R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 10:28 PM

Hi friends ..

Factory basket.
AEM 340.

With a set of Jack's thick O-Rings, Shall i ditch that little plastic clip when i install these ? And do i have to lube them as well as what we usually do with the regula O rings ?

Askig because when i attempted to put the plastic clip with Jack's Rings, the filters didn't seated well behind, they sticked out a little.

Thanks in advance

Edited by GTRHOLIC, 27 October 2020 - 12:14 AM.

#2 GTRHOLIC

GTRHOLIC

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:15 AM

So no one running these O-Rings ?

#3 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1034 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:23 AM

Are you referring to the John Visconti double o-rings and the clip your referring to is that the sleeve that sits behind them?

#4 GTRHOLIC

GTRHOLIC

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:37 AM

Nope .. I'm referring to Jack transmission's thick O-rings. As for the plastic clip, yes.

#5 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1034 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 04:49 AM

This isn`t the answer to your question but i run the JV double o-rings along with ASNU 330 fuel pumps and i also use the sleeve. Never had any problems the last four years.

Now how wide is this o-ring (Jack`s) twice as wide as OEM or more ?

Always lubricate your o-rings before installing it`s much safer, you should not risk damaging them. A few people have had the fuel pump o-rings blow causing problems so be careful.

#6 GTRHOLIC

GTRHOLIC

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:01 AM

" Now how wide is this o-ring (Jack`s) twice as wide as OEM or more ? "

It's actually more .. 3×
Looks like JV's is oem's doubl and thats why you were able to install the plastic clip (sleeve) along with them.

In my case - with Jack's - i couldn't secure/seated the filter with the sleeve.

#7 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1034 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:07 AM

Ok i tried to find the o-ring on the Jack`s website but had no luck.

Your best bet is to shoot off an email to Jack`s and ask how it`s to be installed,they`re very quick replying to emails. Sorry i can`give anymore help. 

#8 240Z TwinTurbo

240Z TwinTurbo

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2081 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 09:43 AM

Just checking, but you have to install the oring on the pump first before trying to install it in the basket.  Please reference the attached picture.  If you do this with the Jacks' thick o-ring and you cannot clip the filters then remove the white plastic spacer and sand it down by the amount needed.  You need to run the plastic spacer or some sort of spacer so the pressure does not push  the oring out of the pump basket. 

Attached Thumbnails

• pumps2.JPG

1971 Datsun 240Z (Let the restoration begin!)

2006 EVO IX (663hp/527tq @ wheels Shell 93 pump gas)
2009 GTR Premium (707hp/628tq @ wheels Shell 93 pump gas / [email protected])
2019 Stinger GT AWD (stock)

DIY700 - 700hp on a Budget

BW S366 SX-E (6668) TwinScroll Experiment

CURT BROWN 2.15L S362 vs S366 Results - 93 Pump

#9 GTRHOLIC

GTRHOLIC

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:29 AM

Ok i tried to find the o-ring on the Jack`s website but had no luck.

Your best bet is to shoot off an email to Jack`s and ask how it`s to be installed,they`re very quick replying to emails. Sorry i can`give anymore help. 

Thanks a lot you've helped enough..appreciate it.

Yes i did send them an email like two weeks ago with no response lol!

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20201027-205713_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by GTRHOLIC, 27 October 2020 - 10:58 AM.

#10 GTRHOLIC

GTRHOLIC

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:38 AM

@240Z TwinTurbo

Yes it's the white plastic spacer that i was talking about, i can't clip the filters behind when the spacer installed along with jack's O-Rings, but i can without it.

Ok so i have to put it then .. i'll try to trim it a bit tho i doubt it'll work cuz the filters are way off behind (they probably stick out more than the spacer's length)

Edited by GTRHOLIC, 27 October 2020 - 11:00 AM.

#11 240Z TwinTurbo

240Z TwinTurbo

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2081 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:39 PM

@240Z TwinTurbo

Yes it's the white plastic spacer that i was talking about, i can't clip the filters behind when the spacer installed along with jack's O-Rings, but i can without it.

Ok so i have to put it then .. i'll try to trim it a bit tho i doubt it'll work cuz the filters are way off behind (they probably stick out more than the spacer's length)

IMO there is no reason to run the thicker oring if the original is in good working order.  Take a picture of the Jack's oring on the pump without the spacer and then put it in the pump housing and take a picture so we can see how far the oring goes into the pump housing.  You just want to avoid the ability of the oring to pop out of the pump basket due to the pressure, which is why the spacer is used.

#12 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1034 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:41 PM

Thanks a lot you've helped enough..appreciate it.

Yes i did send them an email like two weeks ago with no response lol!

Now i understand a little better after viewing the photo. Looks like a mini bellows and quite long if i compare with the joints on your finger. I really wonder if there will be room for the spacer/sleeve whatever you want to call it? i have the top part of the basket here at home i`ll nip downstairs and take a look at the recess for the fuel pump neck-spacer-o-ring. See what depth it is.

#13 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1034 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:06 PM

I just took some measurements if it helps you in any way. They are all in mm`s. The basket recess is 17,4 mm deep. The neck length on the OEM pump is 20 mm long. The cross section of the OEM o-ring is 3,75 mm. I don`t have the spacer measurement as they are installed on my car.   

I suspect that if you subtract the 3,75 mm from the total length of your thick o-ring then the remaining measurement would be the same length as the spacer.

Edited by Slimshady201, 28 October 2020 - 04:51 AM.

#14 GTRHOLIC

GTRHOLIC

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:00 AM

IMO there is no reason to run the thicker oring if the original is in good working order.  Take a picture of the Jack's oring on the pump without the spacer and then put it in the pump housing and take a picture so we can see how far the oring goes into the pump housing.  You just want to avoid the ability of the oring to pop out of the pump basket due to the pressure, which is why the spacer is used.

I actually ended up putting the regular o rings that day when i got confused about jack's.

This was two weeks ago and couple days ago i got that nasty limp status 2 ( STFT hitting 120%).. Orings are lubed and everything was installed correctly..my doubts are these DW300C need to be hardwired or something cuz it happenes only after some pulls then when it gets cool down it goes back to normal..

Now it's either i have some leak in the Orings area, or i got some defected pumps or they truely need to be hardwired.

Filters are clean and not clogged.
1050cc bosch injectors seem to be fine (both banks are balanced)

#15 GTRHOLIC

GTRHOLIC

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:05 AM

I just took some measurements if it helps you in any way. They are all in mm`s. The basket recess is 17,4 mm deep. The neck length on the OEM pump is 20 mm long. The cross section of the OEM o-ring is 3,75 mm. I don`t have the spacer measurement as they are installed on my car.   
I suspect that if you subtract the 3,75 mm from the total length of your thick o-ring then the remaining measurement would be the same length as the spacer.

Thanks a lot man really appreciate your time and effort on helping me out.. I'm debating now whether to get the pumps out and reinstall them with Jack's or i get visconti hardwire kit and see what happenes.. I'm thinking of getting a set of AEM 340 too as a back up .. i feel like these DW are dying soon lol ..they're new btw.

#16 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1034 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:08 AM

Does your tuner recommend the hardwire kit ?

#17 GTRHOLIC

GTRHOLIC

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:17 AM

Probably not, didn't say anything about that neither i attempted to ask. It's just my assumption n i don't think they'll do harm as far as they retain the factory running setup (low-mid-high).

JV is the only kit that retains the same as far as i know.

#18 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1034 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:25 AM

I know that my tuner was not happy i had installed the JV hardwire kit (but it wasn`t connected) and told me not to use it or risk damaging my Asnu330 pumps.

I`ve been running these pumps now for 4 years without a problem. So it looks like he was right. I run the Bosch 1150cc injectors no problems there either.

#19 GTRHOLIC

GTRHOLIC

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:41 AM

Maybe he doesn't know that it retains the factory pumping setup.. regular custom wires fail on that department.

#20 240Z TwinTurbo

240Z TwinTurbo

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2081 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 12:50 PM

I actually ended up putting the regular o rings that day when i got confused about jack's.

This was two weeks ago and couple days ago i got that nasty limp status 2 ( STFT hitting 120%).. Orings are lubed and everything was installed correctly..my doubts are these DW300C need to be hardwired or something cuz it happenes only after some pulls then when it gets cool down it goes back to normal..

Now it's either i have some leak in the Orings area, or i got some defected pumps or they truely need to be hardwired.

Filters are clean and not clogged.
1050cc bosch injectors seem to be fine (both banks are balanced)

What turbos do you run?  You need to log fuel pressure to verify it is dropping under boost, which I suspect it is.  An o-ring issue would not be intermittent and they typically only ever leak if damaged during install or after aging because they lose elasticity due to hardening.  Curious as to what turbos you run that you would have a fuel pressure issue.  I run dual Racetronix pumps @$100/per on factory wiring ([email protected] on 93 pump) that allow for the use of serviceable filters, but do require a basket mod as shown below.  I have an extra stainless kit I had water jet cut if anyone is interested.  The AEM 330 is going to be the best PnP option and the same performance as the Racetronix.

Attached Thumbnails

• Install1.JPG
  • Install2.JPG
  • Install3.JPG
  • Pumps1.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users