8 replies to this topic

#1 EGGTR

EGGTR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:45 PM

Just picked up a set of DBA Replacement rotors for my GT-R (DBA52370.1S). They did not come with replacement hardware (nuts), contacted the seller and he stated they do not come with them anymore.

Has anyone had the same experience??

Can the old nuts be reused?

Anyone know were I can source DBA replacement nuts they used to include with their rotors?

thanks in advance.

2019 Nissan GTR Premium. VRSF Midpipe, H&R 15mm Spacers.

#2 M3AP1

M3AP1

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 09:08 PM

https://racingbrake.com/ml1-e

#3 Lordkevin

Lordkevin

Kevin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 09:38 PM

Link above is a rip off and at $12 each that would cost over $400 lol because you need 36 sets total. Refer to this below:

A: Yes, they are M6x1.0 Bolts with a 30mm thread length. You can pickup the Class 8 or 10.9 hardware at Ace Hardware/ True Value or at online resellers like McMaster-Carr. Nissan uses Blue liquid threadlocker on the bolts from the factory, so I would suggest the same.
Here are two links for Class 10.9 replacement bolts & nuts:

#4 StockR35

StockR35

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 08:41 PM

I have reused all the old hardware when we did DBA rotors on my friends GTR 2 years ago . 2 years and 10K miles without any issues. Just make sure you use thread locker on the bolts

#5 gtrbillet

gtrbillet

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:22 AM

Okay to re use.
Gregg 2013 gtr premium

#6 Loic777

Loic777

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:18 PM

Seems these are sold without hardware now
https://www.trackwer...=32552408416340

#7 marv22

marv22

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 09:03 AM

In Europe the DBA replacement discs still come with replacement locknuts. The discs themselves look to be of good quality and are attractively priced. A few caveats though: The DBA EU distributor took 3 months to deliver them due to COVID and I’ve unfortunately had to leave the car with my mechanic because the bolts could not be reused due to the fact they were impossible to tighten to the correct torque because the bolts were heat damaged (They were a nice shade of blue and they stripped when he attempted to torque them down to the specified 13nm. I didn’t think that I used the brakes THAT hard. :-)) He had to order 4 sets of AP bobbin kits (one set per disc) from Germany. (Expected delivery in 3 days and yes, I know that they're M6x1.0 Bolts that probably could be bought much more cheaply separately, but these are a critical point of failure item and the local hardware store might not have the correct quality.)

Frankly, if knew that this would occur, I would’ve ordered some J-Hooks from AP because they come with hardware. We’re locked down here in Europe and my installer is across the border. We have to get COVID tests to cross borders so I’ll have to get another COVID test to pick the car up next week. The price of the bobbin kits and the inconvenience incurred negate any cost savings.

In closing I have to thank Petr and his team at Auto-Impex for their excellent and knowledgeable service. If you need some work done on your GT-R in Central Europe they're the people to call.

#8 Warren-RB

Warren-RB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 10:58 AM

Seems these are sold without hardware now
https://www.trackwer...=32552408416340

DBA 09-11 Nissan GTR R35 Front Slotted 5000 Series Brembo Only Replacement Disc (No hardware or hat)
$387.97 $458.51

Is the price for 1 ea or 1 pair?

#9 Lordkevin

Lordkevin

Kevin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 07:45 PM

DBA 09-11 Nissan GTR R35 Front Slotted 5000 Series Brembo Only Replacement Disc (No hardware or hat)
$387.97 $458.51

Is the price for 1 ea or 1 pair?

One rotor. You can also check out speed by design brakes. They offer front and rear rotors for $1100 for all four and plenty of people say they are good, even better than DBA.

Edited by Lordkevin, 12 November 2020 - 07:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users