5 replies to this topic

#1 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8804 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 01:38 PM

This is a review of the latest ccm street pads by RB who has been a vendor here on and off. This is my 3rd set of pads I've bought from them. The XC-40 race pads are race pads and are great for stopping but way to noisy for the street. The Xt-910 "street" pads I found just did not have very good stopping power although very quiet. A couple of times I found myself in one of those "oh shit" moments.

Warren approached me about testing the St-600. Full disclosure he gave me a deal on the pads as long as I was willing to give an honest review good or bad. The buying/shipping process did not go as planned and by the time the pads got delivered and the UPS crazy brokerage fees the "deal" ended up being not as good even after Warren refunded my shipping charges. Regardless I gave my word I would do the review good or bad.

These pads are pretty much what I was expecting when I bought the Xt-910.......street pads that are silent that can stop with "spirited" driving. I bedded them in on and have been driving on the for a few days now. Preliminary reporting is that they are indeed quiet and do have way better stopping power than the Xt-910. Also I've never experienced any issues with cold braking on any of my RB pads including these new St-600.

So far they are a two thumbs up. 

Redemption 2.0 Tuned by Ben Linney = Smooth as Fawk!!
Switzer 90mmSS Exhaust = Loud as Fawk!!

#2 WideRide

WideRide

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 02:55 PM

I have them too. What bedding process did you use?

#3 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5293 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:16 PM

For some, the amount of dust various pads create is an important aspect / factor.

Any comment Wicked on one or all three that you have tried?

Edited by Gdzilla_, 21 October 2020 - 07:18 PM.

Current Stable:
2009 R35 Premium Edition 'GDZILLA' / Ivory Pearl / Ebony / brought home Sept. 8th 2008 / weekend warrior
2006 Solstice 'EMILEY' / Olympic White / Ebony on Suede / for those 'Top Down' summer days
2014 GMC All Terrain Sierra 4x4 'C2SKYE' / Summit White / Ebony Faux Carbon Fiber / trailer hauler
1999 Vulcan Nomad 'TAZ' / Pearl Boulogne / Candy Arsenate Green / quick weekend get-a-ways
2008 Vulcan Classic LT 'PEARL' / Crystal Pearl White / Metallic Titanium / quick weekend get-a-ways for the wife
2019 Tucson Ultimate AWD 'POLRCUB' / Winter White / Ebony on Beige / Wife's daily driver
'EMILEYII' / Solstice battery powered ride on car / White / daily driver for my daughter
'GDZILLAII' / R35 GTR battery powered ride on car / White / weekend warrior for my daughter
1999 R34 Gtt Skyline / White / Ebony / Sold

#4 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8804 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 09:46 AM

For some, the amount of dust various pads create is an important aspect / factor.

Any comment Wicked on one or all three that you have tried?

So far to date:

The XC-40 had awesome stopping power and no issues with cold braking. But I could hear them even when not on the brake. The noise for the street was just way to much for me, it was actually embarrassing coming to a stop. I had very little dust from them. I am keeping the XC40 for the drag strip and tracking events. I have a lift at home so swapping pads is as easy as swapping tires.

The XT-910 did not have addequate stopping power for my build and this was at the lowest power setting |I have for the car. They sucked for spirited driving. But they were absolutely silent and had no dust.

The ST-600 feedback is just preliminary for now as I just put them in. So far they have way better stopping power then the Xt-910. I will keep an eye on the dust but I have noticed any yet. They have a small bit of noise compared to the Xt-910 when I had the windows down last night. I will keep an eye on that as well.

#5 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8804 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 12:20 PM

Just an update.  I haven't been able to do much driving on the pads because of weather and now the car being off the road. The stopping is much better than the 910's for sure!! There is a bit of sound to them but very minor compared to the race pads xc-40's but The xt-910 were completely silent in comparison.

#6 AndrewVon

AndrewVon

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 12:45 PM

Just an update.  I haven't been able to do much driving on the pads because of weather and now the car being off the road. The stopping is much better than the 910's for sure!! There is a bit of sound to them but very minor compared to the race pads xc-40's but The xt-910 were completely silent in comparison.

So what was the break in process you used? 

2015 Black Edition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users