46 replies to this topic

#41 sterod

sterod

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted Today, 06:11 AM

Sure you can check it by slicing it open, you just can't reuse the basket again, it's a one time reveal :-) Very happy with my Visconti basket with replaceable filters.

askhole 
Someone who asks many stupid, pointless, obnoxious questions.
A person who constantly asks for advice, yet always does the opposite of what they were told.

#42 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted Today, 06:35 AM

Sure you can check it by slicing it open, you just can't reuse the basket again, it's a one time reveal :-) Very happy with my Visconti basket with replaceable filters.

Yes the JV basket is the way to go no matter what fuel your using. I don`t think i would chance just changing the pre filters,i`ve seen photos of a post filter that didn`t look very good at all.  :thumbsup:

#43 sterod

sterod

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted Today, 08:21 AM

Yup, here is what my post filter looked like.  My car has never run E85, 94 octane only.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20200820_000741887.jpg

askhole 
A person who constantly asks for advice, yet always does the opposite of what they were told.

#44 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted Today, 08:31 AM

Yup, here is what my post filter looked like.  My car has never run E85, 94 octane only.

Any close up`s of the filter? Looks about the same as previous photo`s i`ve seen.

Do you remember the mileage when you removed the filter?

I haven`t checked mine but the pre filters look about the same.

#45 sterod

sterod

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted Today, 08:33 AM

No but if you send me a PM I can email you a higher res version.  It had about 80,000KM (about 50K Miles) on it.

askhole 

#46 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted Today, 08:47 AM

No but if you send me a PM I can email you a higher res version.  It had about 80,000KM (about 50K Miles) on it.

Yep that photo was a good indication that it was time for a change,thanks.

#47 znergy96

znergy96

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted Today, 03:40 PM

I'm at 36k miles and not sure if the socks have been replaced or not when the pumps were swapped out. I only have about 2 gallons left in the tank, but before I pull the pumps the tuning shop reached out to me and I am sending in data logs that he requested before I start to do any self diagnostic. Induction performance alpha tuner seems very welling to help and wanting to determine the problem remotely if possible.

Znergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users