1 reply to this topic

#1 driverx2030

driverx2030

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 01:34 PM

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a 32,000 mile 2015 Nissan GT-R (premium) from a private seller.  The seller received the car from a court battle with the original owner of the car so he has no knowledge of the car or emotional attachment.  So before confirmation of purchase I am taking the car to a Nissan dealership to get it inspected.

The car has been sitting in the new owners lot for quite some time, and when initially looking at the car I noticed that the rotors (appeared to be) quite grooved.  So I am taking that into account in my offer to the seller.  Do any of you know if it is possible to machine the stock OEM rotors?  I am pretty sure you can't, but just wondering if it was possible in order to save myself a little money and not have to shell out $1000+ for a new set.

The car seems to drive smooth and I didn't feel any suspension issues or odd engine noises.  If you all have any recommendation on anything else I should be on the lookout for or any questions I should ask the dealer please chime in.

Thanks.

#2 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4789 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 06:36 PM

Yes, one can machine (lathe) the rotors.
Any reputable shop can do this as long as the minimum thickness of the rotor is above specifications.

Ill see if I can find that for you.

Attached Thumbnails

• 8AA51F63-F9F2-4506-8A2C-B74D00BB3B9E.png

Edited by Gdzilla_, 09 September 2020 - 06:40 PM.

Current Stable:
2009 R35 Premium Edition 'GDZILLA' / Ivory Pearl / Ebony / brought home Sept. 8th 2008 / weekend warrior
2006 Solstice 'EMILEY' / Olympic White / Ebony on Suede / for those 'Top Down' summer days
2014 GMC All Terrain Sierra 4x4 'C2SKYE' / Summit White / Ebony Faux Carbon Fiber / trailer hauler
1999 Vulcan Nomad 'TAZ' / Pearl Boulogne / Candy Arsenate Green / quick weekend get-a-ways
2008 Vulcan Classic LT 'PEARL' / Crystal Pearl White / Metallic Titanium / quick weekend get-a-ways for the wife
2019 Tucson Ultimate AWD 'POLRCUB' / Winter White / Ebony on Beige / Wife's daily driver
'EMILEYII' / Solstice battery powered ride on car / White / daily driver for my daughter
'GDZILLAII' / R35 GTR battery powered ride on car / White / weekend warrior for my daughter
1999 R34 Gtt Skyline / White / Ebony / Sold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users