black one (all my cars are black, btw).  The dealership shipped the car to me and I had it in my garage the next week.

I don’t think of cars as investments and I drive them when I can which is less than 1,500 miles a year for the toys.  A part of me wanted to keep the car stock because it is so capable in stock form but another part wanted to start modifying it.  I used to have a 1998 Toyota Supra Turbo 6-speed (in black, of course) and I see the crazy prices now for a bone stock example.  But the other side won out…blame it COVID. LOL.

The car had less than 10k miles and was well maintained so I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go FBO, upgraded turbos, or a big build.  As you guys know the price goes up quickly if motor and/or tranny are involved. I did a lot of research and talked to a few shops and decided on a turbo upgrade keeping the motor and transmission stock.

I spoke to Nathan Cicio and got comfortable that their C800 package would be the right choice for me.  I looked at a variety of dyno charts and loved how quickly it made torque and keep it nearly flat throughout the RPM range and also how the HP didn’t drop off at redline.  Cicio Performance had a sale on this package so the decision got easier.

Nathan introduced me to Jan Buhler who is the general manager of their North Shop in VA.  While the C800 package had a list of supporting mods, I wanted to “over build” because I wanted the flexibility to go bigger without having to replace a bunch of parts down the road.  These guys were super helpful in steering me in the right direction without selling me on stuff I didn’t need (for now at least).  Picking a quality shop that has the necessary experience, customer service, will stand behind their work (1-year warranty) and is well regarded in the industry was important to me. And having an excellent in-house tuner who can extract the performance of the build in a safe and reliable manner.

The original plan was to drop off the car with Jan over the 4th of July as my family was going to the Outer Banks for a couple of weeks.  Car would be done by the time our vacation ended and I’d drive back with them to northern Virginia.  Unfortunately, due to COVID the Gateway turbos were back ordered and they couldn’t give me a date when they’d be available as this is an industry-wide problem.  I dropped the car off with Jan because I didn’t want to make an extra 3.5 hour drive when the turbos were ready.

But before handing him the keys to my car, I got a ride in his “2SOONJR” Elite Prime-R monster.  We got on the highway and did some pulls and that thing was a freaking freight train.  I’ve never experienced acceleration like that in a road car before!!  Unbelievable what this GTR platform supports these days.

I’d keep checking in with them and they eventually got the turbos.  And he recommended upgrading the turbo inlets…but you guessed it, they were on backorder as well.  Cornflakes without the milk. LOL. But this story has a happy ending.  

Here are the non-standard items which I augmented the C800 build with:

·      GotBoost 3” Turbo inlets (Cicio Performance spec)

·      ETS Exhaust

o   3.5” V-band DP

o   3.5” – 4” V-band Mid-pipe

o   4” SS Exhaust w/mufflers

o   SS slash cut exhaust tips (Cicio Performance spec)

·      ETS 3.5” Air Intakes

·      ETS Race Intercooler & piping kit

·      Tial Q BOVs

·      Cicio Performance oil catch can

·      Cicio Performance coolant expansion tank

·      Oil filter upgrade kit w/WIX filter

·      Misc. maintenance (fluid changes, spark plugs, alignment, etc.)

·      Power-coated parts in wrinkle black

As I stated, the car was bone stock and I wanted a baseline dyno run.  Same dyno but different days over a 6-week period:

·      Stock: 483WHP & 470WTRQ

·      Gateway on Pump: 706WHP & 579WTRQ

·      Gateway on E85: 812WHP & 623WTRQ

I picked up the car last weekend after much anticipation.  Jan was kind enough to open up the shop for me on a Sunday even though they were closed.  He walked me through the COBB maps, catch-can drain procedure, and a few other things I don’t remember anymore ;-)

It was getting late and we had to hit the road to avoid Sunday traffic back to northern Virginia. On the highway the car accelerated like never before and the spool was close to stock but way stronger from 4k RPM onwards.  It was a 95F degree day and it just kept pulling to redline.  I had used stock Dunlop tires so no point in trying a launch.  And before long we hit a ton of traffic so I just cruised back home.  Unfortunately, I don’t have any Dragy data to share but hope to update before too long.

In summary, I’m glad I went with Cicio Performance as the build easily met my expectation.  The process definitely exceeded expectation as these guys are professionals and customer service is part of their brand. When I got home, I put the GTR on the storage lift.  Apart from the huge SS exhaust pipe, the underside of the car looks stock.  Every bolt and rubber grommet/cover was replaced.  No missing parts.  I appreciate that attention to detail which I know we all expect when we hand our car keys to someone else.

Anyway, sorry for the long read but wanted to share my experience on this forum.

attachicon.gifIMG_3857 (jpeg).jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3890 (jpeg).jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3891 (jpeg).jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3889 (jpeg).jpgattachicon.gifNoel Samuel Dyno Graph.jpegattachicon.gifIMG_3615 (jpeg).jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0703.jpegattachicon.gifIMG_3358 (jpeg).jpg

Happy to hear you are loving it brother!

Jan is the man! Im happy he was able to take care of you and meet your expectations!

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew Pasik

Sales | Cicio Performance

Phone: 678.297.7770 ext 106

http://www.cicioperformance.com

49579549671_a4d8b9958b_z.jpg

#13 The Hawk

The Hawk

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:38 AM

Congrats and enjoy!

#14 Kama_Supra

Kama_Supra

Posted 31 August 2020 - 12:48 PM

Give STM a call last time I stopped out they had a couple sets of R888.

Thanks. I already ordered them through another source so hopefully they'll be here soon.

#15 Kama_Supra

Kama_Supra

Posted 31 August 2020 - 01:01 PM

Happy to hear you are loving it brother!

Jan is the man! Im happy he was able to take care of you and meet your expectations!

Thanks

Andrew

Jan did a great job.  Glad you guys have the Gateways in stock now!

#16 [email protected]

[email protected]

Posted 01 September 2020 - 06:58 AM

Jan did a great job.  Glad you guys have the Gateways in stock now!

You and me both brother! haha

Andrew Pasik

Sales | Cicio Performance

Phone: 678.297.7770 ext 106

http://www.cicioperformance.com

49579549671_a4d8b9958b_z.jpg

#17 [email protected]

[email protected]

Posted 02 September 2020 - 08:06 AM

Enjoy the car in good health man!

~Jan

-Cicio Performance ELITE Prime-R Stock Frame Turbo World Record [email protected]
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Record 209 MPH ELITE Prime
-Cicio Performance Shop Car [email protected]
-Fastest Customer ETS Pro2100 [email protected]
-Standing Half Mile 225.9MPH ETS Pro2100
-Standing Half Mile 219.5MPH ETS Pro1700

49579043688_2d8856be3d_z.jpg

Call: 757-550-4485
[email protected]
cicioperformance.com
-AWD Dyno Tuning
-Parts, Sales, Service

#18 [email protected]

[email protected]

Posted 02 September 2020 - 08:15 AM

Enjoy the car in good health man!

~Jan

-Cicio Performance ELITE Prime-R Stock Frame Turbo World Record [email protected]
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Record 209 MPH ELITE Prime
-Cicio Performance Shop Car [email protected]
-Fastest Customer ETS Pro2100 [email protected]
-Standing Half Mile 225.9MPH ETS Pro2100
-Standing Half Mile 219.5MPH ETS Pro1700

49579043688_2d8856be3d_z.jpg

Call: 757-550-4485
[email protected]
cicioperformance.com
-AWD Dyno Tuning
-Parts, Sales, Service

#19 GT-R_NOVA

GT-R_NOVA

Posted 02 September 2020 - 09:08 PM

Amazing write up and great choice!!! Looking forward to future reviews with the draggy times and hopefully some 1/4 mile times when you get some sticky rubber
Current:2017 Black GT-R. GO: Cobb catted midpipe....to be continued lolPrevious:2010 SS GT-R GO: Go Fast Bits BOV's, 3" GotBoost intakes with green filters, APR cast catless downpipes, HKS resonated midpipe, T1R catback, ANSU 1100cc fuel injectors, DW165C fuel pumps, Ecutek tuned by Ben Linney GTC, Stop Tech stainless steel brake lines, DBA 5000 slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads<br /><br />SHOW: BE shift knob, Rexpeed matte carbon fender emblem covers, Rexpeed matte carbon stereo surround, JDM clear front markers, LED conversion</p>

#20 19RAYGTR

19RAYGTR

Posted 04 September 2020 - 02:54 PM

got any sound clips?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users