12 replies to this topic

#1 rcalcaide

rcalcaide

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 07:21 PM

I like Andy Pilgrim. Did a great track review of the Nismo GT-R.

I thought it would crack the top 10 of the STOCK OEM cars hes driven at MSP track, but this track isnt too friendly with AWD setups. He also let the Nismo shift for him. So nonetheless I think the results are pretty damn good.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=RE0iUsjQ9wo

#2 StockR35

StockR35

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 08:37 PM

Pretty nice review but I think that it seems like it's kind of slow when 440hp Porsche and 520hp Mustang are quicker .

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20200924-224255_Chrome.jpg

Edited by StockR35, 24 September 2020 - 08:44 PM.

#3 *14TrakEDN*

*14TrakEDN*

R33 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:20 AM

The run flats are safe...But they're heavy and slooow....
2014 TE
AMS Alpha 7
Cobb tune
E85 Flex
Sheptrans 2.5
Ported polished intake and turbo inlets
AMS oil cooler
Titek Race exhaust
AMS downpipes
Spec V tips
Gotboost 3" intakes

#4 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25954 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 10:56 AM

I dont think its the runflats they are heavy and all but  the  2020 NR1s  are super aggressive.   overall not cracking the top 10 and being  where it is on the list is  super disappointing for a  212K car The NSX for example on that list the standard GTR has been around that level for a while and for the 2020 NISMO to barely come in ahead of it and see huge time gaps ahead of it  where the non turbo Carerra S is...thats not a good look. If you would have shown me that list without times I  would have benchmarked the GTR  between 9th and 10t by  just looking at the cars  and  guessing a 2020  that boasts weight savings and CC brakes ect over the older NISMOs would pick up maybe 2 secs.  

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#5 Beast714

Beast714

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1195 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:26 PM

get use to the Nismo and break in top 10 at least, over rated pro driver  :wink:

2016 GTR  Deep Blue Pearl & 2012 ISF 

#6 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8458 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:51 PM

@mc in all fairness the new carerra is a TTV6 just somewhat detuned from the monster Turbo S Every mode Porsche has continued to evolve and gets better and better while the R35 is largely unchanged. This little guy pulls 1.09g on the skid pad and has a really broad power curve. Plenty of videos of the stock Turbo S walking a 720 from a dig and a roll.
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#7 Automotive.Cocaine

Automotive.Cocaine

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:03 PM

He left the car in auto mode

hahahahahhahahaha

#8 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25954 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:18 PM

@mc in all fairness the new carerra is a TTV6 just somewhat detuned from the monster Turbo S Every mode Porsche has continued to evolve and gets better and better while the R35 is largely unchanged. This little guy pulls 1.09g on the skid pad and has a really broad power curve. Plenty of videos of the stock Turbo S walking a 720 from a dig and a roll.

that makes more sense thought it was the non turbo..  I saw a video the other day of it  beating  a C8 on a run way run and they said it wasnt a turbo.  I guess they meant it wasnt the turbo model not that it didnt have a TT engine like the older ones

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#9 StockR35

StockR35

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:23 PM

Carrera has a 3.0 H6 TT engine , turbo S has 3.8 H6 TT engine . 

No , stock turbo S will get murdered from a roll by a stock 720S 

#10 rcalcaide

rcalcaide

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:50 PM

Andy's response to why the Nismo posted its times.

How can i be 2secs slower than the carrera s?

Per Andy Pilgrim
I hear you, but it was no surprise to me after driving both. If you compare corner speeds, especially in the longer steady state corners, it tells the story. AWD without up to date torque vectoring has a very hard time carrying speed through longer corners. Very similar scenario to the NSX. But still, I loved the fact they sent it to us and anything under 2m 15s around MSP is a very good time.  Hope you keep watching...

The lap time for this GTR doesn’t make any sense. Is it staged? Or you just purely dislike Nissan? How could a Cayman GT4 be lapping faster this 600hp Godzilla?

Per Andy Pilgrim
Thanks for all the replies first of all, debate is what makes us all car nerds... Trust me the times are not staged and I am a huge GT-R fan. All the cars I test come to me right from the manufacturer media pools. I figured the lap time on the Nismo would be very similar to the NSX, because I had tested them both back to back about four years ago and they were on the same tenth; this time the Nismo was a half second quicker. The biggest issue with AWD cars that don't have an up to date torque vectoring system is under steer. If you look at the NSX and the Nismo vid's they suffer with it. They also have a serious weight disadvantage over cars like the 911, GT4. The other point is weight distribution which doesn't help the Nismo at all on a road course like MSP. AWD vehicles also suffer much more in long steady state corners, which MSP has 4 very long ones. If you compare the mid corner speeds of the Nismo to the cars ahead of it in my MSP laps you'll see some big differences and that's where the time losses come from over a 3.2 mile 2m 13s lap. The Tsukuba circuit is very small at 1.2 miles and super tight, which would be a help to any AWD car. I had a few minutes today between vid's so came here to have a look. Thanks again for the comments and I'm very much looking forward to an updated GT-R , as I suspect you guys probably are.... All the best Andy

Also unless its a true manual he drives all the vehicles in auto mode. So I don't think its a bad time in auto mode for the Nismo. Shows you how good actually the logic in the Nismo transmission is.

Edited by rcalcaide, 25 September 2020 - 08:53 PM.

#11 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8458 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:24 PM

Nice comments from AP. Surprised he even explained things. @stock local seen new turbo run 10.1 on asphalt, 9âs with just Cobb tune. Not many 720s doing that. Long enough sure but not many guys even pull full 1/4s on the street.

Edited by droptopp, 27 September 2020 - 11:10 PM.

TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#12 White_turbo

White_turbo

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:27 PM

People are surprised that hp isn't everything? The GTR strength is very course dependent whereas the GT4 will largely be better for most tracks except for ones with much longer straight aways.

2018 SCCA Solo National Super Street 3rd Loser

Always looking for sponsorship to help out on events entry (autox/hpde) and such. Please PM me if interested. Super Street 09 GTR #924 / A Street Prepared 06 Evo #924

Follow me on Instagram: @garytsuikk

Subscribe to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube....LHxYspyZZxJZdYA

#13 Geno88

Geno88

Nismo Owners Car Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 01:04 PM

People are surprised that hp isn't everything? The GTR strength is very course dependent whereas the GT4 will largely be better for most tracks except for ones with much longer straight aways.

+1 HP is nothing without Track Astute/traction. the tech on our cars are a bit old.......

Edited by Geno88, 12 October 2020 - 04:05 PM.

2016 GTR Nismo
1969 Camaro RS/SS
2018 McLaren 720S
2017 Infiniti Q50S

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users