46 replies to this topic

#41 Jojipoji

Jojipoji

R35 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2304 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 09:43 AM

the don't have kids lesson made me laugh out loud for real. best of luck to you. i too had cars i wish people would have stolen or destroyed.

thanks. Sorry for the confusion. I dont want any of my cars stolen, but if they were to take one of my cars I would have preferred them taking the porsche as I dont like it as much as the nismo and its way easier to replace the porsche than the nismo. Literally there are less than 10 nismos for sale in america and I highly doubt they are going to go down in value from this point forward.

"The secret to a long successful marriage, is I haven't talked to my wife for a year now. I didn't want to interrupt her."
16 nismo GTR, 16 M3

#42 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8461 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 10:43 AM

Sorry to hear man, having three kids myself, it happens. Just happened at the wrong time. Luckily it was just a car and nothing more serious. Hopefully you have a camera system and made it easy for the LEOs. Used to live in Branford, CT and back then I did the same thing. Heck keys for 7 cars are all hanging in my garage now. Rather keep it easy for someone who is going to take it one way or another anyways. Objects are easily replaced, health not so much. Be safe and best of luck !!
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#43 Automotive.Cocaine

Automotive.Cocaine

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 01:29 PM

Comparing a mighty Nismo to the peasant 991 Gt3 is not a wise move, why did you pick a Gt3 up in the first place ?
Could have saved and now you woulda had a legemdary 2020 Nismo.

Anyways its not like we lost our homes or kids, it was just a car.

#44 richj92

richj92

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:22 PM

I live in Wallingford and we have some gents that drive up from Bridgeport to rob open cars in my suburban neighborhood. Neighbor had Jeep keys in the BMW that was left unlocked. They took both. Ive left my garage door completely open and light on over night on a couple of occasions 🤦‍♂ but Ive been lucky enough to have nothing happen.

#45 L.L.

L.L.

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1550 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 08:38 PM

In this day and age, highly recommend setting up motion sensors, tilt sensors, and cameras to help with the scenarios of the garage being left open, unknowingly opened by someone else in the household or opening when triggered by a neighbor who might have the exact same code. Although rare, the latter does occur especially in areas where all homes are built by the same builder and subs, using the same openers in hundreds of homes.

In home defense and protection courses, they always talk about multiple layers. Dogs can help. Sensors and cameras can notify via smartphone push alerts, text, or create custom rules using a smart hub attached device. Generally the basic alerts are for when it senses the garage door opening, left open for > a certain amount of time, and motion detection in general. It's not out of the ordinary to have false alerts especially the dogs lol but if all are notifying, the alerts are likely legitimate. If the contents in the garage are replaceable, the most important thing is installing a self-locking keypad door knob on the door leading from the garage into the home because if someone gains entry into the main home, that can be a mess. That's one of the most common entry points for intruders who prey on people that leave their garage open. Most people don't care enough to be proactive about these things until they get victimized.  

2015 Nissan GT-R Premium (SOLD)

AMS Alpha 9+ Turbochargers | AMS Alpha Induction Kit | AMS Alpha Front Mount Intercooler
AMS Alpha 3" Intakes | AMS Alpha 90mm Downpipes  | Litchfield 102mm Triple Silenced Exhaust
AMS 4.0 BAR Map Sensor | AMS Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank | AMS Alpha Splash Shield

Speed Density on Cobb AP3 | ID1300 Injectors | Tial Q BOV | DW300C Fuel Pumps | GotBoost Flexfuel Kit | GotBoost Fuel Pressure Monitoring Kit

Stock Block/Transmission | Tuned by Chris Black & ACG Automotive | Built by JohnWigs @ Pacific Nissan 

2017 Acura NSX (SOLD)

130R White on Red/Alcantara

2016 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (Current)
Cobb SF 2.75" Intakes w/Green filters

HKS Resonated Midpipe

HKS 45th Anniversary 2-Stage Exhaust

#46 Hellfromabove

Hellfromabove

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:48 PM

Anyways its not like we lost our homes or kids, it was just a car.

My cars are my kids!  :lol:

The don't have kids comment also made me laugh. Hoping to convince my wife to have some in the near future. As much as it sucks, thankfully they just took the car and left everything else alone. Looking forward to hearing what the insurance company decides to do and what your next steps are.

#47 richj92

richj92

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 05:37 PM

In addition to the above stated on home protection: I put a rifle cable lock through the garage door track and the wheel closest to the hole in the track. One of my old friends told me how when he was young him and his friends would just lift up hard enough on the door and it would open. Its obviously not convenient but it works. I have two cars outside that remotely open the door so if one of those got broken into, without even turning on the car they would be able to open the garage door.
Another not so convenient home defense is a bar across the interior door if it opens in.
All windows and doors in my house have a 120 decibel alarm. Got them in 4 packs from Walmart. At minimum it lets me know if my 3yo is trying to go outside!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users