Photo

Does anybody else think that ad criteria needs to be loosened up?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 crainp

crainp

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 08:20 AM

No other sites that I'm familiar with make it so difficult to post an ad.  I get the impression that this is to some degree a control issue rather than a functional one.  Anyone thinking along those lines?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in your GTR, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming………."WOW!! What a Ride!

#2 rbock

rbock

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 10:37 AM

I do

#3 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25980 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 11:59 AM

The criteria is there to protect you and the buyer. however,  some of it is moderator discretion.  I will have a discussion with the moderators to make sure its done right but at the same time not discourage anyone from posting. for example  not deleting an entire ad for a small omission ect.  I am going to start having a moderator PM the user and let them know if anything is missing or done incorrectly  instead of something not being approved or taken down.

the  25 post count will stay 

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#4 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8530 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 12:36 PM

Might not like it but it’s pretty functional. Helps with scammers.
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#5 L.L.

L.L.

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1589 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 02:01 PM

Anyone thinking along those lines?

No. It's really not that difficult.

2015 Nissan GT-R Premium (SOLD)

AMS Alpha 9+ Turbochargers | AMS Alpha Induction Kit | AMS Alpha Front Mount Intercooler
AMS Alpha 3" Intakes | AMS Alpha 90mm Downpipes  | Litchfield 102mm Triple Silenced Exhaust
AMS 4.0 BAR Map Sensor | AMS Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank | AMS Alpha Splash Shield

Speed Density on Cobb AP3 | ID1300 Injectors | Tial Q BOV | DW300C Fuel Pumps | GotBoost Flexfuel Kit | GotBoost Fuel Pressure Monitoring Kit

Stock Block/Transmission | Tuned by Chris Black & ACG Automotive | Built by JohnWigs @ Pacific Nissan 

2017 Acura NSX (SOLD)

130R White on Red/Alcantara

2016 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (Current)
Cobb SF 2.75" Intakes w/Green filters

HKS Resonated Midpipe

HKS 45th Anniversary 2-Stage Exhaust

#6 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4906 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 02:30 PM

No other sites that I'm familiar with make it so difficult to post an ad.  I get the impression that this is to some degree a control issue rather than a functional one.  Anyone thinking along those lines?

Purely functional for the approval process.

For example.
Your Michelin tire Ad that you posted on October 13th 2020 only had 3 out of the 7 pieces of required information for classified Ads.
Now in regards to posting of phone numbers and or email addresses, I am extremely lenient as in, I dont notify the poster nor pull the Ad because these two items are not included in the Ad. I dont think I ever have (except in the WTB section which is for different reasons) as long as the other 5 are addressed, I am good with that.
However, for the remaining 5 items of info that is required, your Ad only having 2 out of the 5, yes indeed the Ad is going to get pulled without notification. No question. It holds the possible fact that you the member did not take the time or make the effort to read and heed the requirements which are posted in PINNED threads on every single front page of every single sub-forum in the Marketplace. Being a veteran member you should know better. Especially when your Ad does not look like all the previously posted Ads. I firmly believe that reading is fundamental. For a premium class forum such as ours, its not up for debate. There are plenty of new and or relatively new member Ads posted where they hit on every item on their first posting. In retrospect there are plenty of veteran Ads posted where there are no infractions either. So it is very possible to do so.

When only one or two items are missing - for the majority of those instances, yes, I either send a notification via PM, post on the Ad itself or a combination of the two.

Moderator discretion, absolutely. There are many factors in that regard. How long has the member been on the site, how often, general attitude and candor on the forum towards other members and staff, buying and selling history, repetitive notifications sent to said member regarding instructions on how to post proper Ads, and the list goes on. I literally go through hundreds of postings every month, do I miss a few, sure, do they all get treated equally, I try my best.

So, moving forward, feel free to post up your tire Ad again, if they havent sold already on other media already.
And here is your notification for such Ad; Price and location must be listed in the Topic Title and methods of payment you will accept must be posted in the body of the Ad and your username photo must include your member name (those were the 4 you had missing originally).

Hope I explained this well enough, I do lack talent in that regard, so I trust this makes sense.

Happy Motoring...

Edited by Gdzilla_, 11 November 2020 - 02:35 PM.

Current Stable:
2009 R35 Premium Edition 'GDZILLA' / Ivory Pearl / Ebony / brought home Sept. 8th 2008 / weekend warrior
2006 Solstice 'EMILEY' / Olympic White / Ebony on Suede / for those 'Top Down' summer days
2014 GMC All Terrain Sierra 4x4 'C2SKYE' / Summit White / Ebony Faux Carbon Fiber / trailer hauler
1999 Vulcan Nomad 'TAZ' / Pearl Boulogne / Candy Arsenate Green / quick weekend get-a-ways
2008 Vulcan Classic LT 'PEARL' / Crystal Pearl White / Metallic Titanium / quick weekend get-a-ways for the wife
2019 Tucson Ultimate AWD 'POLRCUB' / Winter White / Ebony on Beige / Wife's daily driver
'EMILEYII' / Solstice battery powered ride on car / White / daily driver for my daughter
'GDZILLAII' / R35 GTR battery powered ride on car / White / weekend warrior for my daughter
1999 R34 Gtt Skyline / White / Ebony / Sold

#7 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4906 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 02:47 PM

The criteria is there to protect you and the buyer. however,  some of it is moderator discretion.  I will have a discussion with the moderators to make sure its done right but at the same time not discourage anyone from posting. for example  not deleting an entire ad for a small omission ect.  I am going to start having a moderator PM the user and let them know if anything is missing or done incorrectly  instead of something not being approved or taken down.

the  25 post count will stay

Hey Matt,
Just for reference for the above noted Ad, I do try and list all the omissions in the date stamped Topic Hidden prompt box where we can post notes. You will see regarding this one I have listed such items. I do try to write as much info as possible within this note box. And when I send a PM to a member, I try and note that there as well. That way any staff member can see what’s been going on with a particular Ad.

Hope that is suffice.
Cheers

I

Current Stable:
2009 R35 Premium Edition 'GDZILLA' / Ivory Pearl / Ebony / brought home Sept. 8th 2008 / weekend warrior
2006 Solstice 'EMILEY' / Olympic White / Ebony on Suede / for those 'Top Down' summer days
2014 GMC All Terrain Sierra 4x4 'C2SKYE' / Summit White / Ebony Faux Carbon Fiber / trailer hauler
1999 Vulcan Nomad 'TAZ' / Pearl Boulogne / Candy Arsenate Green / quick weekend get-a-ways
2008 Vulcan Classic LT 'PEARL' / Crystal Pearl White / Metallic Titanium / quick weekend get-a-ways for the wife
2019 Tucson Ultimate AWD 'POLRCUB' / Winter White / Ebony on Beige / Wife's daily driver
'EMILEYII' / Solstice battery powered ride on car / White / daily driver for my daughter
'GDZILLAII' / R35 GTR battery powered ride on car / White / weekend warrior for my daughter

#8 bi9guns

bi9guns

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 03:29 PM

Moderators are doing a great job please continue.

#9 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25980 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 04:01 PM

Hey Matt,
Just for reference for the above noted Ad, I do try and list all the omissions in the date stamped Topic Hidden prompt box where we can post notes. You will see regarding this one I have listed such items. I do try to write as much info as possible within this note box. And when I send a PM to a member, I try and note that there as well. That way any staff member can see what’s been going on with a particular Ad.

Hope that is suffice.
Cheers

I

You do a great job and the community should be aware that you keep the marketplace running smoothly.   Just wanted  everyone concerned to know that when a site like this is  dealing with higher car parts like wheels or expensive items  we have to be a bit strict but its never an intention to deter people from posting and more communication from the Mods when its needed  could be a way for everyone to be on the same page

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#10 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4906 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 05:07 PM

You do a great job and the community should be aware that you keep the marketplace running smoothly.   Just wanted  everyone concerned to know that when a site like this is  dealing with higher car parts like wheels or expensive items  we have to be a bit strict but its never an intention to deter people from posting and more communication from the Mods when its needed  could be a way for everyone to be on the same page

👍

Edited by Gdzilla_, 11 November 2020 - 05:07 PM.

Current Stable:

#11 patgilm

patgilm

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 05:41 PM

I really get tired of the moderator posts in all of the for sale ads. It’s not because I don’t think the moderators should step in, it’s because I get tired of people not reading the rules and having to continuously fix it. If you read the requirements for posting a for sale ad I just don’t think it’s too difficult to follow, reading is fundamental.

#12 Ar106

Ar106

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 06:06 PM

No. It's really not that difficult.

+10000

#13 alexdavis

alexdavis

SpecV Member

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:31 AM

+10000

...And, if you're not sure about something, Moderators will ALWAYS answer your questions.  Just send a PM if it's important.

Alexd

bOeuB0b.jpg

2012 Gun-Metal GT-R Alpha 6 ([email protected]) originally tuned by Chris Black

Cobb, AAM mid-pipe, Gotboost 3", ID1000, FF manifold, 100 octane, stock DPs

Front camera, Whistler Remote, Reverse Beep eliminator, Running lights with headlights

Upgraded to Alpha 9 with MPSS tires: 9.7/148 all day

Fun to daily drive, thanks to AMS's Jacob Compton

UPDATED TO OMEGA 12

#14 aitan04

aitan04

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 02:51 PM

I get the impression that this is to some degree a control issue rather than a functional one.  Anyone thinking along those lines? Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

Edited by aitan04, 19 November 2020 - 11:13 PM.

#15 Python

Python

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3066 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 02:21 PM

the only thing i don't like is with the 25 posts because sometimes when i go on the site some dude had 25 straight posts saying next to nothing bumping old threads. i understand why its needed but some guys have no chill and try to get all 25 posts immediately.

#16 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4906 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:08 PM

the only thing i don't like is with the 25 posts because sometimes when i go on the site some dude had 25 straight posts saying next to nothing bumping old threads. i understand why its needed but some guys have no chill and try to get all 25 posts immediately.

Just hit the Report button Dan when you come across such action.
I’ll definitely review it.

Cheers

Current Stable:

#17 alexdavis

alexdavis

SpecV Member

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 02:03 AM

Just hit the Report button Dan when you come across such action.
I’ll definitely review it.

Cheers

Yeah, that is something I watch for too...

Alexd

bOeuB0b.jpg

2012 Gun-Metal GT-R Alpha 6 ([email protected]) originally tuned by Chris Black

Cobb, AAM mid-pipe, Gotboost 3", ID1000, FF manifold, 100 octane, stock DPs

Front camera, Whistler Remote, Reverse Beep eliminator, Running lights with headlights

Upgraded to Alpha 9 with MPSS tires: 9.7/148 all day

Fun to daily drive, thanks to AMS's Jacob Compton

UPDATED TO OMEGA 12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users